"Plus sized" model??

Options
12346»

Replies

• JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    btw and i this hoping to not step on any toes, but it's kind of sad......because this topic was started to commend the girl in the photo for actually taking such a photo and listen to us scrutinize her..... we;re just as bad as the rest of society who has a certain outlook on how a person "should" look :sick:

I was just thinking that on my way to the gym.:smooched:
    great minds think alike.....:smooched: .....i know one thing.....if anyone criticized me like that esp after having kids.....i'd prob cry and then eat a whole fudge platter to my face :laugh: ok maybe excluding the fudge platter part, but i deff would feel horrible about myself and we're here to encourage eachother to love our bodies

That's the problem with beauty. It's in the eye of the beholder and cannot be quantitfied so there will always be disagreements. She's too soft. Jillian Michaels is too bulk. No one will ever agree.:grumble:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    btw and i this hoping to not step on any toes, but it's kind of sad......because this topic was started to commend the girl in the photo for actually taking such a photo and listen to us scrutinize her..... we;re just as bad as the rest of society who has a certain outlook on how a person "should" look :sick:

I was just thinking that on my way to the gym.:smooched:
    great minds think alike.....:smooched: .....i know one thing.....if anyone criticized me like that esp after having kids.....i'd prob cry and then eat a whole fudge platter to my face :laugh: ok maybe excluding the fudge platter part, but i deff would feel horrible about myself and we're here to encourage eachother to love our bodies

That's the problem with beauty. It's in the eye of the beholder and cannot be quantitfied so there will always be disagreements. She's too soft. Jillian Michaels is too bulk. No one will ever agree.:grumble:
    well aside from megan fox who is a knockout! lmaooo......the only thing the tabloids could find wrong with her was her index toe lmaooooo....i guess it was a little long wtf?! :laugh: :laugh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

well aside from megan fox who is a knockout! lmaooo......the only thing the tabloids could find wrong with her was her index toe lmaooooo....i guess it was a little long wtf?! :laugh: :laugh:
    I've even heard people say she isn't very pretty.:ohwell:
  • hasiangirl
    Options

I've even heard people say she isn't very pretty.:ohwell:
    what?!?!?!......*wonders what thisworld is coming to* some people i think are just jealous lol....... but ure very right about beauty is in the eye of the beholder......That reminds me lol my ex used to tell me that all the time if i ever said i look fat.....and he'd say "you look perfect to me, beauty is in the eye of the beholder." *sighs* now im with a guy who tells me i look fat lmao :laugh: i think i downgraded lol but i know he means it all in good fun and what not......:grumble: Next time imma kick him where it counts tho :laugh: :laugh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    what?!?!?!......*wonders what thisworld is coming to* some people i think are just jealous lol....... but ure very right about beauty is in the eye of the beholder......That reminds me lol my ex used to tell me that all the time if i ever said i look fat.....and he'd say "you look perfect to me, beauty is in the eye of the beholder." *sighs* now im with a guy who tells me i look fat lmao :laugh: i think i downgraded lol but i know he means it all in good fun and what not......:grumble: Next time imma kick him where it counts tho :laugh: :laugh:
    Send him to me. I'll beat him up. :flowerforyou:

My ex used to give me really subtle insults. We were seperate months before I figured it all out. My bf thinks I'm the best gf ever and always tells me how beautiful I am.:love:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    Send him to me. I'll beat him up. :flowerforyou:

My ex used to give me really subtle insults. We were seperate months before I figured it all out. My bf thinks I'm the best gf ever and always tells me how beautiful I am.:love:
    thats awesome hun!! u deserve someone who's going to treat u right:flowerforyou:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    it honestly weirds me out when my bf has seen me at 110 pounds and still thinks im amazingly hot at almost 160. I have a hard time with compliments tho lol
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    thats awesome hun!! u deserve someone who's going to treat u right:flowerforyou:

So do you!
  • TankLily
    TankLily Posts: 34
    Options
    Ok thought of a good way to put this.

i don't like her because I don't think she is healthy. Regardless of the pose, I think she looks fat and weak. If this is the answer to Twiggy, I say it's a cop out.

And ya it maybe "normal" but it's far from inspirational.
    Models weather we like it or not like everyone in the public eye are role-models. Especially to young girls... Doesn't sending the message of, "fat and weak is good enough." just as negative as saying "too thin and weak is good?"

It might be comforting to the ego to say, "this woman is perfact." but it's a lie... That woman is likely obese.

There are women who wear size 14-16 sized pants who don't look so out of shape and who Arn't body builders. Why don't they pick someone who truely IS healthy at that size then chunking up a woman who is too small?