size 16/18 unsexy?

Options

Replies

• PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I would actually find a contact for someone higher up in the store and talk to them. Sexy is a matter of opinion and being told a size 16/18 is not sexy is horrible.

This!

sexy is being healthy and confident, not a size. What a bratty girl she must be!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Call the manager!! Write corporate!!!

I once got a snotty remark from a girl in Forever 21 about the fact that they didn't care XL in-store. I raised hell right there in the tiny cheap teeshirt section and made sure EVERYONE knew this associate didn't care for XL customers in her store.
  • afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I lost 105 pounds about 8.5 years ago and was around a 16/18. I felt pretty damn sassy! lol Then I went into a VS store and asked for a 38D bra. The clerk said, "We don't carry them that big." I was like WTH?! I turned around and walked out. Even when I re-lose all the weight I gained back and then some, I don't know that I'll ever buy anything from them.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    So a size 20 is sexy, and a 14 is sexy, but a 16/18 isn't? :noway:

I would definitely speak to the manager about it.

This.
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Wow, she should NOT be working there! What a rude and inappropriate thing to say!

You can be sexy at any size and weight as long as you feel sexy! It's about attitude and confidence, not size!
  • amandarae21
    Options
    who the eff says that? Especially a woman to another woman? Maybe I am just super out spoken, but I would have flipped...and even if I didn't know you and just over heard it, I would have flipped. I would have that girl thinking a 16/18 was the most sexiest size. I can't believe that.
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I wouldve slapped a hoe. :mad:
    How dare her say that to you or to anyone else for that matter.
    Please don't let her discourage you from saying that, her
    chararacter obviously is crappy if she has the nerve to say
    that to someone she doesnt even know.

THIS is how you should feel about your size.
    You can be sexy at any size and weight as long as you feel sexy! It's about attitude and confidence, not size!
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options
    I went into a underwear store and picked out a corset. It was size 20, and I'm an 18 (uk sizes) The only other size they had was a 14.
    I asked the shop assistant if they would get any 16/18 sizes in store because I was interested in buying them.
    She had this to say.
    "I'm sorry but we don;t reorder those sizes because they arn;t very sexy."

Erm.. Thanks?

I feel really upset about this, and I don;t know what I should do.

Am I over reacting over this?

No you aren't wrong. There are some extremely bitter people in this world. You just happened to meet one of them.

She was most likely jealous of your incredible eyes. Hold your head high. Tomorrow is another day.

Tom

:smile:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I lost 105 pounds about 8.5 years ago and was around a 16/18. I felt pretty damn sassy! lol Then I went into a Victoria's Secret and asked for a 38D bra. The clerk said, "We don't carry them that big." I was like WTH?! I turned around and walked out. Even when I re-lose all the weight I gained back and then some, I don't know that I'll ever buy anything from them.

I had a similar experience with Victoria's Secret. I asked if they carried XL panties and they were like, "Um....no. But you can squeeze into a large if you want." No. I don't squeeze into nothing. I see they have larger sizes on their website but I guess I'm just wary about ordering that stuff online.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I would've asked for the manager. I think any size can be sexy.

^^This. Furthermore, you are a paying customer and if they want business from you (or anyone else for that matter) in the future, they should have ordered that for you.

It's also unprofessional for the sales associate to say that about your size.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Totally not OK, I would certainly contact her employer...and take joy in it whilst doing so. Hopefully she will be written-up.

Please please contact the store, you don't deserve that kind of treatment -

:noway:
  • bmuff
    bmuff Posts: 64
    Options
    I totally agree with everyone on here. She was absolutely rude and should not be working there. And like everyone is saying, 16/18 is not sexy-but a 20 is??? Absurd!!!
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Definitely speak to the manager since you can't smack her like the stupid girl deserves! That was very hurtful.

Everyone has their own idea of sexy. Personally I think skinny models aren't disgusting. It's not jealousy either. At one point I was thin and was told I looked unhealthy and not as attractive as when I was heavier. Looking at pics I have to agree. I'm definitely sexier when I'm curvier.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Is this a chain store? Send in a complaint online....I find thats easier than doing the whole face to face thing...especially because you're already feeling embarrassed. Also...try shopping online. Look up a site called hips and curves I think. Good prices, great sizes....and they're all sexy! ;)
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Her JOB, as an employee of a lingerie store, is to "sell sexy." I worked at a lingerie store about 10 years ago, and one thing we were taught is, "Women of EVERY size are sexy, but many of them don't feel they are. Your job is to MAKE THEM FEEL SEXY." That employee should not be working there, and I'm sorry that she was an idiot and said that to you.
  • faffajane
    faffajane Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My husband would disagree and no doubt would have said a few choice words to the sales assistant! He is currently depressed because I am trying to lose weight!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Tell them that Marilyn Monroe was around that size. And she wasn't sexy???????????????
  • SMannells
    SMannells Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow. That really is extremely rude. Sorry you had to experience that.
    You shouldn't feel embarrassed for wanting to embrace your shape by wearing something sexy.
    It's not that woman's job to give you her personal opinion unless you ask for her personal opinion; it's her job to give you the product you're looking for. Obviously, I agree with everyone else. Speak with a manager- I hope you got the girls name.
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    That is just incredibly rude! Please make sure someone in the store's management hears about your experience. You shouldn't have to suffer in silence, and it might save someone else from having to hear the same thing.

P.S. You're adorable...don't let one rude biddy get you down.
  • faffajane
    faffajane Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would also be writing a letter of complaint to the manager as well!