I did the ultimate food sin..*gulp* ugh...

Options

Replies

• AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I'm far from an anorexic..or have an eating disorder,i get my eating habits and information from personal trainers,and i like to eat clean and healthy,which i wasn't doing for a LONG time,so i'm here learning just like a bunch of you are...so therefore,how am i anorexic?! so after eating clean for 3 months and being proud,of course i'm going to freak out over movie theatre popcorn that i binged on that was COVERED in butter and salt..i just wanted your guys reassurance is all,obviously i was clueless and needed guidance and direction as to what to do..someone mentioned doing 2hrs of cardio was unnecessary,so i will take their advice and not do that,i don't have a problem,i just want to get to my fitness goals like everyone else..i'm currently a healthy 117lbs and 5'2..far from anorexic

Sounds like your doing everything right, and your height and weight are perfect. We all have bad days and make decisions we wish we hadn't, you didn't make the ultimate food sin although it may seem it after eating clean for so long, just carry on with your normal routine and everything will be fine. Unfortunately posting in forums always results in the positive and negative, just take the good from this post and use it! Good luck!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    guess what I had..yep..POPCORN

Bwaaa haa! I ate a fat brownie with a Reese's Peanut Butter cup in the middle. Pure evil. My daughter's friend came over and they both laughed and cackled rubbing their hands together with glee as they stirred the batter. Totally evil I tell you. The sad thing is this was after eating way too much Parmesan cheese covered chicken. I thought that was my cheat for the week but o no, they outdid me.

Everyone has bad days and that brownie was delicious. I didn't even gain a pound. Doubt the scale moved at all for you either. It's all about what you do consistently. You can't lose weight by eating one good day every now and then and you won't gain weight by having one bad day every now and then. Don't sweat it.
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Seriously? We all have our bad days. Do your regular workout, eat like you normally do and move forward. Not a big deal. Don't beat yourself up over it. You'll be fine!

^ This is my thoughts exactly! So what you ate popcorn at the movies, no need to beat yourself up about it and do 2 hours of cardio. ou'll be just fine! Why go out to the movies if you can't enjoy some movie junk!?? My husband and I went to the movies last month, I had popcorn and....gulp....soda!!! Please do not beat yourself up about this. It's okay to enojoy some junk once in a while!! I'm sure you don't eat like that all the time, so why wouldn't you want to just sit back, relax and have a good time for once?
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

Bwaaa haa! I ate a fat brownie with a Reese's Peanut Butter cup in the middle. Pure evil. My daughter's friend came over and they both laughed and cackled rubbing their hands together with glee as they stirred the batter. Totally evil I tell you. The sad thing is this was after eating way too much Parmesan cheese covered chicken. I thought that was my cheat for the week but o no, they outdid me.

Everyone has bad days and that brownie was delicious. I didn't even gain a pound. Doubt the scale moved at all for you either. It's all about what you do consistently. You can't lose weight by eating one good day every now and then and you won't gain weight by having one bad day every now and then. Don't sweat it.

Oooooh that sounds GOOD!! I see stuff like that on pinterest all the stinkin the time, brownies with candy or a cookie in the middle, I have yet to make any though....mmmm!! LOL
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with having some popcorn once and a while, even movie theatre popcorn. it'll make you retain water like crazy from all the salt, and it certainly isn't low cal, but a treat once and a while won't ruin your diet.

to whoever said it was under 800, you are sadly mistaken, a large from cineplex (the biggest chain here in canada) is just shy of 1200 cal, with no butter topping.
  • purpledelight
    purpledelight Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    pffffftttt. - don't sweat it!
    one night at the movies eating popcorn is not a food sin...
    now if you had eaten a gallon of Ben n Jerry's you might have had my sympathy :)

yer fine - acknowledge and move on.

.....You should have seen my trainers face when I told him I made two rack of ribs!!! HA!!....

You can do this!! Personally I don't think you have to live on lettuce to do so!
  • tripod271
    tripod271 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Surely this is a joke.

^^THIS
  • kajpen
    kajpen Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Like it or not...that is support. I can't see her diary, and I only stated my observation based upon previous forum posts...which I clearly stated in my comment. Just because you are friends with her and you are offended doesn't mean that I am wrong...again...just my personal observation. Visiting a nutritionist to get a proper calorie goal and follow a proper meal plan is GOOD advice
    PLEASE tell me just ONE post i have made that points me in the direction of sounding like an anorexic? I'd LOVE to hear it..or was i sounding like someone that wants to eat clean and healthy?! Everyday i aim to get in over 100g's of protein to keep and gain muscle so i DON'T look like a stick,i do cardio AND strength training..please don't make false accusations unless you know me and what my fitness goals are,and reassuringly its not to look like a stick. Thanks.

Actually, I give myself one free meal a week to eat whatever I want. That said, I do try to keep it within reason, but if you don't give yourself that little bit of leeway it makes it harder to stick with clean eating the rest of the time. Just consider that your free meal/treat for the week and eat clean for the rest of the week. :-)

I wouldn't add any extra cardio into your plans either... if anything you'll probably gain a little water weight from the sodium, but that's it. Increase your water intake and just stay on your normal fitness and eating routine.
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    R u for real? Looking @ ur picture, I'd say go eat some more popcorn!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I apologize for offending you...I was going off memory from a couple where it seemed that way. I withdraw my statement and carry on
  • purpledelight
    purpledelight Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Pop corn is the ultimate food sin?

I am going to hell for what I ate in Las Vegas then. Totally worth it though.

LOL!!!
  • FitBarbie2986
    FitBarbie2986 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Any personal trainer worth their weight would tell you that one day of popcorn while out on a movie date isn't a sin, and doesn't require two hours of cardio. I completely understand the sudden freakout moment after you realize you've downed an entire tub of movie theater popcorn, but hopefully this experience and this thread have helped you better understand how calories in vs. calories out work. One bad day will not ruin your long-term efforts, and as long as you make the next few days count with your fitness goals, you're going to be fine.

I mean really, ask yourself, what kind of life is it if you can't have a tub of popcorn when you go on a movie date?? Occasional indulgences are what keep us smart and sane.

No personal trainer told me to do 2hrs of cardio.My clueless self,didn't know what to do,therefore i made a post,ive learned a lot from the POSITIVE responses i've received on this thread,so therefore i learned its ok to indulge and binge every now and then,and no personal trainer told me 1,200 calories equals a lb of fat,i have no idea where i got that false information,i just always thought that..and to be honest,my thread title was me being sarcasticly dramatic...i feel relieved knowing that i didnt gain 2lbs last night,and look forward to more naughty binges in the future
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Uh wow...i cant believe some of the responses i just received..aren't we ALL on here for the same reason?! a lot of us need help with weight loss and staying fit and have tons of questions..i have as much as a right as anyone else on here to ask them..not to be made fun of...i was asking an honest question,due to false information i was given before..but i don't deserve rude comments..

So, is the pic in your profile and ticker a goal weight, or how you actually look now? Because other than the obvious places that seem to be medically enhanced, I don't really see anywhere you would possibly need to lose fat.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Uh wow...i cant believe some of the responses i just received..aren't we ALL on here for the same reason?! a lot of us need help with weight loss and staying fit and have tons of questions..i have as much as a right as anyone else on here to ask them..not to be made fun of...i was asking an honest question,due to false information i was given before..but i don't deserve rude comments..

So, is the pic in your profile and ticker a goal weight, or how you actually look now? Because other than the obvious places that seem to be medically enhanced, I don't really see anywhere you would possibly need to lose fat.

:yawn:
  • FitBarbie2986
    Options

please read my previous posts in this forum & you'll get your answers.thanks.my ultimate goal is to be in fitness competitions..and to do that u need to gain a lot of muscle and eat VERY clean,so of course i'm gonna feel guilty over popcorn,but i ate it didn't i?! If i had a problem i wouldn't have even considered eating it..like i said previously, all i wanted was reassurance,and i got that,along w/ great advice..and i feel better now..
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    my ultimate goal is to be in fitness competitions..and to do that u need to gain a lot of muscle

you do this by lifting heavy, eating lots of protein, eating AT A SURPLUS, and getting plenty of rest.
    and eat VERY clean

this is not a necessary condition for success.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Popcorn is NO sin.. it doesn't have that many calories.. if you had a large with butter and seasonings it probably wasn't great...but I highly doubt you just ate 3500 calories worth of popcorn. That is a sh*tload of popcorn. You just ate a lot of salt, that is where they weight is coming from. WATER.
  • FitBarbie2986
    Options
    Please try and remember i DID eat earlier that day,breakfast...lunch AND dinner..which i was already at about 1,200cals then i had a medium popcorn with a lot of butter and salt...its not like i ate JUST popcorn that whole day..i've heard popcorn with butter (movie theatre) is an easy 1,300 calories...anyways...i'm done posting in here,got the information i needed,so thanks to all of you who were supportive and pointed me in the right direction :heart:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    my ultimate goal is to be in fitness competitions..and to do that u need to gain a lot of muscle and eat VERY clean

Don't do excessive amounts of cardio like that then. You'll just start burning through valuable muscle tissue when your body runs out of energy stores. It won't be able to metabolize fat as energy for hours at a time. Do some HIIT cardio if you want punishment but keep it down to 30 or 45 minutes.

EDIT: not 2hrs of cardio at a time.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

Oooooh that sounds GOOD!! I see stuff like that on pinterest all the stinkin the time, brownies with candy or a cookie in the middle, I have yet to make any though....mmmm!! LOL

Okay that brownie sounds ridiculous....could eat a whole pan ridiculous lol

For my daughters birthday in April I made a sugar cookie cake....translate: 9 x 13 sugar cookie, icing layer, 9 x 13 sugar cookie, icing layer, 9 x 13 rainbow bit cake, ALL covered in icing and THEN candy melts for decoration. OMG to die for lol