PEOPLE...EAT!!!

Options

Replies

• fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    We're different in that we're not all men and no, we can't all eat 1800-2300/day and lose.

I'm a woman and I eat 1800 calories per day and lose.
  • Hadassk
    Hadassk Posts: 63
    Options
    bump
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    First, don't ask your doctor anything. Doctors know about as much about nutrition as a 3-year-old. They are idiots.

You learned this in medical school, then?

Hah I don't think they are idiots, but I have heard that sometimes they aren't even required to take a nutrition class while in medical school. It's really not their specialty... it's about the same as asking a dentist about your nutrition. Doctors are often smart people, but they don't always know everything related to health either.
  • smilingselena
    smilingselena Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    their is people on here too who have had weight loss surgery and cannot consume large quantitys of food, depending on the stage they are at they may only be taking in600-900 calories a day
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    On average I eat 1100 calories a day and I exercise 30-40 minutes a day. I have more energy than I have had in years and I have lost 21 pounds. I have tried eating 1300 and even 1400 cals in a day and this caused me to have severe stomach pain. So I only eat when I am hungry. Maybe it is because I had surgery on my stomach when I was an infant, I don't know. I get really tired of people like yourself bashing people who eat low calories. I mean sheesh. What works for one person doesn't always work for another. Also keep in mind some people are short like myself and don't need as many calories. I am only 5'1".
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    We're different in that we're not all men and no, we can't all eat 1800-2300/day and lose.

Same here
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I did. Late last night I realized I was hungry. I ate peanuts.

Now the one thing I think I'm suffering from more right now is dehydration from this diet change and starting up exercise again. So how about we add, PEOPLE...DRINK (WATER)!!! to this thread.
  • ashleycoleman
    Options
    I just had my weigh in with my doctor about 30 minutes ago. I lost 7 pounds but also lost muscle mass. That is NOT good. I have been exercising alot and eating less than 1200 calories. I was told today that I need to EAT MORE TO LOSE MORE! Yes, you will lose weight by not eating enough...but you will also lose muscle mass (& a multitude of other problems could arise). You don't want that! Everyone IS different but the concept is the same for everyone. Think smart...being healthy is much more important than just being thin!
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    2ik8xa1.jpg

me loves!
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're on a roll today. It's probably easier for you to hit higher calories, eating out twice a day. I, however, follow a menu given to my by my dietitican (who told me to stay around 1200 calories). What does she know. She only went to college to study like...food..and nutrition...and stuff.
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    You like to post about how people eat and exercise don't you?

Anyways, everyone is different. And the way you're saying it is that everyone needs to eat x amount and exercise x amount and then eat x back. I mean, I'll live my life, you live yours. Okay? Okay.
  • KatKatatrophic
    Options

Same here

People don't listen...we can't quote ALL unquote eat 1800/2300 and lose. Congrats that you girls can. But I can't. The first commenter can't.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Same here

People don't listen...we can't quote ALL unquote eat 1800/2300 and lose. Congrats that you girls can. But I can't. The first commenter can't.
    You look about 16. Of course you could if you stop buggering around trying to restrict more and more to lose weight.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    It's all fun and games until you break a leg. Eating a net of 800 calories a day and exercising is okay for the short term, but I wouldn't do this for too long. Climbing, walking, exercising, taking care of the kids, and all that other fun stuff takes a considerable amount of nutrients, and eating only a net of 800 calories a day means your body is stealing these nutrients from organs, muscles, and even your bones. The minimal amount of calories a person should consume is 1,200; however, if this person burns an additional 800 calories in the gym, then that person's net is like 400 calories. It's important to learn how to eat those calories back, because your bones and organs and overall health depends on it. Remember, we're in this to win this.
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump for later reading
  • court211006
    Options
    The fact is if you want to lose weight you have to eat exactly 1437 calories a day and do 34.6 minutes of cardio. Any more or less will not work at all, and you will turn into a giant slug. Also, for advanced weight loss you must dress as a nun and hum the theme to S.W.A.T. at least 3 hours a week.

oh damn! this is where i've been going wrong, i've only hummed for 2.5 hours. daaaymm, better get on that!

haha yours is the best reply ever!
  • iremmy
    iremmy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're on a roll today. It's probably easier for you to hit higher calories, eating out twice a day. I, however, follow a menu given to my by my dietitican (who told me to stay around 1200 calories). What does she know. She only went to college to study like...food..and nutrition...and stuff.

love this post.
  • KatKatatrophic
    Options

Same here

You look about 16. Of course you could if you stop buggering around trying to restrict more and more to lose weight.

Um, I'm 19. And I have an ED I'm trying to recover from, thank you very much.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM