Whats your Dream?

Options

Replies

• _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    I doubt I'll ever pull it off, but it'd be nice if I could start up my own Game Development company.

Other than I'd also like to find a nice girl one day, start a family, raise kids to be good people, and die a happy ol' man. Standard stuff.
  • davecannon
    davecannon Posts: 92
    Options
    I am very much a dreamer. I like your dream of the outer edge of the USA. That sounds amazing! In terms of a weight loss dream, I REALLY want to do iFly. I know it's not as amazing as traveling the USA, but it's something I've always wanted to do, but never could because of my weight. One day.

Indoor skydiving? That looks fun, I have always wanted to do that as well. THe idea of jumping out of a plane isnt the most intriguing to me but inside sounds fun. I love that you are putting yourself out here. Your strength and determination will allow you to achieve your weight loss goals for sure. Then it will follow with any other goals you have.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    to have a "normal body" again! :wink:
  • davecannon
    Options
    Yep, I am a huge dreamer, I have a new crazy plan every day. My husband and I decided to put together a list of these kind of things to tick off over our life time. Some short term, some long term and some are realistic some crazy. Some of mine are:

To project manage the build od a new home or major renovation
    To travel china to UK overland
    To own/manage a country pub
    To always donate a decent percentage of my income to charity
    To qualify for the nationals in powerlifting
    To get back into horse riding
    To become a pig farmer raising free range rare breeds, producing delicious bacon

I LOVE BACON!! You have great goals. Im not even sure I would call them dreams because you can make them all happen. Hard work, determination and general badassery will get you there!
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Omg I have a million! Hahaha

Write a novel, travel the world, walk the Great Wall of China, climb a mountain, experience this, see that, blah blah blah

And it's kinda sad...but in many ways, my biggest dream is to fall tragically in love with the perfect person :blushing: hahaha
    Love is the greatest adventure of all?
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    For my tiny design studio to make it big, so I can sell it, move to the middle of nowhere and open an animal sanctuary.

Basically my dream is to be a weird dog lady.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    My dream is to be a nurse. I put it on the back burner for a looong time. BUT I'm not only 3 semesters away from graduating. I did my pre-reqs in 3 semesters and have one nursing semester under my belt now. Only 3 more to go!

I always had an excuse about time, and money but nothing was changing so *I* changed. I started back to school and started here after my first semester because I could NOT be a fat nurse and tell people to lose weight. So I got off my booty!

So yes I go to school full time with a 5 year old, and a husband and I'm not working. It makes things REALLY REALLY tight but the end is near! My husband is wonderful and even though he has multiple sclerosis he works hard so that I can go to school and then he will be able to work part time when I'm done and not worry so much. If I had just gone back to school sooner it would have been so much easier on him. My only regret is not doing it sooner.

After I'm done with school I'd like to model for fun again (something I did in high school), We are considering other states to live in (which terrifies me but is exciting!) and we want to take a trip to Japan.
  • davecannon
    Options
    To be a writer. I've been writing poetry since I was 13 but never thought I was "good". I would love for one of my poems to make it around the world and influence/change someones life for the better... Yep, that's me, the big dreamer! :blushing:

Thats amazing. I have spent most of my adult life talking to people about how to change theirs and it wasnt until the last year that I started to truly take care of myself. But working with kids with emotional problems I searched for the words every day that would influence them. Though I never wrote them down.

Take on your dream. Write, Submit. eventually something will get published and it will change the way you think and feel. It will motivate you to do more. Life is too short to no do stuff you love. Go after your dream!
  • davecannon
    Options
    My dream was to become an art teacher at a middle school to help influence other progressing artists. but my realization of the attitude of children now a days and the lowering pay for teachers, shut that dream down. I think one day i'd like to teach a small batch of kids.

Though the lowering of pay is a horrible situation, the dream of educating is strong. What about teaching art privately as a self employed person? Is that something you have ever considered?
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    To move out of San Diego, maybe to Washington, or Idaho..or ?? anywhere but here. :ohwell:
  • davecannon
    Options
    my dream was to be financially stabled an be able to vacation anywhere I want and to have a body like rihanna..... :( wishful thinking I know

Not wishful at all. obtainable with a strong heart. My only suggestion is to not hope for a body like someone else, unless you have their body type. be as sexy as you wanna be in your own body. Make it happen. there are people out there that want to help you achieve your dreams.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    To visit everywhere my passport will take me!
    But that's life ambition.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    my dream is to not be dirt poor like my family has been for generations. thank god my mom paid for me to have tutors when i was young, now im the first one in my family to go to college and have a 4.0 my first year. i cant wait to have children and be able to give them what they need all of the time. oh, and to have some luxury. never been on a vacation, never drove in a car that costed more then 3 thousand dollars. never had anything expensive unless i worked my *kitten* off *since i was 15* to pay for it.
  • Speazzy
    Speazzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My dream is to one day be happy with who I am and be able to see what everyone else does.

9526468.png
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My dream?
    To have a normal relationship with food.
    To be happy.
    To live in a warmer climate.
    For my children to be happy, healthy & successful.
  • smurlene
    smurlene Posts: 72
    Options
    My dream is to wear a bikini. I haven't worn one since I was a little girl. I weight 288 pounds right now. So far to go, but I am going to do this!
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm a big time dreamer too. Sometimes I get pretty carried away living in fantasy and/or putting my efforts towards too many goals because of my out-there dreams. Right now I'm actually trying to focus on one big, attainable dream, which is to graduate two years from now with my chemical engineering degree, wearing honors cords, with my husband and children by my side, and feeling fit, healthy, and beautiful. It's a big dream. If I can focus on and attain that... well, I would feel very, very accomplished, and it opens a lot of doors to my bigger, crazier dreams :).
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    To own a bakery that makes much more than cupcakes. Use mostly family recipes and and my own inspirations to it as well. Kind of hard to plan and think of it when i know this wont happen till years and years down the road, once my husband retires from the Air Force.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am a huge dreamer, I have a new crazy plan every day. My husband and I decided to put together a list of these kind of things to tick off over our life time. Some short term, some long term and some are realistic some crazy. Some of mine are:

To project manage the build od a new home or major renovation
    To travel china to UK overland
    To own/manage a country pub
    To always donate a decent percentage of my income to charity
    To qualify for the nationals in powerlifting
    To get back into horse riding
    To become a pig farmer raising free range rare breeds, producing delicious bacon

one of my dreams is to get back into horse riding too...I was in 4H when I was a kid, and I love horses, but got kicked off years ago and have anxiety over it happening again and REALLY hurting myself. I recently bought a groupon towards trail rides, so hopefully that will ease me back into it somewhat. Step 1 :)
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    My dream?
    To have a normal relationship with food.
    To be happy.
    To live in a warmer climate.
    For my children to be happy, healthy & successful.

Amen, sister!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!