size 16/18 unsexy?

Options

Replies

• TheSlimWithin
    Options
    How rude! Definitely send in some form of complaint, that's totally against good practice.

And don't let close-minded comments get you down. There's no written or unspoken rule that says size 16/18 is unsexy, and if it is I know a lot of people who completely and utterly break that rule. Cheer up. :heart:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is sooo rude of that person to say that to you :mad: :( Any size is sexy and you're beautiful!!!!! :smile:
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Wow, really?
    Thats rude.
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Strange answer. They had size 20 but think 16/18 isn´t sexy then how come 20 is sexy?
    Just wondering
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    That was very unprofessional. Regardless of her personal opinion I doubt that is the store policy. I would speak to someone above her.
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    well, she sounds like a **** tbh. and really really unproffessional she could have just said sorry we are out of stock or something. im a size 4 - 6 uk sizes and i think THATS UNSEXY IN A COSRET - yes im talking about myself ahah. at least a size 16/18 would have some booobs, pfft, that lady sounds like a loooooser for saying that.
  • carray250
    carray250 Posts: 43
    Options
    That was extremely unprofessional. Please do not patronage that shop again. But first, let the manager know WHY you won't be buying their stuff anymore.
  • caiialily
    caiialily Posts: 28
    Options
    I think you need to have a Pretty Woman moment. Go back to the store, talk to the manager, and rub that ignorant sales clerk's face in your sexiness. Okay, that sounded dirty. But still.
  • trondclan
    trondclan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's really hard for me when I am trying so hard to concentrate on health more and image less, to hear something like what happened to you! I want to find ways to feel pretty as I am in the process of living healthier. Sorry you had to hear that, but hopefully you can avoid buying into that. :smile:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    All sizes can be sexy. Size 2 can be sexy. Size 20 can be sexy. It's about finding the right look.

I'm so sorry you had to go through this. Next time, you make sure you raise hell about it. It's not a nice thing to say and totally inappropriate, and so wrong.
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you should complain to the management. I'd find that easier on the phone or by email. I never think of the right thing to say at the time. There are plenty of men, and women who'd rather see a beautiful, curvy woman in lingerie, than a stick figure with her collarbones sticking out.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    They don't re-order the sizes that sell out quickest? well ain't that special :huh:

The sales girl sounds like a b!tch, pay no mind, is she really the authority on what's sexy?
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    That's pretty ridiculous for someone to say, especially in a customer service role.

Even from just a financial perspective, a manager would probably be kind of annoyed that a salesperson turned away business. Especially in such a way that would cause bad word-of-mouth about the company.

Sexy is all about confidence and that comes in all sizes.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sounds like she was being a catty *****. I agree, I would complain to the manager. Her opinion or anyone else's doesn't matter ... you were there to make a purchase and that was RUDE!

I am a 16, again, after losing 57 pounds ... and I'm not done yet but let me tell ya sister, having come from a size 22 I feel pretty darn sexy right now! Don't let that foolishness bring you down!
  • seetherslave
    Options
    Definitely talk to a manager - someone like that does not need to be in customer service and certainly not in the lingerie business. I was a 16/18 when I bought my first corset (which I still wear as a size 20) and my boyfriend lost his mind over it and begs me to wear it more often. There's gotta be something sexy about it, wouldn't you say? Don't let ignorant, close-minded people get you down. Someone around here said sexy is about attitude, not size and they are entirely correct - because as someone posted earlier, sexy is in the eye of the beholder. There are some people who think a size two is sexy and there are some who think a size twenty-two is sexy. I ordered from Hips and Curves, if you're interested - they were a pleasure to work with and they have some beautiful corsets. Don't ever let anyone make you feel "unsexy"!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Sexy is an opinion. Whatever this salesperson's reason for being rude was, you needn't concern yourself. Give your $ to another store that carries what you want and don't waste your time and energy trying to figure mean spirited people out.
  • Rachel4343
    Rachel4343 Posts: 19
    Options
    I have been in a size 16 to 18 most of my adult life. I have never felt unsexy. Stupid store.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I would actually find a contact for someone higher up in the store and talk to them. Sexy is a matter of opinion and being told a size 16/18 is not sexy is horrible.
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Fist to face...works wonders. :D
  • muchadoaboutme2000
    muchadoaboutme2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Eff that lady! The day I become a 16/18 is the day I run around my neighborhood naked! Please....prepare bail money. I have 2 more sizes to go....LOL