Whats your Dream?

Options

Replies

• davecannon
    davecannon Posts: 92
    Options
    I don't use the word 'dream' ... I prefer 'goal' :)

I have hundreds and I review them every three months.

One for me at the moment that I don't see happening unless I take massive action is becoming a life coach :)

Life coaching is a great career path if you are good at it. What actions do you need to take to get there?

Few different courses which I plan to do within 12 months or so... the challenge comes in the self employment part :) I want to focus on weightloss clients too :)

Self employment is nothing more then filing a few papers....the rest is just the guts it takes to do it.
  • davecannon
    Options
    Win the Lottery
    Be about 25 again

invent a time machine & I guess I could do both! LOL

Yep, and much more!
  • davecannon
    Options
    My Dream for as long as i have known myself is to finally become a Pathologist...Meet a normal guy (get married)...become a vegan...and spend the rest of my life raising my kids and and enjoying life...sighs

Are you in school to get there? Normal good guys are out there.....usually when you stop looking.

Vegan....I just dont think I can go there. Partially vegetarian maybe........part time! Life is short, go for your dreams and never give up.
  • shimewazaMan
    shimewazaMan Posts: 413
    Options
    - To look like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson!
    - To be a professional artist.
    - To be a tattoo artist.
    - To give my wife the chills when she sees me with my shirt off!!!!

I dont know how to help with the first one! You are on your own!

Are you already an amature artist? Do you need to take classes? WHat will it take to get there?

Giving your wife chills may be possible if you figure out the Rock dream!

Thanks for asking Dave. Regarding #1 & #4, hopefully I am on my way there. I'm trying to eat clean and am killing myself every day in my workouts. I'm down 46 pounds so far since January.

Regarding #2, I guess you could say I am an amateur artist. I love drawing/painting. I have many of my own pieces hanging up in the house and have given many away as gifts. I've never had an art showing or anything. Right now I am trying to build up a collection of pieces (working on them in my spare time). Eventually I would like to have prints made and try to sell them at local art stores, fairs, etc.

As far as the tattoo artist dream, I have kinda chalked that one up as a fantasy. At 41 and with family obligations, quitting my job to do an apprenticeship isn't really an option. And, it takes years to learn. Unfortunately, skill with a pencil/brush does not always translate to skill in tattooing.

Thanks again for asking! I think it is really cool that you didn't just ask what peoples' dreams are. You seem genuinely interested in them! Have a great weekend man.
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I never dream

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Med School. Putting my big brain towards something good. Never been extremely talented without studying sciences but this I am going to make happen within the next couple years.

Up in the air still, but BFF and I are looking into a week in Mexico after his grad next year. And I'm going to be on that beach. in a bikini. and guys will stare.
  • bshelley8
    bshelley8 Posts: 1
    Options
    27 pounds!! That's awesome Congrats!!:smile:
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    To lose this last 10 damn stinkin pounds.

That is all :smile:
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    my dream is to buy a house abroad- I love spain but its not in good place at the moment.

The boyfriend however doesnt share my dream... any of them :S
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    dream is to see the phillies win the world series and eagles win the Super Bowl in the same year. (then again, i'll settle for the Eagles winning ANY Super Bowl).... oh, and 6 pack abs. :)
  • adet983
    adet983 Posts: 138
    Options
    bang 2 chicks at one time
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Short term goals:
    I want to go on an overnight trip alone with my husband.
    I want to do 100 consecutive pushups.

Longer term goals:
    I want to get to the rank of (at least) Sandan (3rd degree black belt.)
    I want to be a midwife.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    To wake up, look in the mirror, scantily clad, and love Who and What I see... It will happen... I just have to be persistent and have faith...

: ))
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I never dream

:sad: :sad: :sad:

start now. name something you want.
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    bang 2 chicks at one time

really? :grumble:
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    To lose this last 10 damn stinkin pounds.

That is all :smile:

You're going to do it!
  • NeedANewFocus
    Options
    My dream is to play the role of Archibald Craven in the musical, The Secret Garden. I have more than enough talent to vocally pull it off, and plenty of stage experience to make it wonderful. All I need now, is a body that won't sway the director away from casting me in the role. There is a VERY good chance that this show will be in the 2013-2014 line-up at a local community theatre guild I'm a member of, which gives me at least one more year to get into suitable shape for auditions.

I'll know by October if the show will be in the 2013-2014 line-up. If it gets set back another year, that will just give me extra time to get my body in even better shape!

that's an awesome goal/dream! I look forward to seeing your show!
  • deaddivya
    deaddivya Posts: 102
    Options
    I'm am much of a dreamer and have a lot of things on my non-existent bucket list (because writing everything down makes it futile to me). :)

I want to see the world, find new places, embrace new cultures, meet people and fall in love with a thousand countries and places. I want to escape from the quiet little town I'm living in and actually start truly living life at its fullest.
    I want to pick the right profession for me and don't wake up in my forties with the bitter realization that I hate my job because I was forced to chose a career in my teens - I would like to do something that inspires me, fascinates me and still doesn't really feels like work to me because it's a new challenge every day.
    I want to learn something new every day, listen to music that affects me, books that influence me, movies that talk to me, sit in the grass and smell the summer, look into the bright sky and think of all the things I want to do in my life, go window-shopping and complain about being broke, listen to the rain pattering on the roof before I fall asleep... basically, enjoying life.
    But most of all, I dream of being completely happy. Happy with my family, my friends, my body, simply with myself. I want to be able to say to myself that I truly am satisfied with the person I'm being.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Me....my dream is to ride around the outside edge (as much as possible) of the United States. All the way around, on my Harley. I figure it will take about three weeks. Its making its way back up on my bucket list.
    That's flippin' awesome!
  • Sylv93
    Sylv93 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this topic, and going to the effort to reply to everyone, it's really nice of you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!