I did the ultimate food sin..*gulp* ugh...

Options

Replies

• Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    To be fair to the OP, I read on a website that my TDEE was 900 calories, so 1200 would be a gain. Now, I do know that website was ridiculous, I do not eat 900 calories, all I'm saying is there's some bad information out there and if the OP stumbled on that website first she might not have questioned it.

(I wish I had the website to link. Will have another look now...)

whoaaaaaaaaaa!

Stop the BOAT!

What's your stats???

My TDEE is always like HUGE.... and I don't think i'm that big of a girl....

BMR maybe? I would use a reliable calculator. I used http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx a few times.... my BMR is 1,475 and TDEE is 2,028 currently, as I am not exercising hardly at all lately. I'm 5'5'' and 151 lbs.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    please read my previous posts in this forum & you'll get your answers.thanks.my ultimate goal is to be in fitness competitions..and to do that u need to gain a lot of muscle and eat VERY clean,so of course i'm gonna feel guilty over popcorn
    What do you mean "of course i'm gonna feel guilty"? Why would a person with a healthy relationship to food every feel GUILTY about what they ate? Guilt is a misplaced emotion when it comes to food. To me that is a sign of a problem.

an unhealthy relationship with food....isnt' that how we all got here? If it were healthy, would we be obsessing over it enough to log everything and talk about it all day?
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but when it comes to food, I can out-sin popcorn like I'm the devil himself. :tongue:

(Also, I think the ultimate food sin would be cannibalism. Yes?)
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but when it comes to food, I can out-sin popcorn like I'm the devil himself. :tongue:

food as sin.

I feel like I need a picture of me wearing a bikini made of bacon to make it *really* naughty :)

[i'm a vegetarian, so there's a little insight into my joke..oh, and my BF loves bacon]
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    please read my previous posts in this forum & you'll get your answers.thanks.my ultimate goal is to be in fitness competitions..and to do that u need to gain a lot of muscle and eat VERY clean,so of course i'm gonna feel guilty over popcorn
    What do you mean "of course i'm gonna feel guilty"? Why would a person with a healthy relationship to food every feel GUILTY about what they ate? Guilt is a misplaced emotion when it comes to food. To me that is a sign of a problem.

an unhealthy relationship with food....isnt' that how we all got here? If it were healthy, would we be obsessing over it enough to log everything and talk about it all day?

HAHA!! I LOVE it!! Exactly! Couldn't have said it better myself. AMEN! :drinker:
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options

YES!
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I go to the movies alot and eat a small bag without butter 400 calories.?? If it's something you love I don't think you should taboo it. You will only set yourself up for failure. I don't wanna live in a world without chocolate and movie theater popcorn.
  • beccapink
    beccapink Posts: 28
    Options
    Drink a lot of water to flush out your system, and get a good work out in :smile:
  • beccapink
    beccapink Posts: 28
    Options
    I agree with byebyegirl , i wouldn't worry about it , its only 1 day
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Surely this is a joke.

i'm quoting this cuz it's the nicest thing i can think to say
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options

food as sin.

I feel like I need a picture of me wearing a bikini made of bacon to make it *really* naughty :)

[i'm a vegetarian, so there's a little insight into my joke..oh, and my BF loves bacon]

I'm not into girls.... but I AM into bacon.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    The ultimate answer is to sneak in your own healthy snack to the movies. Their prices are outrageous anyway.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    To put this in perspective. I once accidentally ate 2k calories over my daily goal. Yes, it's true. My skills at denial are so strong that I really thought to myself, "How bad could half a loaf of garlic cheese bread possibly be?"

Even with that cheese bread, I would have had to have eaten another 1500 calories+my deficit+maintenance for the rest of the week,etc in order to eat enough calories to gain a lb of fat. Naturally, I held onto some water weight the next day.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Yanno what, forget anyone who has anything negative to say on here tearing you down. Yeah, talking about the girl who posted twice who had nothing but nasty comments to make towards you. She doesn't know you, (neither do I, obv). It really was a simple question and I think people on here forget they are NOT certified nutritionists, and there is no need to get holier than thou when we are all just learning from each other. I get so sick of going on the forums and see some idiot(s) who gets all her information from a google search, or from reading all the drivel on the forums and thinking they are experts talking down to others. And judging someone based on their looks? Wow. Let's see her say that to you in person.

Sorry, end rant!

+1
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    To put this in perspective. I once accidentally ate 2k calories over my daily goal. Yes, it's true. My skills at denial are so strong that I really thought to myself, "How bad could half a loaf of garlic cheese bread possibly be?"

Even with that cheese bread, I would have had to have eaten another 1500 calories+my deficit+maintenance for the rest of the week,etc in order to eat enough calories to gain a lb of fat. Naturally, I held onto some water weight the next day.

*but it was totally worth it.

:bigsmile:
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

*but it was totally worth it.

:bigsmile:

Without question. That cheese bread was dang tasty.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

We don't *all* log :flowerforyou:
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    Options

We don't *all* log :flowerforyou:

i noticed that. I kinda don't get why people are here then. Isn't that the point??? Still... um... you're here for a reason, and it's got something to do with your relationship with food.

i also wanted to say to OP that I have experienced my body losing weight after I let myself go over on cals. I dont' know why, but it's happened.
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know what you are doing for the most part. Don't worry about a stumble and don't try to make up for it. Just move on. Tomorrow is a new day. Glad you now understand about the 3500 cal thing. That should relieve some stress.

Now I need to go to the movies and get some buttered popcorn. I think I deserve a break to. Yumm
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    popcorn isnt that bad for you actually , as long as you dont soak it in butter

This!