I did the ultimate food sin..*gulp* ugh...

Options
Last night i went to the movies to see Prometheus & guess what I had..yep..POPCORN..it was soo freakin delicious but i know i gained a lb or 2! HELP! what should i do?! i'm thinking 2hrs of cardio today..

i didn't workout at all yesterday cause the BF had off work,and thats my break day..but is it true,once you hit 1,200calories that means you gained a lb?

:sad:

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    What are you talking about?! It takes 3500 calories to put on a pound... over and above your TDEE, which is definitely over 1200 calories. You're just retaining water and it will be gone in a few days. Just log the calories and keep going.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Seriously? We all have our bad days. Do your regular workout, eat like you normally do and move forward. Not a big deal. Don't beat yourself up over it. You'll be fine!
  • kayx199189
    kayx199189 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Dont worry, each pound of fat is 3500 cals so in order to gain a pound you'd have to over eat by 500cals a day to gain a pound, so whatever your bmr is you times that by at least 1.2(thats for a lazy lifestyle) then whatever that leaves you with you'd have to eat 500more cals a day
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options

.but is it true,once you hit 1,200calories that means you gained a lb?

NO! Who told you that? 1,200 calories is still a deficit-especially if you're working out as hard as you do! You have to have approximately 3,500 calories OVER what your maintenance calories are (for you, that's probably about 1900-2000 calories total) in order to gain a pound. There is no way you ate over 5,000 calories! :) Fear not!

The salt may make you retain a little water, but drinking plenty of water will help shed that. ;)
  • kasebrad
    kasebrad Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I looked up movie theater popcorn and even the largest size is around 800 calories. You have to go 3500 calories over your TDEE to gain a pound. Nothing to worry about. Just do a normal workout, you'll be fine.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Last night i went to the movies to see Prometheus & guess what I had..yep..POPCORN..it was soo freakin delicious but i know i gained a lb or 2! HELP! what should i do?! i'm thinking 2hrs of cardio today..

i didn't workout at all yesterday cause the BF had off work,and thats my break day..but is it true,once you hit 1,200calories that means you gained a lb?

It's possible to have gained a lb in water weight, but not actual fat. even laying around all day in bed, it'd be unlikely to gain a lb of fat eating only 1200 cals
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    What are you talking about?! It takes 3500 calories to put on a pound... over and above your TDEE, which is definitely over 1200 calories. You're just retaining water and it will be gone in a few days. Just log the calories and keep going.

Whats "TDEE"? i didn't even add the popcorn to my food diary yesterday cause i dont even wanna know how much calories and fat was in it :blushing: thank you though for telling me about the 3500 calorie thing,i didnt know that..so i guess it would be a good thing to just eat real clean today and do 2hrs of cardio :smokin: <---lol
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Surely this is a joke.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Based on the pic, the name, and the post, I'm just going to ask what everyone else is thinking but won't say...

is this chick for real?
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Based on the pic, the name, and the post, I'm just going to ask what everyone else is thinking but won't say...

is this chick for real?

What's wrong with her picture or name? And I'm sure you've never ever been confused about any of the calorie issues, right?

Sandy: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Whats "TDEE"? i didn't even add the popcorn to my food diary yesterday cause i dont even wanna know how much calories and fat was in it :blushing: thank you though for telling me about the 3500 calorie thing,i didnt know that..so i guess it would be a good thing to just eat real clean today and do 2hrs of cardio :smokin: <---lol

2 hrs of cardio is a little overboard and trying to make up for what you perceive as a bad eating day by punishing yourself with extra cardio is the beginning of an unhealthy relationship with food
  • moea432
    moea432 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    popcorn isnt that bad for you actually , as long as you dont soak it in butter
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It's just water retention from the sodium. Chill out.
  • kayx199189
    kayx199189 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Surely this is a joke.

Why be such an *kitten*
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Trollin' trollin' trollin'
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I went to the movie last week and had popcorn. Didn't affect me at all - weight wise/
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Pop corn is the ultimate food sin?

I am going to hell for what I ate in Las Vegas then. Totally worth it though.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I surely thought she was kidding
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    The ultimate food sin is popcorn? I am so eating some cheesecake tonight!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Considering that popcorn would not have 3500 calories or 7000 calories there is no way you gained that... but lots of water will take care of helping you flush the sodium