Do you "check in" when your weight goes up?

Options

Replies

• NatashaAlexandra
    NatashaAlexandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I only check in when I know it's a stable weight... for example I've went down another pound today but I'm not logging it for another few days incase it goes back up again - my weight changes so frequently I don't want to be excited about losing another pound if its just temporary!!!
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    :smile: I weigh myself once a week and the number goes in no matter what it is
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses......good to know I'm not alone.

For those who said they record gains as well as losses, because they don't want to "lie" to themselves, I guess I don't see it that way. I KNOW I've gained, I am being honest with ME..........I just don't have to tell the world that, imho.

It's much more motivating to me to see that I've lost 23 lbs, and if I go up a lb or two, I just keep working to get BACK DOWN to that...........and sooner or later, the scale will move again, and it'll be even less than 23 :blushing: :blushing:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, my friends. YOU are awesome! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm a little confused. You have a ticker to show everyone how much you have lost. You want everyone to see that but at the same time say you are being honest with yourself even though you don't record your gains on here for everyone to see, so in essence it isn't about you being truthful to everyone but just yourself??? Why not record it for everyone? It's part of your weight loss journey? You are in here for encouragement right? How can people encourage you if you aren't honest with them? I'm just curious.

I log once a week whether it is a gain or loss. To be honest with myself and my friends, that way even if I am eating right and working my butt off they can give insight as to what I'm doing wrong.....

Why do I have to be honest to everyone here?

Nope.....don't have to do that...............ONLY to me.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I appreciate it, but I HAVE lost 23 lbs. I just happen to gain one or two back from time to time...........my friends, on my news feed, know EVERYTHING about my ups and downs. The whole website doesn't need to know.

Carry on, young lady..................
  • wfleming729
    wfleming729 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I log my weight once a week... up or down. But that's just me! :smile: You need to do what works for you and helps you stay the course! :flowerforyou:

i do this too
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses......good to know I'm not alone.

For those who said they record gains as well as losses, because they don't want to "lie" to themselves, I guess I don't see it that way. I KNOW I've gained, I am being honest with ME..........I just don't have to tell the world that, imho.

It's much more motivating to me to see that I've lost 23 lbs, and if I go up a lb or two, I just keep working to get BACK DOWN to that...........and sooner or later, the scale will move again, and it'll be even less than 23 :blushing: :blushing:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, my friends. YOU are awesome! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm a little confused. You have a ticker to show everyone how much you have lost. You want everyone to see that but at the same time say you are being honest with yourself even though you don't record your gains on here for everyone to see, so in essence it isn't about you being truthful to everyone but just yourself??? Why not record it for everyone? It's part of your weight loss journey? You are in here for encouragement right? How can people encourage you if you aren't honest with them? I'm just curious.

I log once a week whether it is a gain or loss. To be honest with myself and my friends, that way even if I am eating right and working my butt off they can give insight as to what I'm doing wrong.....

Why do I have to be honest to everyone here?

Nope.....don't have to do that...............ONLY to me.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I appreciate it, but I HAVE lost 23 lbs. I just happen to gain one or two back from time to time...........my friends, on my news feed, know EVERYTHING about my ups and downs. The whole website doesn't need to know.

Carry on, young lady..................

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • yarwy
    yarwy Posts: 43
    Options
    Of course!! How else are you gonna be true to self?? That's what this journey is all about!! Making YOURSELF aware of the changes...Forget about what others would think!! This is MY JOURNEY!!! Good luck!!
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Just losses
  • tinacc1
    tinacc1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in on Tuesday. I log whether I'm up or down. If I'm not accountable to myself, then there's really no reason to be here.
    I don't log any losses that I see through the week either. Only Tuesdays. Works for me...for now! :)
  • boys4girls1
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. I log it in no matter what. It is your weight, and I am not going to cheat. Also I got bummed when it took the weight loss ticker down to 0 again, but that just motivates me to do better again. It is about being honest with yourself.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I check in every Friday and I log my weight - whether it is a gain or a loss.
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Fluctuations don't mean that much. They are water or inflamation.
    Only the losses, sometimes the sames.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yes!

Whenever I weigh in (which is about every 2-3 weeks), I record my weight. No matter if I gain or lose.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    does everyone measure?
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I check in either way. Lying to myself only makes the problem worse.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I personally do. A gain is not shown on your timeline. But really, I think we need to track not only losses but gains as well. How else can we really see what's going on and how else can we look back and see what happened and perhaps why? If you don't want to track it here, at least track it on your ipad or ipod or a piece of paper.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Nah, I dont log it, but I do write it down in the notes section and save it... I only want to see that red number go DOOOWWWWWNNNN
  • CALABRESE3
    CALABRESE3 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily to stay on course, I do record it to learn from the fluctuations.

I never do but this statement makes so much sense that I think I will try it!!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    :smile: I weigh myself once a week and the number goes in no matter what it is

ditto
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    My weight bounces back and forth because of my current physical condition (sedentary, recovering from an injury) and my eating habits. I update my weight on MFP and Fitbit every time I weight myself, which is usually several times a week.

This is a process. You have to get into the habit of doing it whether the news is good or bad. You are keeping records to help yourself. If you're going to go to this much trouble you should try to make them reasonably accurate.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Sure! Especially when I've started the whole "I'm gonna do it THIS time!" for the umpteenth time and my weight has gone up since I last logged in. Might as well be honest!