100 push up, 200 squat or 200 sit up challenge

Options

Replies

• LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'll take my test later today.

I must be doing the squats wrong because I was able to to 50.
    push ups. 4
    situps 20

It tells you how to do them, but you probably got it right....they are easier than the other stuff...when I first started on this site and started working out I joined a challenge to do 100 squats a day and I was like "I can do that!" Well I could only do 50 but that was right when I started and had not done any exercising in ages! So I think us women use our legs in everyday life more than we think...So you are prob doing it right.....feet shoulder width apart, then push butt out and don't let knees go over toes...do whatever feels best with your arms....and don't drop your butt lower than your knees but try to get them even (which is about 90 degree to floor)
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Ok I did my first day today! I did week 1 day 1 for the push ups and the sit ups but I started week 3 day 1 for the squats. That is what the site recommended since my initial test was so high.

So
    Push ups--check!
    sit ups---Check!
    squats---Check!
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'll post my initial results after I workout this afternoon.
  • KatW71
    KatW71 Posts: 5
    Options
    I did my initial test last night....

Pushups 0
    **Rank 1 or 2

Squats 15
    Rank Average

**I have a question about the pushups ....I was not able to even do one "good form" push up..but when I did the test again with using the "knee" pushups I was able to get out 8. So which rank should I use for the challenge and I am assuming I stick with the "knee" push ups?? Help!! :huh:
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Initial test from last night:
    Pushups: 1(on toes) - Need more upper body strength
    Squats - 61
    Sit ups - 56

I also added the 150 dips to my list
    Dips - 13

Tomorrow I will start the schedule
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options

**I have a question about the pushups ....I was not able to even do one "good form" push up..but when I did the test again with using the "knee" pushups I was able to get out 8. So which rank should I use for the challenge and I am assuming I stick with the "knee" push ups?? Help!! :huh:

I would say to start each set with the good form push-ups and then drop to your knees if you need to complete the set. Also try a negative push-up where to lower yourself all the way to the floor as slow as possible and then start again.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Initial test---not too good...I should have done it before working out in the morning...I got to 10 and quit.

I started this morning with the app. I did all 27 and wasn't straining at all! Next workout should be harder because I told the app it was too easy---bring it 38!
  • tishajo
    Options
    Initial Test: I did 8 push-ups on my toes. I will start the push up challenge on Friday.
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    As I said, i'm in! Planed to do my initial test yesterday, but came home quite late and was to tired, today will be the same, so I'll start tomorrow! Looking forward to it!
  • annttvldz
    annttvldz Posts: 21
    Options
    I will definitely start this tomorrow!
  • phitless
    phitless Posts: 9
    Options
    I always get to week 3 or 4, then real life gets in the way and I get side tracked. By the time I get back to them, I feel like I should start over.
  • jaquwa
    jaquwa Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bumping for later!
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I loved the site so I'm going to do all the challenges except the pull ups. Initial test results:

Push ups 30
    Sit ups 30
    Tricep dips 20
    Squats 75

I probably could have pushed myself a little bit more but I got bored. Might "test" again over the weekend before starting program.
  • tishajo
    Options
    I am looking forward to starting my Week 1, Day 1 tomorrow. :smile:
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    I just realized au never did my squats yesterday so I will be a day behind on those tomorrow.

Push up w1d2c3: 10, 12, 8, 8, 14 = 52
  • tinaslosingit
    tinaslosingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Push ups W1D1: 12, 10, 8, 7, 9. Total: 46
  • lmichelleg
    lmichelleg Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Initial test:

Pushups: 4 - Rank: 1

I will login Monday, Wednesday, Friday.
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    Situp Challenge - starting on week 3

21 - 27 - 21 - 21 - 75 Total = 165

What is a good stretch to do after doing sit-ups?
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Squats w3d2c3: 27, 34, 21, 21, 34 = 137 Ouch!:noway: :noway:
  • reankanesmom
    reankanesmom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am going to start the 200 squat tonight I will post my initial results. I will do push up and sit ups in a few weeks I am still recovering from a tummy tuck straight ab work sucks right now did tap out xt and it killed them just about lol.