ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

Options

Replies

• kramerhaus6
    kramerhaus6 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    THIS TEXAS GIRL LOVES HER SOME FOOTBALL! HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE, PRO!!! ANYTHING PIGSKIN!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE FOOTBALLLLLLL!!! same problems as most with the very bad for you snacking starting friday and lasting thru mondays...:( hopefully this year will make better choices with what goes in between the hollaring at the refs for their terrible calls!!! lol!!

btw.....GO COWBOYS!!!!!!
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    Just a bit ahead of yourself aren't you? Although I will visit Giants Training Camp this summer like I do every summer in Albany.

I make a point to lift every sunday morning, try to cut back on the junk food and make healther things on my smoker... but the beer is where I fall apart. I can't say no to some new microbrew 6 pack... or two

Not if she's talking about Canadian football. Our home opener is tonight. GO BLUE!
  • Michelle81285
    Options
    ~hummus dip

~your own jalapeño poppers...
    take a jalapeño cut it in half remove all the seeds, put light or fat free cream cheese in it and put a small slice of turkey bacon on top and broil until warm!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    This is the greatest time of the year! I try to mix in grilled chicken breast but haven't been able to curb the heavy sauce.....yet:) I also like to smoke a little salmon and have plenty of wild game meat with veggies too.

Go Seahawks!!!!!
    DEER NUGGETS!!! awesome idea on the fish too....and GO JETS!!!!! and for college It's all ABOUT THE U!!!!!!! GO CANES!

Hell no! Go Packers! I work less than a mile from the stadium and walk down there ALL the time! :) Running the Packer 5K next month!!

For us it's typically Brats, baked beans, potato salad, etc. Typical picnic foods.
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    I love football season and have three boys who play!!!!! One college the others high school!!! We have games from thurs night, fri night sat morn and sat afternoon!!!!!! We love our boys and their teams!! Ihope too be in my jeans by then! Well mayb even NEW ONES!!!! Size 10 or 8 wouldbbetter!!!

I have wondered how i will stay there, but we will find a way!! Have to! No excuses!! Right?!?!?

Now my football dilemna is do i cheer for the BRONCOS and give up my 10 year love affair with the COLTS or do i try to remaina colts fan?!?!? I am so disappointed in them and loosing my MANNING!!!!:love:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    My problem is beer. I don't eat meat so I never have a problem with burgers and hot dogs. Tons of veggies and fruit trays and some chips on occasion. I just can't give up good craft beer. I try to stick to one beer per game...and I refuse to drink lite beers...blech. Oh well...may have to cut the beer and just have water this year. Best of luck this season! And Go Cowboys!!!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh thought this was about football, not rugby in silly outfits......:wink:

*runs away from all the Americans*
  • Ashleyann72
    Ashleyann72 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    We follow the same Sunday schedule! My husband loves to brag to his friends that his wife knows more about football then they do! We usually order a pizza :embarassed: every Sunday during football season, so I would love to hear the healthy ideas too!

<-- Seahawks fan... And WSU grad so by default WSU fan (go cougs!) :)
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh thought this was about football, not rugby in silly outfits......:wink:

*runs away from all the Americans*

ha ha ha I have just said the same thing!!
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Football sunday eating can be a challenge! I always took a calorie torching spin class on Sunday mornings so I may indulge a little. You can also find some healthier versions of the foods you like to eat. The Skinny Taste blog has some great ideas like their version of nachos-very yummy.

Go J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    ~hummus dip

~your own jalapeño poppers...
    take a jalapeño cut it in half remove all the seeds, put light or fat free cream cheese in it and put a small slice of turkey bacon on top and broil until warm!

MMM Sounds awesome. Also a cold shrimp tray with or without coctail sauce.

Football seasons not to much of a problem for me I usually only watch the Broncos but this year I'm gonna have to add the Jets so I can see how Tebow is doing.
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    Can't Wait!

new-york-jets2.png

I know, I can't wait for Tim Tebow to finally fall flat on his face and take this pathetic franchise down with him. :laugh:

This city belongs to my boys in blue.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Football is my life. I live and breathe the Patriots. Cannot WAIT until the season starts up this Fall! :drinker:
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Beer. Pizza. Wings. I will *try* to fight the good fight.

E*A*G*L*E*S EAGLES <3
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready! (in my Spongebob voice)
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options
    Yeah, I can't wait to go to another parade. Ya'll are more than welcome to join me.

Giants-rally-to-nip-Pats-in-Super-Bowl-C5UUD7E-x-large.jpg
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can't wait to go to another parade. Ya'll are more than welcome to join me.

Giants-rally-to-nip-Pats-in-Super-Bowl-C5UUD7E-x-large.jpg

hells yes... I was at the last two parades, and can't wait for the next one!

I also coach my little guys teams... nothing like 5 day a week practice in August to get the boys to sleep well at night!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    manchesterUnit.gif
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm not ready. Everytime this year I end up getting involved in a few "Fantasy Football Drafts" and become a bit obsessive. It can occupy much of my time and I'm not looking forward to all the work that goes into it. But hey, it makes watching football much more intersting.

As far as healthy foods for football. Well if you stray from the usual wings and stuff it just won't be the same. But you could try Celery with peanut butter. It's good... I'll try to think of other goodies that you can eat for football season.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    ...cannot wait!

I coach football, have 2 kids playing this year, and one who played through to graduation.

Ironically, you are cooking all the foods we teach the kids not to eat during football season. LOL :wink: But they taste so good!
    We are trying to make them athletes and its working.

Because, after football is wrestling season! Bring it on!