size 16/18 unsexy?

Options

Replies

• KC3003
    KC3003 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get small enough to get into a 16 or 18 before summer. I'm still sexy, even at this weight. Dont let a thoughtless remark slow you down! You are wonderful.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Honestly, fat is not sexy. It's harsh, but true. I was fat. I was not sexy. It is what it is. Healthy is sexy. Taking care of yourself is sexy. And a person doesn't get fat by taking care of themselves.....
  • juliekat1955
    Options
    Anybody with a reasonable mind knows that sexy is in the eye of the beholder. Sexy could be 90 lbs. or 500 lbs....each to his own and for her to say something like that shows her intelligence, I feel sorry for her....not to mention she is hurting that business. Try not to let an ignorant person have enough power to make you feel bad, you are beautiful no matter what number you are.
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    So she should lose her job because she doesn't think that size is sexy and made the mistake of being honest? I agree she should be a little more professional.

I don't think it's sexy, either... too bad you can't get me fired for it. I sure hope she doesn't have any kids depending on her paycheck for food...

So if OP had been an "older" woman shopping in the same store, and was told by the salesperson "I'm sorry, we don't sell lingerie to people your age"...would that have been ok? What if she were black? Disabled? An "out" lesbian? A man? Or...here's a thought...too thin to fit any of the available sizes?

After all, anyone saying something similar to people who fit the above examples is also just expressing an honest opinion. You're absolutely right. No one should ever lose their job for unprofessional, discriminatory comments. :noway:

It's not about expressing an opinion. It's about being professional and creating an atmosphere where ALL customers feel welcome.
  • inspirashley
    Options
    That's a horrible thing for the sales girl to say to you! Let me just say this; my best friend is a size 16...and she is THE most gorgeous, sexy lady I have ever met! Being larger than the ladies in the magazines doesn't make you un-sexy. If you are taking care of your health, and eating and exercising responsibly, then the number on your corset doesn't matter! Please don't listen to comments such as what was said to you. Sexy is as sexy does! :smile:
  • ccguillory
    ccguillory Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I wish some of the people here would clarify there statements without being mean and rude. A size 16/18 and up is certainly sexy.. It's all how you carry yourself..

Make sure to add a statement when you choose to be negative is your attitude that was unsexy because you probably had no confidence and therefore did not find yourself sexy.

I am now a size 16/18 and my confidence is getting better not because of my size but because of my age. I am all about me and I find myself sexy because my husband also thinks I am. Everyone else I could care less.

People come in all shapes and sizes and the saleswoman was rude. Some people may lose/gain weight and be beautiful, but ugly is still ugly and curves will always be hot.
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Honestly, fat is not sexy. It's harsh, but true. I was fat. I was not sexy. It is what it is. Healthy is sexy. Taking care of yourself is sexy. And a person doesn't get fat by taking care of themselves.....

And now we can sleep soundly tonight since the one true authority on sexy has spoken... *sarcasm*

Fat bashing is ok since you used to be fat? Cool, glad I know the rules for when/if I ever meet your sexy standard... Until then, I guess my own quiet confidence and supportive attitude will have to tide me over. Thanks for the clarification.

:drinker:
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options

You are mistaken. Many people find size 16/18 women sexy. It is perfectly possible to be a 16/18 and be healthy as well.

Some people don't find women who obviously lift heavy to be sexy. It's harsh, but true. Should women who prefer to lift be discriminated against because some people don't find them sexy?
  • FitLink
    Options
    I wish some of the people here would clarify there statements without being mean and rude. A size 16/18 and up is certainly sexy.. It's all how you carry yourself..

Make sure to add a statement when you choose to be negative is your attitude that was unsexy because you probably had no confidence and therefore did not find yourself sexy.

I am now a size 16/18 and my confidence is getting better not because of my size but because of my age. I am all about me and I find myself sexy because my husband also thinks I am. Everyone else I could care less.

People come in all shapes and sizes and the saleswoman was rude. Some people may lose/gain weight and be beautiful, but ugly is still ugly and curves will always be hot.

Yes. And ugly has nothing to do with how you look.
  • FitLink
    Options
    WOW! I am currently a 16 and I would have ripped her a new one for that. Call me unsexy to my face? I don't think so. First, I am not asking. Second, I don't care if another woman thinks I am sexy, because I am straight. Third, I only care if my husband thinks I am sexy because I am faithful. I definately think you should have lodged a complaint. Unbelievable. Grrrrrrrrr.
    I hope you can move past this person's insensitiveity and have a good day.:flowerforyou:

LOL, I'm with ya! But I'm gay and faithful, but I still like to feel sexy. It's got nothing to do with cheating.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Actually, if I was a sales person, I would have sold you a cardboard box if you wanted one because you think they are sexy... Give me your f'in cash!!!
    Isn't it what sales people are supposed to do? Sell stuff?
  • melisa35158
    melisa35158 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Please don't ever let someone make you feel bad! She was rude...but you have all the power to make comments like that stop. I would go back to the store and complain about the customer service you were given by that associate.
  • tlamarch
    tlamarch Posts: 105
    Options
    anybody can be sexy, its all how you carry yourself
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    she is a dumba**
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options

I have weight to lose but I can GUARANTEE that I am sexy!!
  • all6smilez
    all6smilez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is ridiculous....thats my size and I'm sexy as hell and my boyfriend thinks so also lol

Honey she just don't understand that real women have curves lol
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I think it's one thing if the store does not carry that size or plus sizes. But that store does as they have the size before and after. I can't get mad if they don't carry plus sizes but it is not up to the sales person to say it's because it is or isn't attractive or sexy. I went into a Lulemon store and they explained the sizing but I saw that they only go up to a 12. Ok I guess that is that store, can't be mad that they don't carry higher. I mentioned that I usually wear a 14 in pants and she said I could try the 12 "and see how it goes". It sounded mildly snotty but at least she didn't tell me that my *kitten* is too fat for yoga pants or a 14 has no business in there. Lol
    And I was so happy when I got to a 14 because I could finally go in "regular" stores. Guess Lulemon has to wait if I choose to shop there.
  • weisegirl1119
    weisegirl1119 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sexy isnt always a size its how we feel about ourselves and the confidence that we have. How we carry ourselves, you might not be where you want to be right now, I know I am not but be proud of your hard work and own what and who you are now, the inside it isnt where we need to change (most of us anyway) its the outside we are working on, some ppl just dont get it. Hold your head high!
  • Family_Man
    Family_Man Posts: 53
    Options
    Sexy isn't a size, it's a way of life!
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sexy isn't a size, it's a way of life!

You rock! I love that most of the men on here are tactful and empathetic! It really speaks to your character! :smile: