Whats your Dream?

Options

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    It hasn't been "put away" but it's on hold for now... traveling & writing a novel.
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Im not a dreamer but 2 years ago i lost 1stone & spent most of that summer holidays Out & About with the kids & I also felt fantastic.......Now ive put that stone back on & a bit more & am dreading the summer hols....

Not sure how much a "stone" is in pounds, but it is possible to lose again. Every day I look at my old "fat" picture and know that I will never go back. I I lost my father just a few weeks ago, he was only 54. Life is too short to not enjoy the hell out of it.
    I am so very, very sorry for your loss! Keep up the great work! My dream is to be sexy and to get looks like "she looks good" instead of ohh "she is fat" lol
  • davecannon
    davecannon Posts: 92
    Options
    - To look like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson!
    - To be a professional artist.
    - To be a tattoo artist.
    - To give my wife the chills when she sees me with my shirt off!!!!

I dont know how to help with the first one! You are on your own!

Are you already an amature artist? Do you need to take classes? WHat will it take to get there?

Giving your wife chills may be possible if you figure out the Rock dream!

Thanks for asking Dave. Regarding #1 & #4, hopefully I am on my way there. I'm trying to eat clean and am killing myself every day in my workouts. I'm down 46 pounds so far since January.

Regarding #2, I guess you could say I am an amateur artist. I love drawing/painting. I have many of my own pieces hanging up in the house and have given many away as gifts. I've never had an art showing or anything. Right now I am trying to build up a collection of pieces (working on them in my spare time). Eventually I would like to have prints made and try to sell them at local art stores, fairs, etc.

As far as the tattoo artist dream, I have kinda chalked that one up as a fantasy. At 41 and with family obligations, quitting my job to do an apprenticeship isn't really an option. And, it takes years to learn. Unfortunately, skill with a pencil/brush does not always translate to skill in tattooing.

Thanks again for asking! I think it is really cool that you didn't just ask what peoples' dreams are. You seem genuinely interested in them! Have a great weekend man.

I sure wish I had artistic ability. I think my stick figures have scoliosis. I just never got any better then coloring in books with crayons. We have an awesome art fair where I live every year, a couple hundred booths of local artists. Its a really neat thing.

Tattooing is in fact a skilled trade. I know how you feel about giving up a job to take an internship.....It just isnt possible in so many cases. Especially when kids are involved.

Hope all goes well for you. Get some camping in or something!
  • davecannon
    Options
    I never dream

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Well you should. What do you want more then anything in life?
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My dream is to finally become that fit person I always knew I was meant to be. My husband and I want to go on our honeymoon in 2014(finally) when he gets back from Korea and I would love to be able to wear a two piece for the first time in my life.
  • davecannon
    Options
    Med School. Putting my big brain towards something good. Never been extremely talented without studying sciences but this I am going to make happen within the next couple years.

Up in the air still, but BFF and I are looking into a week in Mexico after his grad next year. And I'm going to be on that beach. in a bikini. and guys will stare.

Where are you wanting to attending Med school? What specialty? Staring guys is always a good goal. You can get there for sure. Keep up the workouts and eating well and you will rock that bikini!
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    Options
    To be 130 pounds by my 40th Birthday next year. To go to a Sandals Resort for my 20th year Anniversary and last but now least to own a house.
  • davecannon
    Options
    To lose this last 10 damn stinkin pounds.

That is all :smile:

Girl, that is a goal! What do you really want? losing that last ten pounds is just some extra sweat and dedication. What do you dream about?
  • davecannon
    Options
    my dream is to buy a house abroad- I love spain but its not in good place at the moment.

The boyfriend however doesnt share my dream... any of them :S

Get a new boyfriend. Life is too short to not make dreams and memories with those we love. If he cant share your dreams you are settling. Never settle!
  • davecannon
    Options
    dream is to see the phillies win the world series and eagles win the Super Bowl in the same year. (then again, i'll settle for the Eagles winning ANY Super Bowl).... oh, and 6 pack abs. :)

Yea....cant help you there......dream of better teams! looking at your picture, 6 pack abs arent out of reach for you. get it done!
  • davecannon
    Options
    Short term goals:
    I want to go on an overnight trip alone with my husband.
    I want to do 100 consecutive pushups.

Longer term goals:
    I want to get to the rank of (at least) Sandan (3rd degree black belt.)
    I want to be a midwife.

Overnight trip alone....you must also have small kids!!

Both of my kids were delivered by a midwife....she is so awesome. Its an amazing profession to get into. Good luck with that!
  • davecannon
    Options
    To wake up, look in the mirror, scantily clad, and love Who and What I see... It will happen... I just have to be persistent and have faith...

: ))

Sounds like your mans dream as well!! You have a good attitude. Be persistent, have faith!
  • davecannon
    Options
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    simple

Shortterm
    run a 16 mile cross country race
    pass my MSc (need to get off my *kitten* and do it :-) )
    keep my family together
    hit 14 st

long term
    run a marathon
    get down to my ideal weight
    get a PHd
    Keep my family together
  • TheatreDamsel517
    Options
    My dream is to play the role of Archibald Craven in the musical, The Secret Garden. I have more than enough talent to vocally pull it off, and plenty of stage experience to make it wonderful. All I need now, is a body that won't sway the director away from casting me in the role. There is a VERY good chance that this show will be in the 2013-2014 line-up at a local community theatre guild I'm a member of, which gives me at least one more year to get into suitable shape for auditions.

I'll know by October if the show will be in the 2013-2014 line-up. If it gets set back another year, that will just give me extra time to get my body in even better shape!

I'd love to play Martha! Let's do an all MFP cast, yes? :flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • ShiloughCoy
    Options
    To attend my first opera at the San Francisco Opera House in a dress that will make my husband's eyes fall out of his head! LOL
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My dreams?? That is a very loaded question!!! Here is jusst a few;

To finally be body-wise where I go "Damn' I look Hot"
    To be more financially secure
    To find a career that makes me smile inside each day I go to work
    To enjoy my youngest daughter's childhood. I worked 6 days a week during my oldest's and feel I've missed so much
    To still be infatuated with my husband 20, 30, 50 years from now
    To finally take a honeymoon somewhere
    To be an all-around happy, go lucky person
    To make my kids proud of me
    etc....
    I could keep going but..
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    To complete a full Ironman...and I will do it someday!
  • davecannon
    Options
    I really do wish I was into running. I just cant do it. Its boring and it hurts my joints. I do however enjoy mud runs! What do you want your PHD in?
    simple

Shortterm
    run a 16 mile cross country race
    pass my MSc (need to get off my *kitten* and do it :-) )
    keep my family together
    hit 14 st

long term
    run a marathon
    get down to my ideal weight
    get a PHd
    Keep my family together
  • davecannon
    Options
    To attend my first opera at the San Francisco Opera House in a dress that will make my husband's eyes fall out of his head! LOL

I love it! My wife has one of those but I cant get her to wear it. Guess Im going to have to do something big like an Opera!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!