Whats your Dream?

Options

Replies

• davecannon
    davecannon Posts: 92
    Options
    I dream of bacon.

Other than that to learn to sail and just take off for a year in a boat.

Mmmmmmmm........bacon.......

So like a sailboat or like houseboat? Ocean sailing? I would love to spend a year on the water. Lake Roosevelt in a houseboat perhaps. Spending the day catching dinner off the back. That would be nice. Long as there was some space for me to bust out my daily Insanity workout!
  • davecannon
    Options
    to become health, physically fit, and to walk the Camino De Santiago in Spain for my 50th birthday.

Well if you are committed here to getting physically fit then you are half way there. Im not all that worldly......whats in Camino De Santiago?
  • davecannon
    Options
    to have big boobs

haa!! I know a good surgeon!
  • davecannon
    Options
    mine is to finish a 100 miler! my running friends can relate!

Nice!! You like the Super marathons huh? My little sis in law is living in Leadville and training for the big ones. Do you live near there?
  • davecannon
    Options
    To design and build (or help) build me and my husband's dream house on a large acreage, and have a miniature horse ranch (mini horses not mini ranch)

Im working on my dream backyard now. THe house is nice, not anything more then I need but we have a huge backyard that I am trying to turn into a park like setting. Maybe I can get a mini horse from you one of these days.

Wouldnt you only need a mini farm for mini horses?
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    To be a true snowbird flying around on my Harley.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have lots of dreams (all of which I hope to one day make a reality) - To lose all of my excess weight and be the bonified hottie I know is hiding inside this fat person... To quit my day job in Marketing and Design and pursue my career as the fine artist i've trained my whole life to be, showing in galleries all over the world and have the financial freedom to be comfortable and secure; to travel the world with my husband, notably to New Zealand, Australia, all over Europe and Fiji; To own my own bakery and cafe.... I already have the name, logo, menu, restaurant design, recipes and business and marketing plans in my mind.... sigh. I love to dream... it's our lifetimes we have to then make them a reality!
  • davecannon
    Options
    My dream is to get on my bicycle again and ride without passing out!!!
    Also to play baketball with the kids.

Getting to play hard with my kids was one of my biggest motivating factors for me getting healthy. You can do it. It takes hard work and support. I am here to help if ever you need it.

Soon your profile picture will be you riding a wheelie on your bike!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    To be a mom. Have my own children and adopt. I want a family! Be married for a billion years to the man of my dreams and raise our kids together. Watch our kids grown into adults and have children of their own and then spoil the crap out of my grandkids.

The picket fence syndrome! LOL
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    To not worry about my weight holding me back.
    To be in a healthy place when I'm ready to have kids with my husband.
    To travel with my husband -- I've been so fortune and have seen majority of the US and a lot of Europe whereas he's never left the country. I want to share that with him!
    To write a book.
  • davecannon
    Options
    My dreams are to travel the world (not just one place~ there are so many I'm dying to see. If I could at least visit each continent I'll be happy. 2 down so far!), to have a baby, and to own a farm-like property by a stream where I can have lots of animals running around. Almost forgot, I would love to one day get back into the art/fashion field and make a career out of it!!!

What's stopping me from all of the above is money~ but I'm going to find a way to make it all happen! :happy:

Those are wonderful dreams. I want to see a few places overseas but there is so much here that I havent seen yet. I would love to visit every state on my Harley. I have made about half of them so far.

The money is always a stopping point. There are ways around it.
  • davecannon
    Options
    - To look like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson!
    - To be a professional artist.
    - To be a tattoo artist.
    - To give my wife the chills when she sees me with my shirt off!!!!

I dont know how to help with the first one! You are on your own!

Are you already an amature artist? Do you need to take classes? WHat will it take to get there?

Giving your wife chills may be possible if you figure out the Rock dream!
  • davecannon
    Options
    My dream is to have a handful of happy, self-sufficient kids who are well on their way to being happy, self-sufficient adults; and to be healthy myself through it all - I have a 14 month-old so far, and I can tell my weight is going to make being a mom a lot harder - getting up and down off the floor, carrying him for long stretches (I don't have a waist, which means I don't have a good hip for him to sit on), etc. And when he starts really running, that's going to be another challenge. If I can get myself down a few sizes before we start planning for the next one, it'll be an easier pregnancy too. This is going to be a long quest, because I'll go back and forth between being working hard on losing and working hard on gaining at an appropriate rate during pregnancy. On top of all that, I'd like to have family pictures that don't involve my double chin.

WOW! You are a brave woman! I can only handle the two I have. But I hang on tight! I share your dream in the aspect of them growing into healthy self sufficient adults.

It was only a year ago I hated going upstairs to my kids room because it winded me. Never again. now I run up EVERY time and dont get winded.

My second was over 10 pounds and my wife was at a size 12-14. That was last september. With my help she is now a size 4. Smaller then her smallest ever. She is happier then ever and feels great, as do i. I love what I do.

Keep pushing, ask for help and support when you need it and just be bad *kitten*! Let me know if you need anything. Id love to help.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I have always preferred reality to fantasy.
    Every fantasy I ever had just prompted me to take action to fulfill that through motion.
    Some things were a huge let down while other deeds were WONDERFUL!:drinker:
    As for my dream as to what life I want to obtain?
    I am living it!
    A dream with a plan attached becomes a goal, and a person can have just about anything he or she wants.
    Go for it!
  • davecannon
    Options
    I have simple dreams, be able to play basketball with my kid and at the community center, get the weight off which will lead to better health!

Not only will it lead to better health, it will lead to wanting to do more and more. I wanted to not get winded walking up a flight of stairs, now I want to train for a Tough Mudder. Its only been a year. Getya some!
  • davecannon
    Options
    My dream would be to open a business with my husband
    Publish my book
    have both of my children graduate from College with honors
    buy my mother the house of her dreams
    Make a pilgrimage to Mecca

Is your book already written? Have you submitted it anywhere yet?

What type of business would you open?

Your dreams are similar to mine. But i think I want to make my pilgrimage to Guiness!
  • davecannon
    Options
    I don't use the word 'dream' ... I prefer 'goal' :)

I have hundreds and I review them every three months.

One for me at the moment that I don't see happening unless I take massive action is becoming a life coach :)

Life coaching is a great career path if you are good at it. What actions do you need to take to get there?
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    To migrate to Europe & for my long distance relationship with my bf to become successful.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    My dream would be to open a business with my husband
    Publish my book
    have both of my children graduate from College with honors
    buy my mother the house of her dreams
    Make a pilgrimage to Mecca

Is your book already written? Have you submitted it anywhere yet?

What type of business would you open?

Your dreams are similar to mine. But i think I want to make my pilgrimage to Guiness!
    My dream was to find something to do outside the office and away from a set schedule.
    REAL ESTATE!
    That led to business brokerage, success, investments and retirement.
    I am 48 years old.
    Now, all I do is play!:drinker:
  • davecannon
    Options
    For my tiny design studio to make it big, so I can sell it, move to the middle of nowhere and open an animal sanctuary.

Basically my dream is to be a weird dog lady.

Doesnt it just take one great design to make it big? Make that happen! Is it because you have a bigger dream of the animal sanctuary or because you are unhappy with the design studio?

Better weird dog lady then weird cat lady!

Design/Advertising was my career of choice, and I'm fortunate to earn a living doing something I enjoy. However.....at the end of the day all I'm doing is selling people stuff they mostly don't need.

The animal sanctuary is the bigger dream.

Sounds like you have your head on straight then. You seem to know exactly what you want. Make it happen!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!