size 16/18 unsexy?

Options

Replies

• fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I used to work for a large retail operation. Here's what you do. Complain. LOUDLY. Obviously someone thinks it's sexy because they manufactured the damn thing AND it sold out. If the sales person doesn't want to do her job and be pofessional she shouldnkt be working there. She is not entitled to define sexy as it applies to anyone other than her. That was just an inappropriate dig because she obvoiusly has feelings about the way people look. What would she say next? They don't sell to different races, because they're not sexy? Small leaps in the chain of ignorant thoughts, but what's worse is she couldn't keep her thoughts to herself. Complain. Cmplain. Complain.
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am a size 16/18 and I am very sexy. Especially in corsets they make us goddesses.:P
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    How does that work she told you 16/18 wasn't sexy but obviously they must stock 16/18 because they would not have a gap from a size 14 to a size 20. I would write a letter to the manager. This shop assistant needs to be taught how to speak to customers regardless of what size they are:explode:
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    WOW! I am currently a 16 and I would have ripped her a new one for that. Call me unsexy to my face? I don't think so. First, I am not asking. Second, I don't care if another woman thinks I am sexy, because I am straight. Third, I only care if my husband thinks I am sexy because I am faithful. I definately think you should have lodged a complaint. Unbelievable. Grrrrrrrrr.
    I hope you can move past this person's insensitiveity and have a good day.:flowerforyou:
  • complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I went into a underwear store and picked out a corset. It was size 20, and I'm an 18 (uk sizes) The only other size they had was a 14.
    I asked the shop assistant if they would get any 16/18 sizes in store because I was interested in buying them.
    She had this to say.
    "I'm sorry but we don;t reorder those sizes because they arn;t very sexy."

Erm.. Thanks?

I feel really upset about this, and I don;t know what I should do.

Am I over reacting over this?

I would have asked to speak to the manager. Her statement was rude and unprofessional.
  • L0ralicious
    Options
    :O Really? Wow i would be hurt if someone said that to me too, but being "sexy" isnt about what size you are or how you look its about confidence and how you feel about yourself. I think we all put too much pressure on ourselves to be slim to feel sexy, rather than embracing our curves and waving at the haters with one finger! :)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Karma will make it all come back to her. Just saying.
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    I cant believe she flat out said that. Its one thing to say "we dont get many in that size because the demand isnt as high" but "not as sexy". What the crap? Supply and demand makes sense. Her personal opinon about sexy is rude.

Yeah i'd speak to the manager and have her fired. She probably makes 50% less sales because of her attitude. Dumb b**ch! I hate people like this. & totally agree on the size 20 is sexy? But 18 isn't? What the ****, thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard. :explode: :grumble:
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    very rude but i don't think she was meaning they don't carry it at all because it "isn't sexy", she said they don't reorder...meaning once it sells out, thats it. and that could very well be because it is not a good selling item.

either way, her comment was rude and hurtful and she owes you an apology but i think you guys saying she should be fired need to calm down. people are so sensitive these days!
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Girl if it was me first I'd talk in a loud voice and make sure everyone hears what I'm saying " How dare you talk to me like that,Did you just call me fat and that you don't cater to my size? Where is your manager and who is in your district manager and I am not leaving till I get that information and if I don't I will be back! (Never let them know when you'll be back I always give it at least 3 weeks so that they get comfortable then show up out of the blue and ask them again)

Keeps them on their toes till I get either an apology or some kind of recompense for the stress and humiliation.:angry:
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options

My point was not that they do not have them, it is that you have to ASK for them, and they get them out of the back of the store, as if they are something sordid or freakish. Women of ALL sizes should be treated with respect.

Okay, but actually, they do not do this anymore, they are IN the store, IN the drawers or ON the tables with the correct size labels.... I wear a DD, and have never had a problem.

Have to say... too little too late. The damage has been done, and looking at other posts... not just to me. I will take my money elsewhere, where they treat every customer with respect.
  • zenJes
    zenJes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sexy is a mindset not a size !!

That is sooo uncool i would definitely not go back to that store because im sure you can find the product somewhere else without having to put up with other peoples crap.... thats her opinion not the store so chin up and please dont let this put you off corsettes, cus they are AMAZING!!
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    You should strut into the store butt naked singing "I'm too sexy for my size 16/18 clothes."
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    WOW!! that is more than rude! I'm a customer interested in buying and you tell me something like that *THROWS **** ON FLOOR & EXITS STORE*
  • tewsy
    tewsy Posts: 34
    Options
    F88K them you are amazing!
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    I went into a underwear store and picked out a corset. It was size 20, and I'm an 18 (uk sizes) The only other size they had was a 14.
    I asked the shop assistant if they would get any 16/18 sizes in store because I was interested in buying them.
    She had this to say.
    "I'm sorry but we don;t reorder those sizes because they arn;t very sexy."

Erm.. Thanks?

I feel really upset about this, and I don;t know what I should do.

Am I over reacting over this?

what a cheeky *****! i would not have listened to that at all - complain to the managament for sure - she shouldnt be in that job x
  • leopard_barbie
    leopard_barbie Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Thats just plain rude. Id complain about her! Nobody can say what is or isnt sexy, its about personal preference and some men/women like bigger women! Not to mention that size 16/18s come in all different shapes, my friend wears that size just because of her massive boobs and ive def never heard anybody say that they are unsexy! It depends how tall you are and how you carry your weight to even determine whether youre big or not at a certain size! What a rude girl, dont let it bother you hun she was obviously just having a bad day or just isnt a very nice person x
  • tzuris
    tzuris Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm surprised by that. A UK 16/18 is a US 14/16 - which isn't an unusual size by any means and isn't necessarily "plus" in some stores.

I'm shocked that she would give an unsolicited opinion to you like that. I would definitely write an email. I recently went to a small boutique to buy nylons, and the saleslady pointblank asked me how much I weighed and demanded she help me pick out the size based on the weight I am.

I told the manager. She doesn't work there anymore - it turns out I wasn't the only customer upset by her comments. Speaking up is important - no one should feel humiliated when shopping for undergarments!
  • cmd721
    cmd721 Posts: 3
    Options
    First, I would have asked, "Excuse me? Can you repeat that?" and see if she would have a different response. If not, then a lot of profanity would have been used! Ok. Maybe not--especially if you want to be professional. But just like most of everyone has said, I would speak to a manager or write an email. That is a big deal and that girl should no longer work there. But don't let that get you down. Its just a test. There are always people out in the world that are going to try to make you feel like you are less than your worth. All that matters is what you think of yourself!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I'm surprised by that. A UK 16/18 is a US 14/16 - which isn't an unusual size by any means and isn't necessarily "plus" in some stores.

I'm shocked that she would give an unsolicited opinion to you like that. I would definitely write an email. I recently went to a small boutique to buy nylons, and the saleslady pointblank asked me how much I weighed and demanded she help me pick out the size based on the weight I am.

I told the manager. She doesn't work there anymore - it turns out I wasn't the only customer upset by her comments. Speaking up is important - no one should feel humiliated when shopping for undergarments!

Well, hopefully she'll change her tune and not get bitter towards plus sized women in general.