ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

Options
Babygirl928
Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
So, my favorite time of year is coming but it is my worst for weight loss. My home life completely changes for football season. Saturdays, clean til noon, then college football. Sundays, I wake up, go to church early, get home and pre game goes on the television. I make wings, and potato skins, chips and finger foods like that through out the day because I RARELY cook on football Sunday's. Monday night, quick, usually unhealthy meal before Monday night football. Yes I am addicted to football. I can cook dinner in the slow cooker, that part is solved. Any ideas, besides a veggie tray, to switch it up a lil at the coffee table during football :smile:

Replies

• scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    This is a very real concern for me too. We eat through football season. Every weekend there is something. And last year I tried to make things like healthy nachos, healthy potato skins, etc... and honestly, it wasn't great. It's hard to control when you are drinking beer all day.

I am going to have to carry a vegetable platter with me every where I go.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I love the way you talk! I too am a football fanatic and CANNOT wait for the season to begin... both college and NFL! I am a Utah Utes fan and a San Diego Charger fan! Love them! My husband tells me I have a sick obsession! lol I live for football! I sport my jerseys and gear year round too! I try hard not to mix football with eating though. It's a bad habit! lol
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I live, eat, sleep, and breathe football!!! Tailgaiting is going to be soooooooo hard this year. I guess there will be a lot of chicken breasts and veggie trays in my future. The beers I just can't give up.
  • Reedern
    Options
    Due to being pregnant thru the football season, drinking beer and mixed drinks will NOT be a problem for me... ugly food cravings however could be disastrous! lmao
  • Babygirl928
    Options
    So nice to see WOMEN respond lol. I can do without beer but not my dreamsicles (diet sunkist and whipped vodka) ...chicken on the bbq is a good idea.....as long as someone else grills cuz i aint missin the game lol
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    This is the greatest time of the year! I try to mix in grilled chicken breast but haven't been able to curb the heavy sauce.....yet:) I also like to smoke a little salmon and have plenty of wild game meat with veggies too.

Go Seahawks!!!!!
  • Babygirl928
    Options
    This is the greatest time of the year! I try to mix in grilled chicken breast but haven't been able to curb the heavy sauce.....yet:) I also like to smoke a little salmon and have plenty of wild game meat with veggies too.

Go Seahawks!!!!!
    DEER NUGGETS!!! awesome idea on the fish too....and GO JETS!!!!! and for college It's all ABOUT THE U!!!!!!! GO CANES!
  • Babygirl928
    Options
    Due to being pregnant thru the football season, drinking beer and mixed drinks will NOT be a problem for me... ugly food cravings however could be disastrous! lmao
    Aww congratualtions!!! and nothing about being pregnant is disastrous lol...crave away just dont gorge....its partly how I got here. I think I thought I was having octuplets lol. best of luck to you
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    errr...anybody a Ruby fan?
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    Oh yea.. Lets' Go Cowboys!!!!!
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    As a member of the marching band for WVU I can say that this problem doesn't plague me! Go Mountaineers!

tumblr_m5x7a9yyla1r07p7ro1_500.gif

And Cowboys!
    dallas-cowboys.png
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    mixed nuts.

i love football too, can i come to you're house? you have scrumptious food.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    So, my favorite time of year is coming but it is my worst for weight loss. My home life completely changes for football season. Saturdays, clean til noon, then college football. Sundays, I wake up, go to church early, get home and pre game goes on the television. I make wings, and potato skins, chips and finger foods like that through out the day because I RARELY cook on football Sunday's. Monday night, quick, usually unhealthy meal before Monday night football. Yes I am addicted to football. I can cook dinner in the slow cooker, that part is solved. Any ideas, besides a veggie tray, to switch it up a lil at the coffee table during football :smile:

Maybe you should line up your priorities in life. Health is more important than football.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Can't Wait!

new-york-jets2.png
  • Reedern
    Options
    Aww congratualtions!!! and nothing about being pregnant is disastrous lol...crave away just dont gorge....its partly how I got here. I think I thought I was having octuplets lol. best of luck to you

Thanks! I did really well with my first pregnancy so I sure hope to do as good with this one. The hard part is trying not to get all worked up when watching the games! Don't want to go into labor early yelling at the TV!
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Make pita's and turkey roll-ups. Leave the feast in the kitchen and not fanned out in front of you all day.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

I :heart: you. Never really met another woman as into football as I am! LOL I'm totally excited the OTAs have started around here!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Just a bit ahead of yourself aren't you? Although I will visit Giants Training Camp this summer like I do every summer in Albany.

I make a point to lift every sunday morning, try to cut back on the junk food and make healther things on my smoker... but the beer is where I fall apart. I can't say no to some new microbrew 6 pack... or two
  • rhonnie66
    rhonnie66 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    HELL DOUBLE YEAH!!!!! Soooooooo ready for the Pittsburgh Steelers to kick *kitten*!!!! Steelers are right in the middle of training camp as we speak!!! (post, i mean!!) :drinker:
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm torn.....always a Giants fan!!! Go Big Blue!!!

But since living down south for a bit, I became a Saints fan too.....lol

Does this make me a traitor? lol