Today I Burnt ______ Calories Doing _____!

Options
Okay guys, fill in the blanks!!

Today I burnt 772 calories doing the stairstepper,elliptical, bike, and treadmill for 60 minutes; yoga for 20 minutes; and calisthenics (pushups, situps) for 20 minutes.

Let's all brag about how hard we work! :drinker:

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Okay guys, fill in the blanks!!

Today I burnt 772 calories doing the stairstepper,elliptical, bike, and treadmill for 60 minutes; yoga for 20 minutes; and calisthenics (pushups, situps) for 20 minutes.

Let's all brag about how hard we work! :drinker:
  • mystery7707
    mystery7707 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! Makes my effort seem a little, well, less! I burned 252 calories doing 18 minutes of Turbo Jam.... first time I've tried it.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Your effort isn't any less if you're giving 100%! We are all at different places in our training. My prof said this, and I thought it was pretty cool:

"It's your ATTITUDE, not your APTITUDE, that determines your ALTITUDE." :wink:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Today I burned 600 calories doing 50 minutes on the elliptical, random setting, level 17.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    According to my elliptical, I burnt 460 cals today, on for 50 minutes on Peak setting. Can't wait to find out how accurate my machine is when my HRM arrives.
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt 680 calories doing 60 minutes of intervals on the elliptical. :smile:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I had today off work so I went hiking for 3 hours this morning, went to the Columbia River Gorge, where it's so beautiful and climbed up towards Mt. Hood, total of 7.2 miles round trip and burned a total of 1347 calories.
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I burnt 517 calories. 4 miles running, 10 min on the treadclimber. I usually dont count walking or weightlifting :)
  • bighenry111
    Options
    I missed my morning work out, but i'll do about 50 minutes on the treadmill at a level of no less than 7% and speed of no less than 3.4 mph and should burn about 825 calories. And also strength training legs tonight for about 400-500 claories. Then back in the am for my normal routine and back for cardio at night.

Me
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    531 cals which mostly consisted of 24 minutes of fast jump rope.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I had today off work so I went hiking for 3 hours this morning, went to the Columbia River Gorge, where it's so beautiful and climbed up towards Mt. Hood, total of 7.2 miles round trip and burned a total of 1347 calories.

Wow! That sounds like so much fun! I haven't been hiking since Halloween...my friends and I went for a night-hike, very treacherous:glasses: You can eat a ton today hehe :)
  • Cherylann402
    Options
    How do you guys figure how many calories you burn? I work out every day for at least an hour, and I don't think I am burning nearly that many calories!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    How do you guys figure how many calories you burn? I work out every day for at least an hour, and I don't think I am burning nearly that many calories!

Different ways...I have a HR/calorie monitor watch with telemetry strap. Most machines will take your weight and age and HR and calculate what you've burned. Most importantly, you should input your exercise into MFP so it'll correctly adjust your calorie intake and it also tells you what you've burned.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Haven't finished today, but yesterday I did 25 minutes weights, 50 minutes elliptical, and 10 minutes of stretching/yoga for 650 or so calories.
  • Cherylann402
    Options

Different ways...I have a HR/calorie monitor watch with telemetry strap. Most machines will take your weight and age and HR and calculate what you've burned. Most importantly, you should input your exercise into MFP so it'll correctly adjust your calorie intake and it also tells you what you've burned.

Where do you find one of those watches? Also, I input my exercise, but MFP doesn't tell how many calories you burn, you have to input the numbers. Maybe I'm doing it wrong! For instance, if I walk 4 mph for an hour, I'm not sure how many calories that would burn! I don't work out on machines, I don't belong to a gym, and the only home equipment I have is a treadmill. I do a lot of yoga, pilates, weight lifting, etc., and I'm not sure how to record the calories burned.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

Where do you find one of those watches? Also, I input my exercise, but MFP doesn't tell how many calories you burn, you have to input the numbers. Maybe I'm doing it wrong! For instance, if I walk 4 mph for an hour, I'm not sure how many calories that would burn! I don't work out on machines, I don't belong to a gym, and the only home equipment I have is a treadmill. I do a lot of yoga, pilates, weight lifting, etc., and I'm not sure how to record the calories burned.

Mine is from the Polar website. For me, MFP puts in numbers. I log everything under cardiovascular exercise..for instance, I searched for Yoga, put my time as 20 minutes, and 51 cals popped up. But I actually burnt 61, so I changed it by just clicking in the box and typing it in.

You could also try caloriesperhour.com, they have an activity calculator.
  • Cherylann402
    Options

Mine is from the Polar website. For me, MFP puts in numbers. I log everything under cardiovascular exercise..for instance, I searched for Yoga, put my time as 20 minutes, and 51 cals popped up. But I actually burnt 61, so I changed it by just clicking in the box and typing it in.

You could also try caloriesperhour.com, they have an activity calculator.

Thanks! I'll try that website!
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I burned 471 calories running 3.5 miles and I will burn approximately 105 (conservative estimate!) in a band rehearsal tonight.
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options

Lucky! I love it there! I have family that live right across the river in Carson, WA. I also have a friend who lives in Portland and I went to see her last May. We hiked Multnomah Falls! Sooo beautiful up there! I wanna go back!

:heart: Kels
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Today I burned 621 calories from taking my dog on a 20 minute bike ride, 60 minutes of yoga, and 20 minutes of dancing with my cardio dance dvd :happy: I still have to get my mile jogging in so that'll burn another 180ish or so. It's been a good day :smile:

:heart: Kels