I did the ultimate food sin..*gulp* ugh...

Options

Replies

• graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    All I would say is I hope you enjoyed it at the time... there is no harm in having the occasional treat, especially if working out so much. In fact, it concerns me slightly that in spite of all that exercise, you are only eating 1200 calories a day? That seems way too low to me, unless that is your net and you eat back exercise calories. You could lose weight eating more than that if you are doing cardio and strength training, imo.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    please read my previous posts in this forum & you'll get your answers.thanks.my ultimate goal is to be in fitness competitions..and to do that u need to gain a lot of muscle and eat VERY clean,so of course i'm gonna feel guilty over popcorn
    What do you mean "of course i'm gonna feel guilty"? Why would a person with a healthy relationship to food every feel GUILTY about what they ate? Guilt is a misplaced emotion when it comes to food. To me that is a sign of a problem.

an unhealthy relationship with food....isnt' that how we all got here? If it were healthy, would we be obsessing over it enough to log everything and talk about it all day?
    We don't *all* log :flowerforyou:

i noticed that. I kinda don't get why people are here then. Isn't that the point??? Still... um... you're here for a reason, and it's got something to do with your relationship with food.

i also wanted to say to OP that I have experienced my body losing weight after I let myself go over on cals. I dont' know why, but it's happened.
    I'm here because it keeps me focused on my fitness. Not really sure how that has anything to do with the food I choose to eat....but go on with your sweeping generalizations. I'll be over here eating cheesecake flavored popcorn.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Jeeze. The number of asstastic people on these boards just doesn't cease to amaze or surprise me...

Sandy-I repeat: ignore the aholes. I'm sorry there are so many ahole comments to weed through to get to the good ones...
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Jeeze. The number of asstastic people on these boards just doesn't cease to amaze or surprise me...

Sandy-I repeat: ignore the aholes. I'm sorry there are so many ahole comments to weed through to get to the good ones...

Asstastic? Hmmm...I think my ultimate goal is to be asstastic.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry there are so many ahole comments to weed through to get to the good ones...

But how to tell which are which? umm.gif
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    The ultimate food sin is popcorn? I am so eating some cheesecake tonight!
    LOL! IKR.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know there was an ultimate food sin but I sure wouldn't have thought it was popcorn, even theater popcorn. I mean if I had a food sin it might be something like traditional birthday cake with butter cream icing.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    There was so much that went wrong in that post that I have no idea where to even start.

How about she wants to compete in fitness competitions and thinks the best plan is to do cardio for hours at a time?

Why are all your posts in this thread negative?
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    please read my previous posts in this forum & you'll get your answers.thanks.my ultimate goal is to be in fitness competitions..and to do that u need to gain a lot of muscle and eat VERY clean,so of course i'm gonna feel guilty over popcorn
    What do you mean "of course i'm gonna feel guilty"? Why would a person with a healthy relationship to food every feel GUILTY about what they ate? Guilt is a misplaced emotion when it comes to food. To me that is a sign of a problem.

an unhealthy relationship with food....isnt' that how we all got here? If it were healthy, would we be obsessing over it enough to log everything and talk about it all day?
    We don't *all* log :flowerforyou:

i noticed that. I kinda don't get why people are here then. Isn't that the point??? Still... um... you're here for a reason, and it's got something to do with your relationship with food.

i also wanted to say to OP that I have experienced my body losing weight after I let myself go over on cals. I dont' know why, but it's happened.
    I'm here because it keeps me focused on my fitness. Not really sure how that has anything to do with the food I choose to eat....but go on with your sweeping generalizations. I'll be over here eating cheesecake flavored popcorn.

mmmkay.
    but just curious....
    wasn't this you:

Fri 06/08/12 10:24 PM

QUOTE:

i believe is you stay under your calorie goal it doesnt matter what you eat. i even post fast food when i eat it i use it as motivation

I personally lost 25lbs last year on here doing just that. If you like more food, it helps to eat smarter...but it never hurts to treat yourself now and again. Helps you to keep on track if you ask me...just don't let your cheats become the norm and you're fine.
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Surely this is a joke.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway:
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Surely this is a joke.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway:

i refuse to believe that it's true.
  • Monwilli
    Monwilli Posts: 24
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/606721-after-a-binge-after-a-meal-out-read-this

Skipping all the blah and just responding to the OP. Breeeeathe. Don't stress out over the popcorn.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    As long as you know what you did you can correct it. You just can't get in the habit of "sinning" too often. You can work it off .

Basil
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it the increase is only temporary from sodium, do your normal routine tomorrow and you will be fine :heart:
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Surely this is a joke.

^^^^^ This ..... WTF? Are you kidding me?
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Based on the pic, the name, and the post, I'm just going to ask what everyone else is thinking but won't say...

is this chick for real?

Thank you. I mean the head does not match. I use different pics, but you can see "me" on my profile.
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    The ultimate food sin is popcorn? I am so eating some cheesecake tonight!
    LOL! IKR.

I DID EAT cheesecake tonight. lolololOLOLOL:laugh:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    are you serious???
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    What are you talking about?! It takes 3500 calories to put on a pound... over and above your TDEE, which is definitely over 1200 calories. You're just retaining water and it will be gone in a few days. Just log the calories and keep going.

Whats "TDEE"? i didn't even add the popcorn to my food diary yesterday cause i dont even wanna know how much calories and fat was in it :blushing: thank you though for telling me about the 3500 calorie thing,i didnt know that..so i guess it would be a good thing to just eat real clean today and do 2hrs of cardio :smokin: <---lol

Just remember its 3500 over the amount you burn. Say your body burns 2000 calories without exercise, just to function. You would had to eat 5500 calories in order to gain a lb. And of course there's other stuff in the mix but thats the simple way to put it.
  • JellyButter
    JellyButter Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    How was the movie btw?