size 16/18 unsexy?

Options
I went into a underwear store and picked out a corset. It was size 20, and I'm an 18 (uk sizes) The only other size they had was a 14.
I asked the shop assistant if they would get any 16/18 sizes in store because I was interested in buying them.
She had this to say.
"I'm sorry but we don;t reorder those sizes because they arn;t very sexy."

Erm.. Thanks?

I feel really upset about this, and I don;t know what I should do.

Am I over reacting over this?

Replies

• SherryGbaby
    Options
    I would've asked for the manager. I think any size can be sexy.
  • antiwings
    antiwings Posts: 34
    Options

I should of, but I just felt so embarrist being there after she said that. :(
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    So a size 20 is sexy, and a 14 is sexy, but a 16/18 isn't? :noway:

I would definitely speak to the manager about it.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    What a dumb girl. What I don't get is if 16/18 is "unsexy" why would they have the size 20? I think she was just having a bad day or something and just being a b.
  • SherryGbaby
    Options

I should of, but I just felt so embarrist being there after she said that. :(

I def understand that feeling. It would've hurt me too. It sucks to hear things like that when you have been doing a great job losing weight and living healthier
  • prmona83
    prmona83 Posts: 3
    Options
    Write an email to the manager or owner. Reread it or have a friend look over it. You want to get your point across that the salesperson's comment was very rude, insensitive and unacceptable in Customer Service. Make sure your email sounds professional and not an emotional rambeling. Believe meI have had to rewrite some emails as well.

I would be very upset. Don't let someone like this get you down. It is sexy. HUGS
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    What a dumb girl. What I don't get is if 16/18 is "unsexy" why would they have the size 20? I think she was just having a bad day or something and just being a b.
    yeah. Sexy is in the eye of the beholder- her job is to sell, not to tell you what is sexy. Go back in there and have a talk with the manager...
  • barney50501Missy
    Options
    Wtf? I am amazed at the ignorant things that come out of people's mouths. SHE may not feel 16/18 is sexy but that does not mean everyone else feels that way. I wouldn't let that slide, no way...I agree with everyone else...either go back and speak to a manager or write the email/letter as another poster (?) advised.

As long as you FEEL sexy..."f" her. That's all that matters.
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    with vanity sizing & folks with butt & boob implants...clothing size is an impossible thing to worry about
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    lol wow
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. How RUDE. Definitely speak to a manager!
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I cant believe she flat out said that. Its one thing to say "we dont get many in that size because the demand isnt as high" but "not as sexy". What the crap? Supply and demand makes sense. Her personal opinon about sexy is rude.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that'll be why they had none, not the fact that it's the average British women's size so they sell out quickest!!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I would have smacked the ***** or at least would have given a very venomous response. But yeah, report her if you can. There are plenty of people looking for work and would be more than happy to take her spot.
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    What an absolute cow bag. Any size is sexy. I'd write in a complain, you never know you might get a voucher :P Argh I'm annoyed for you! Don't let comments like that get under your skin x
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Chin up, pretty lady. Sounds like the sales girl was being an *kitten*!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    While it was pretty freaking rude of the employee to say that to you, I personally don't find that size to be attractive (I've been a 16, it wasn't pretty).

But that's MY OPINION. There is no one answer. Plenty of men find women sized 16/18 attractive. Plenty of men find women size 22/24 attractive. And so on, and so forth.

I'd have asked to speak to a manager though, because that was beyond rude, and as a paying customer I can almost guarantee the manager would have ordered your size for you. I've had stores order my size in things before when they were out of it on the sales floor, sometimes costs a little extra but whatever.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I cant believe that sales person said that! I would've talked to a manager
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    what a rude b-itch

16/18 can be sexy if you got the confidence to show what you got!
  • TheOriginalGinging
    Options
    Sexy is as Sexy does--I'd call the manager.