ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

Options

Replies

• Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    So, my favorite time of year is coming but it is my worst for weight loss. My home life completely changes for football season. Saturdays, clean til noon, then college football. Sundays, I wake up, go to church early, get home and pre game goes on the television. I make wings, and potato skins, chips and finger foods like that through out the day because I RARELY cook on football Sunday's. Monday night, quick, usually unhealthy meal before Monday night football. Yes I am addicted to football. I can cook dinner in the slow cooker, that part is solved. Any ideas, besides a veggie tray, to switch it up a lil at the coffee table during football :smile:

Maybe you should line up your priorities in life. Health is more important than football.

I guess you didn't realize this was posted in the chit-chat, fun, and games section!
    AMEN!!!! lol :drinker: :drinker:
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    We're college football people... War Eagle!!

We have season tickets and spend most of the day on football Saturdays walking all over campus.. so, I feel like, if I eat a hamburger, or nachos at the game, I'll burn it off with all the walking!
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    We follow the same Sunday schedule! My husband loves to brag to his friends that his wife knows more about football then they do! We usually order a pizza :embarassed: every Sunday during football season, so I would love to hear the healthy ideas too!

<-- Seahawks fan... And WSU grad so by default WSU fan (go cougs!) :)

Don't be ashamed to be a COUG! At least you're not a hukin fusky:)
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    There is no greater time than the start of football season. I love the seasons weather. I don't refer to it as fall. I call it football weather lol.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    oh, P.S.
    GO BROWNS!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for football season!

I am the one who makes the snacks and such, so I have been researching and trying out healthier recipes...and I don't mind eating different foods than everyone else. :-)

GO TEXANS!
  • Babygirl928
    Options
    ALL ABOUT THE U BABY!!!!!

university_of_miami_hurricanes.jpg

And
    jets.jpg
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I love Football! Huge Colts fan here, though I'll have to watch Redskins and Broncos games for Manning and Garcon this year too. Plus Wisconsin Football! My problem isn't so much the food, though.....it is the 2 days of sitting around and watching games all day. I might have to come up with my own football workout routine...like 10 jumping jacks for a first down, 20 for a touchdown/field goal and a 15 minute run during halftime.
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love football season and have three boys who play!!!!! One college the others high school!!! We have games from thurs night, fri night sat morn and sat afternoon!!!!!! We love our boys and their teams!! Ihope too be in my jeans by then! Well mayb even NEW ONES!!!! Size 10 or 8 wouldbbetter!!!

I have wondered how i will stay there, but we will find a way!! Have to! No excuses!! Right?!?!?

Now my football dilemna is do i cheer for the BRONCOS and give up my 10 year love affair with the COLTS or do i try to remaina colts fan?!?!? I am so disappointed in them and loosing my MANNING!!!!:love:
    I know I cant believe they let Manning go. I like the Colts but I have a crush on manning. I say stick with your team (Colts) One person doesn't make the team...or heck go for both...lol

I'm planning to root for both too. But if/when the Colts play the Broncos, I'm going to have to stick with my hometown team.... THE COLTS! :)
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love Football! Huge Colts fan here, though I'll have to watch Redskins and Broncos games for Manning and Garcon this year too. Plus Wisconsin Football! My problem isn't so much the food, though.....it is the 2 days of sitting around and watching games all day. I might have to come up with my own football workout routine...like 10 jumping jacks for a first down, 20 for a touchdown/field goal and a 15 minute run during halftime.

That's a really good idea.....
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    I'm seriously disappointed!!! Where are all the Chiefs Fans????

Chiefs.gif
  • Babygirl928
    Options
    absolutely LOVE this idea!!! LOL that is awesome!
  • MRSCHAZZY
    MRSCHAZZY Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i bake our wings now til very crispy and use a 0 calorie wing sauce. i also bake corn tortillas and puree roasted eggplant w/ some garlic lemon and spinach for dipping. now my hubs looks forward to having this meal just about every sunday during the season.

GO BEARS!!!♥
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    In my house, we get all four seasons; rainy, hot, humid, and FOOTBALL SEASON! :happy:

I tailgate every at home Hurricanes game there is!! Student section FTW!! I think there are only 70 calories in a Patron shot so I'm good! :laugh: Not a Dolphin's fan so I'm stuck watching my teams on TV or until they come play the Dolphins :frown:
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options

And
    jets.jpg

Me and you have the exact same taste in football teams!!!
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Football season demands sports bars and fried food. I love it.

FSU Seminoles all the way!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously disappointed!!! Where are all the Chiefs Fans????

Chiefs.gif

i think it's just you...

not on this site.

anywhere.

;-) - i keed, i keed (Lions fan here)
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    As a member of the marching band for WVU I can say that this problem doesn't plague me! Go Mountaineers!

I have season tickets to WVU, and you guys are tremendous.

Good job.
  • Babygirl928
    Options

And
    jets.jpg

Me and you have the exact same taste in football teams!!!
    I :heart: You!!!! lol
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    College Football is all but dead for now unless they have a Playoff. I hate seeing small schools get screwed over and over.

NFL, I'm a Jets fan. I'll watch the games and read the news every now and then.