size 16/18 unsexy?

Options

Replies

• _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    In her own awkward, insensitive way, she was just speaking the truth as she sees it.
    That's why we're here losing weight.
    Just let it go and move on, knowing that you are doing what you need to do for your health.
    Stupid people will say stupid things.
    We're bigger than that.

It isn't her job to speak her opinion. It is her job to get the customer the product. End of story.

Edited to add that I don't think she should be fired, but ffs complain so that she is given the right tools to better assist future customers.
  • tugers2
    tugers2 Posts: 139
    Options
    but a 20 is?
  • ldg323
    ldg323 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I say you give all of us the website and we ll do on-line complaints.........

What a horrible thing to say! She should be fired.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I went into a underwear store and picked out a corset. It was size 20, and I'm an 18 (uk sizes) The only other size they had was a 14.
    I asked the shop assistant if they would get any 16/18 sizes in store because I was interested in buying them.
    She had this to say.
    "I'm sorry but we don;t reorder those sizes because they arn;t very sexy."

A number of years ago, I went in Victoria's Secret in the US, and asked for a 36C bra, the assistant said "OH, we don't put THAT size out on display". My response.... "so, you are saying, you don't ACTUALLY cater for women who HAVE breasts, just the itty bitty committee?" That was over 10 years ago, and never walked in one of their stores since. I make a point of telling all my girlfriends to not shop there. If people need ironing board covers, then that is the place to shop.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    So she should lose her job because she doesn't think that size is sexy and made the mistake of being honest? I agree she should be a little more professional.

I don't think it's sexy, either... too bad you can't get me fired for it. I sure hope she doesn't have any kids depending on her paycheck for food...
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    So a size 20 is sexy, and a 14 is sexy, but a 16/18 isn't? :noway:

I would definitely speak to the manager about it.

EXACTLY.
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing...you don't have to do anything. If she is shallow enough to base style on size/looks, there is probably not much depth to her. In which case, she is probably a very unhappy person. If you are an unhappy/shallow person it can make the days very long. and that is a sad thing.

beside..my Rabi once told me "you dont have to do anything, G-d has better revenge then you could ever think of"
  • mel5989
    mel5989 Posts: 80
    Options
    sorry...I meant DONT let it over take you!
  • blazeybug87
    blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Errr I have a picture on my profile of me in a size 18 corset and now I am paranoid lol

Write a letter and you will more than likely get a store credit, then go in and get your corset for free :)

Cheeky cow - I would have exchanged some serious verbal!

Curves deffo look great in a corset!!!
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    "I'm sorry but we don;t reorder those sizes because they arn;t very sexy."

They they are ordering the wrong thing, obviously. I have seen panties in sizes XXXL that were sexy. Sexy is mostly a state of mind, not a size.

How many size 2,4, and 6s are left on the sale rack? Why? because the average sizes sell. I would rather sell more full priced items than mark everything down to 50%. Not good marketing or sales practices.
  • bm99
    Options
    I say you give all of us the website and we ll do on-line complaints.........

What a horrible thing to say! She should be fired.

Yeah she should! Who cares if she has a family to feed or a retirement to fund... she hurt your FEEWINGS!
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I would have dropkicked her right on the spot LOL :-)
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I won't shop at Victoria's Secret, no matter what my size ends up, because they told me very specifically that while they may carry certain sizes online, they don't want 'those people' shopping in their store. They told me their policy was to never carry anything bigger than a size Large. Yeah, way to make me feel like pooey and losing a customer for a lifetime!
  • cristaine
    cristaine Posts: 87
    Options
    So she should lose her job because she doesn't think that size is sexy and made the mistake of being honest? I agree she should be a little more professional.

I don't think it's sexy, either... too bad you can't get me fired for it. I sure hope she doesn't have any kids depending on her paycheck for food...

She likely won't be fired. Rarely is a first offense of this nature due cause for dismissal. Actions do unfortunately have consequences though, and she as an adult should be aware of that. Why flies on a forum doesn't tend to fly when your companies reputation is on the line, fair or not.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options

If she needs her pay to feed and clothes her kids, then maybe she learns to keep her mouth shut, her opinion to her self and just sell clothes
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Also, if its a 16 in UK then it would be a 12/14 in US right?

That's really not that big. Its about average! And certainly, if she's judging based on societal standards, that would be better than the UK size 20 they are selling!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I would have dropkicked her right on the spot LOL :-)

I see we think alike!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    What a dumb girl. What I don't get is if 16/18 is "unsexy" why would they have the size 20? I think she was just having a bad day or something and just being a b.

It could also be a case of, "I don't know the answer, and I don't feel like doing the work to find out, so I'm just gonna blow smoke up this customer's patoot and hope she leaves me alone." I worked in retail for a long time, and, even though I NEVER did that to a customer, I know there are alot of retail workers who have that attitude...unfortunately.
  • bm99
    Options

If she needs her pay to feed and clothes her kids, then maybe she learns to keep her mouth shut, her opinion to her self and just sell clothes

That'll show her to be honest. I bet she'll be thinking about how sexy that size is all the way to the welfare office...
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    Write an email to the manager or owner. Reread it or have a friend look over it. You want to get your point across that the salesperson's comment was very rude, insensitive and unacceptable in Customer Service. Make sure your email sounds professional and not an emotional rambeling. Believe meI have had to rewrite some emails as well.

I would be very upset. Don't let someone like this get you down. It is sexy. HUGS

This definitely. And maybe see if they'll throw one in for free?? Or at least a discount/gift card :wink: