ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

Options

Replies

• 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I love Football! Huge Colts fan here, though I'll have to watch Redskins and Broncos games for Manning and Garcon this year too. Plus Wisconsin Football! My problem isn't so much the food, though.....it is the 2 days of sitting around and watching games all day. I might have to come up with my own football workout routine...like 10 jumping jacks for a first down, 20 for a touchdown/field goal and a 15 minute run during halftime.

That's a really good idea.....

A lot of mascots do pushups for every point scored - you could incorporate that too.

So, you're going to do what, 20-50 pushups once a week? That's not going to reduce all the calories you're consuming. most people will give up and not do them either.
    No there were other suggestions for healthier snacks, meals, etc. Excersize is not only once a week smh it was more a fun thread for FUN ideas and lo cal snacks. No reason to be a negative nelly.. Have a great one :)

Is it possible to ban someone for being anal in the Chit-chat, Fun, and games section?????
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options

Cowboys!
    dallas-cowboys.png
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    There are 2 seasons. Football season. And Waiting For Football Season.
  • workhardplayhard
    workhardplayhard Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Babygirl928 - I love you:smile:
  • lilbrowngirlsj
    lilbrowngirlsj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE football! It's great to see some of the ideas on here, since my football days usually consist of nachos with salsa con queso!

Any Steelers fans out there? I'm from Pittsburgh, so I bleed black and gold!!!!! :)
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options

This

Go Broncos
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Babygirl928 - I love you:smile:
    Awww shucks :blushing: MUAAAAHHHHHZZZZ love you right back :flowerforyou:
  • Babygirl928
    Options
    PREACH IT SISTA!!!!! lol :tongue:
  • Babygirl928
    Options
    I love Football! Huge Colts fan here, though I'll have to watch Redskins and Broncos games for Manning and Garcon this year too. Plus Wisconsin Football! My problem isn't so much the food, though.....it is the 2 days of sitting around and watching games all day. I might have to come up with my own football workout routine...like 10 jumping jacks for a first down, 20 for a touchdown/field goal and a 15 minute run during halftime.

That's a really good idea.....

A lot of mascots do pushups for every point scored - you could incorporate that too.

So, you're going to do what, 20-50 pushups once a week? That's not going to reduce all the calories you're consuming. most people will give up and not do them either.
    No there were other suggestions for healthier snacks, meals, etc. Excersize is not only once a week smh it was more a fun thread for FUN ideas and lo cal snacks. No reason to be a negative nelly.. Have a great one :)

Is it possible to ban someone for being anal in the Chit-chat, Fun, and games section?????
    kill'em with intelligence lmao
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    No tips whatsoever on the food but boy was I happy when they mentioned on the radio that training camp was just over a month away!!! Love my burgundy & gold! My daughter is apparently ready too as she keeps playing Hail to the Redskins on her ipod and wearing her little cheerleading dress.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    PREACH IT SISTA!!!!! lol :tongue:

Oh hell yeah!!!
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    *looks to the right*
    *looks to the left*
    GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for snacks, Low cal buffalo wings: http://lowcaloriecooking.about.com/od/appetizer1/r/buffalowings.htm
    pita chips, hummus, veggies, and MG64

♥NFL♥
  • KBUnleashed
    KBUnleashed Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I cannot not WAIT for football season! My favorite time of year!

Go Broncos!!!! Go Buckeyes!!!!

As for food....

I am going to substitute buffalo meat for hamburger in everything I make (my chili is the best)! Did you know that buffalo has less fat than chicken?
    You can make little mini pizzas using Jiff pizza crust and putting yummy things like spinach on top.
    Hummus and veggies is a great idea!

When we go out to the sports bars, I usually just order a salad and sneak one wing from a friend's plate. I do drink beer but I always drink a glass of water in between each beer (you wouldn't believe how many calories this saves). Finally, I always play poker in the bar (it keeps me from focusing too much on the food during breaks).

More ideas to follow...
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    So, my favorite time of year is coming but it is my worst for weight loss. My home life completely changes for football season. Saturdays, clean til noon, then college football. Sundays, I wake up, go to church early, get home and pre game goes on the television. I make wings, and potato skins, chips and finger foods like that through out the day because I RARELY cook on football Sunday's. Monday night, quick, usually unhealthy meal before Monday night football. Yes I am addicted to football. I can cook dinner in the slow cooker, that part is solved. Any ideas, besides a veggie tray, to switch it up a lil at the coffee table during football :smile:

Maybe you should line up your priorities in life. Health is more important than football.
    You must not be an American! FOOTBALL IS LIFE!
    Go Texans!!!
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    I am so happy to see so many other women that feel the same way I do. I LOVE FOOTBALL!!! I've been doing fantasy football teams for 6 years now and I have to stay up to date with everything, players, coaches, stats positions, injury's, etc.... Sunday's are a religious holiday for me because my family knows that there is no need to try and call me because I am watching football and therefore cannot talk...AT ALL!!!! They have given up at this point to try and get a hold of me during football season, especially on Sundays. The best invention ever was the DirecTV Sunday NFL Ticket. I get to watch ALL the games and I love the one channel that I get to watch 8 games at once...AMAZING!!!!! The only thing that would make me love it even more is if it went to 11 months out of the year (I have to have one month off from the madness.....MADNESS I SAY!!!!)
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I don't have food suggestions but I do like the exercise suggestions that were given earlier! Here's another workout I found that we could do during commercials.
    With all the commercial breaks in today’s NFL games you could get in a pretty good workout. The average NFL or college game now has about 45 to 50 minutes of commercials per game. The average commercial spot is 30sec long so there are anywhere from 90-100 commercials per game. Now here are the average calorie expenditures for 30 sec durations of various exercises you can do at home during each commercial.

30 sec push-ups =5 cal
    30 sec sit-ups/crunches=4 cal
    30 sec Jumping jacks=7 cal
    30 sec body weight squats=4 cal
    30 sec curls with dumbbells=5 cal
    30 sec shoulder press with dumbbells=5 cal
    30 sec body weight lunges=5 cal
    30 dips off chair=5 cal

On average that is about 5 calories per 30 sec commercial. If you were to pick a different exercise per commercial that would come out to 450-500 calories burned per game. So next Saturday or Sunday, turn your football watching into your workout as well.
  • Babygirl928
    Options
    No tips whatsoever on the food but boy was I happy when they mentioned on the radio that training camp was just over a month away!!! Love my burgundy & gold! My daughter is apparently ready too as she keeps playing Hail to the Redskins on her ipod and wearing her little cheerleading dress.
    awwww thats adorable....great job teaching her while shes young lol
  • Babygirl928
    Options
    *looks to the right*
    *looks to the left*
    GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for snacks, Low cal buffalo wings: http://lowcaloriecooking.about.com/od/appetizer1/r/buffalowings.htm
    pita chips, hummus, veggies, and MG64

♥NFL♥
    :drinker: awesome link thank you!!!
  • Babygirl928
    Options
    I cannot not WAIT for football season! My favorite time of year!

Go Broncos!!!! Go Buckeyes!!!!

As for food....

I am going to substitute buffalo meat for hamburger in everything I make (my chili is the best)! Did you know that buffalo has less fat than chicken?
    You can make little mini pizzas using Jiff pizza crust and putting yummy things like spinach on top.
    Hummus and veggies is a great idea!

When we go out to the sports bars, I usually just order a salad and sneak one wing from a friend's plate. I do drink beer but I always drink a glass of water in between each beer (you wouldn't believe how many calories this saves). Finally, I always play poker in the bar (it keeps me from focusing too much on the food during breaks).

More ideas to follow...
    AWESOME ideas...keep'em comming
  • Babygirl928
    Options
    I am so happy to see so many other women that feel the same way I do. I LOVE FOOTBALL!!! I've been doing fantasy football teams for 6 years now and I have to stay up to date with everything, players, coaches, stats positions, injury's, etc.... Sunday's are a religious holiday for me because my family knows that there is no need to try and call me because I am watching football and therefore cannot talk...AT ALL!!!! They have given up at this point to try and get a hold of me during football season, especially on Sundays. The best invention ever was the DirecTV Sunday NFL Ticket. I get to watch ALL the games and I love the one channel that I get to watch 8 games at once...AMAZING!!!!! The only thing that would make me love it even more is if it went to 11 months out of the year (I have to have one month off from the madness.....MADNESS I SAY!!!!)
    I LOVE YOU!!!!! LOL LOVE DTV NFL ticket. Its like football overload lol