Today I Burnt ______ Calories Doing _____!

Options

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I burnt 440 calories in spinning.
    and 96 walking there and back.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt 734 calories doing 20 minutes of intervals on the elliptical, 20 minutes of steady state on the elliptical, 10 minutes steady state on the bike, and 10 minutes on the treadmill. Also did 6 sets of ab work.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt 450 calories doing 30 minutes on the elliptical, it's Sunday...suppose to be my rest day, but I felt like working out!!! Never thought that would happen!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt 1100 calories doing 5 hours of snowboarding in 12" fresh powder!! What a great day. If exercise was that much fun all the time I would have to quit my job:tongue: The perfect end to my week, and I got to eat a big fat burrito with a beer afterwards (and calories remaining)!:drinker:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Today I burned 400 calories walking for 60 minutes. I also spent about 3 hours cleaning the house but didn't add the calories.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Today I burned 671 calories during a 5 mile run!

And that's the farthest I've run in over 2 years, so I'm very happy!
    :smile:

Great work Melathon!!

No "official" exercise for me today. Just around the house-work.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt 378 calories doing 50 minutes of jogging in place.
    Only way to ease these darn cramps.
    Turbo Jam would have me on the floor right now.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt 632 calories doing 45 minutes on the elliptical!!! Didn't want to do it, but it felt good afterwards!!!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I burnt 509 calories swimming!! Yippee!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Can I use the four hours of shopping for clothes and groceries? I never sat down...Criminy - I was in heels. I should get a gold star or something.

I'm taking 307 (an average of three different sites.)
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt 615 calories running 3.5 miles and swimming for 20 minutes.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I burnt 477 cal doing 50 minutes on my elliptical (wore my HRM and my elliptical was only off by 17 cal).
    It's snowing again :angry:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Today I burnt 907 cals doing 20 min yoga in the AM, 80 minutes lifting in the afternoon, and 40 min stairstepper/elliptical and 20 min abs at night. Whew! Long day. I just didn't have time to do it all at once lol :smile:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Today I burnt approximately 1000 calories: Elliptical 25 minutes, vigorous biking for 25 minutes, circuit training for 60 minutes.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I burnt 300 calories walking at a brisk pace. It was a beautiful day here.
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    Options
    Today I burnt 907 cals doing 20 min yoga in the AM, 80 minutes lifting in the afternoon, and 40 min stairstepper/elliptical and 20 min abs at night. Whew! Long day. I just didn't have time to do it all at once lol :smile:

How did u burn 907 cals??? for 1 hour of yoga it says i burn 124 cals.. and for 30 mins on the eliprical it says i burn 280....
    :ohwell:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    read the whole thing Fuzz, and "80 minutes of lifting". And she's not kidding, trust me.

oh, and today I burned 124 calories in 30 minutes of Power Yoga
    189 calories in an hour of leisurely walking
    and 95 little calories in 20 minutes of dancing.

(light day today:wink: )
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

How did u burn 907 cals??? for 1 hour of yoga it says i burn 124 cals.. and for 30 mins on the eliprical it says i burn 280....
    :ohwell:

The yoga burnt only 65 cals; my HR was about 50% and it was just to wake up.
    The lifting burnt about 400...I do powerlifting for the first half hour, then I superset triceps and shoulders for the next 50 minutes, 3 sets of 10 with 60-90 second rests...my HR stays up around 70% the whole time.
    I did 15 minutes HIIT (high intensity interval training) on the stairstepper, keeping my HR around 83%.
    Then for 25 minutes I kept my HR at 75% on the elliptical for steady state.
    Then abs was pretty short but highly calisthenic so it kept my HR 65-70%.
    The cardio/abs burnt 500.

And that's how I burn 907 cals...go until I can't anymore! :laugh:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how many calories I burned today....but I did "bootcamp" at my gym thats taught by football coaches...
    it was intense- something I wasn't quite expecting (i don't know why the term "bootcamp" didn't give me a clue)
    but an hour of cardio and isometric strength training isn't bad for a tuesday evening.
  • ashleyjea1985
    Options
    I burnt 700 Doing 45 minutes of taebo:happy:
    WOW I didn't know Tae bo allowed you to lose that much! I'm going to look into that.. Is that with that Bill Blanks character?