Whats YOUR ideal breakfast?

Options

Replies

• kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    As a Southerner, I would say Grits, pepper bacon ( not much), sausage, eggs, biscuit and gravy... Lots of calories but lots of energy too... I like to load in early... HOWEVER, this is RARE... Reality sits in and my usual breakfast (at least now I have one) is a protein bar in the morning. It keeps me from getting hungry during the morning and can be eaten on the run. It works for me.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I love to mix it up. Sometimes I just have a banana and wait until mid morning snack to have an omlette with cheese and spinach.
    I love grilled avocado on corn thins and a poached egg or two. I also love peanut butter and jam on corn thins with a banana, or toasted pita bread with grilled tomatoes, avocado and poached/scrambled eggs, and bacon if I can afford it. I wish I like porridge but I can't get past the texture. Oh and pancakes!!! With whatever is in the cupboard.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I change up between french toast with baked beans and banana and oatmeal with pb :)
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    A big bowl of nothing...and some coffee.
  • xoxobollywood1991
    Options
    There are plenty!!!! I have sooooo many favorites. but few of them are;

- scrambled eggs w/cottage cheese and veggies!
    - toasted bread with peanutbutter & jelly or slices of banana!
    - Yoplait greek yogurt.
    - Oatmeal w/ mixed berries.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My favorite is sweet potato oatmeal breakfast casserole. It is freakin delicious. But i'm lazy and wake up too late to make it, so i don't have it often.

So i usually have eggs, sunny side up or an omelette

Or greek yogurt with fruit
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    11am. 1 cup Whole wheat cheerios & 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk.
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Ideal in terms of desire?

French Toast with Hot Chocolate and some Buttered Toast. Add in some Blueberry Pancakes and Bacon.

In terms of Nutrition?

I usually go with some Scrambled Eggs with Un-buttered Toast. On the side is a plate of oatmeal with some berries (black, blue, or rasp)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Ideal in terms of desire?

French Toast with Hot Chocolate and some Buttered Toast. Add in some Blueberry Pancakes and Bacon.

In terms of Nutrition?

I usually go with some Scrambled Eggs with Un-buttered Toast. On the side is a plate of oatmeal with some berries (black, blue, or rasp)

What's the problem with french toast? Bread with milk and egg.. don't see how that's unhealthy
  • jojeh2011
    jojeh2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    LOVE this topic, as breakfast is my FAVORITE meal of the day!! I wake up literally excited for some nutritious filling grub :) i can't even imagine that there was a time when I did not eat breakfast EVER...

anywho, i have two faves:

1) blueberry lemonade smoothie
    This is a pretty light breakfast as it ~185 cal for a 10 oz serving. I throw in two ice cube, 1/3 cup of lemonade, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup nonfat unsweetened GREEK yogurt, and 1/2 banana. then blend that sucker up! soooo delicious.

2) pumpkin spice oatmeal
    This is a more filling breakfast at ~320 cal for ~12 oz serving. I add boiling water to 3/4 cups uncooked oatmeal. stir, then heat in the microwave for ~45 seconds. add 1 tsp of pumpkin spice coffee creamer (secret ingredient!) and 1 tsp brown sugar. stir. top with 1/2 sliced banana.

enjoyyyyyy :)
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    What's the problem with french toast? Bread with milk and egg.. don't see how that's unhealthy

Nothing is wrong with it. I can eat A LOT of food so when I eat French Toast I eat around 6 slices minimum. That's MY problem with it.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    My favorite is sweet potato oatmeal breakfast casserole. It is freakin delicious. But i'm lazy and wake up too late to make it, so i don't have it often.

Thanks for the idea. I just googled it and found the recipe at http://ohsheglows.com/2011/02/22/sweet-potato-oatmeal-breakfast-casserole/. Looks so yummy. Will be trying it.
  • JoseP204
    JoseP204 Posts: 16
    Options
    lol..classic! :)
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Fruit if I'm going to Bikram yoga if I'm going to the gym brown rice with an egg or some type of protien
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Ideal? A box of Kelloggs Krave followed by a pint of B&J Half Baked, but I usually just have quick cooking steel cut oats with a bit of PB and Chocolate protein powder because I'm lame, trying to lose weight and have to go to work soon after.
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    -special k. red berries w. added berries.
    -peanut butter & jelly sandwich on wheat bread + a banana if Im really hungry.
    -2 scrambled eggs & toast + fruit.

-On a slight cheat day when still counting calories, I'll go all out
    w. the cheesy eggs & sausages & pancakes.

-I almost always have 3-4 oz of OJ. then water for the day.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you mean by ideal. If it's what I should eat and what makes me feel good, that's Fiber One cereal, 1% milk, a handful of fruit (cherries for as long as they're in season), and coffee. If it's what I want, that means a trip to Waffle House. Order over medium, scattered, peppered and topped and a peanut butter chocolate chip waffle and coffee. For those of you unfortunate enough to not be fluent in Waffle House, that means two eggs over medium, hashbrowns scattered on the griddle so they're crispy with cheese, jalapenos and chili. I only get that once a year. On New Year's Day. Whenever we manage to peel ourselves out of bed we head to WaHo. And stuff ourselves with carbs and fat and we tell each other that we can't do this anymore, we're too old and that next year we should keep it quiet and low key. By September we have forgotten the pain and misery and we start planning for next time.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4am on the days i workout........................5am on my off days. But i love having my two egg whites w/ turkey on a whole wheat wrap w/Sriracha, and my coffee and/or water.
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    Fage Greek yogurt with 2 tsbp Flax seed
    Cup of coffee with cream and truvia.

High protein and easy on the tummy in the morning. Best of all, no prep!!
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    1 cup of Alfs Natural Puffed Wheat
    1.5 cups fruit (usually apple, cantaloupe or berries)
    .5 cup greek yogurt
    Cinnamon
    S***load of coffee