PEOPLE...EAT!!!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    It looks like a lot fewer of those Biggest Losers regained than the 95% of people in the general population who regain it.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat more than 1100 calories or so in a day...however, I attribute that to my low calorie choices....I definitely eat A LOT of food, and have been consistently losing at my desired rate. I also almost always meet or exceed my other recommended nutritional values.

Sanme here- some days its as low as 800 cals. I'm not hungry and not tired and have enough eneregy to do exercise. I don't eat any grains-I substitute them for veg, so this is the reason I think my calorie intake is low. I have no intention of increasing it or adding grains back into my diet though.
  • Weight_less
    Weight_less Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I agree with the first post. I lost 72 pounds eating a lot of food, eating whatever I want and when I want. And now I eat EVEN more! :flowerforyou: I don't starve, I feel amazing and I'm sure I will reach my goal. So people, please EAT! :drinker:
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    How come the heavier eaters are encouraging the lighter eaters to eat more but not vice versa? We're adults and we're fine with a choice so personal as our own calorie intake.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • shelleybelly35
    shelleybelly35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what the problem is with restricted calories. If you eat fresh fruits and vegetables and lean protein, you can eat a ton of food for 1200-1400 calories. If you eat snack chips and junk food, you will barely eat at all. Research has also proven that restricted calories and exercise together reduces the risk for cardiovascular disease. In fact, there is something in restricting your calories that is actually beneficial. This was proven during the 1950s study on the island of Crete. I guess I am at a loss because I eat so much food on 1200-1400, and I don't feel like it is restrictive at all.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    You lose some lean body mass but it's unavoidable with weight loss and you can build it back.

It is avoidable!! I lost my 32kg slowly over 2 & 1/4 years eating at a small deficit, lifting heavy & vigorous exercise. I didnt lose any muscle. I was able to maintain my muscle.

If however you eat at a large defecit then true yes you will lose both fat and muscle!