Trim for Turkey Day starts today! Join if you want!

Options

Replies

• checking in...

no change this week...
    last week 161
    current 161

BUT my pants feel loose AND my abs look sleeker from all the crunches!!! I think I just might start measuring myself! And I've asked my husband to hide the scale until check in (first thing in the morning is the BEST number!) since I get on it every day and don't feel like I'm making any progress with all the fluctuations!!

Good job everybody! Keep up the good work!!!

yes, you should do the measurement. if you lose inches and not weight.. it meant you are losing fat BUT you don't lose muscle.. that's the best kind of loss.... you are hitting jackpot if this is the case.
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone sorry for checking in so late. I am just really stuck and need to get my butt in gear. no change again.
    NEW challenge! Ok last week a lot of people seemed to like the no more soda challenge. If you are not a soda drinker then cut out something else that you eat. Like for me I am going to make sure nosweets. I love to sneak a few oreo's or a mini snickers or two. Also lets keep up with the 200 crunch challenge. How is everyone doing? Also how are you all with your water intake. I know some of you do great and it seems to come as second nature. To others of us we have to really make sure and get our water intake in.
    OK so I have not done well and I am worried we live in Germany and have company tomorrow for the next week and will be eating lots of yummy german food. Not so great for my calorie intake. Then I have more company coming in October. I am worried I set my target to high. I might lower it a little bit or I don't think I will make it.
  • TheNatKitchen
    TheNatKitchen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Check in!

08/29/09 - 169 (starting)
    09/03/09 – 165 (-4lbs!!!) woo-hoo!!
    09/10/09 – 163.6 (-1.4 lbs)
    09/17/09 -- 162.8 (-0.8 lbs)
    00/24/09
    10/01/09
    10/08/09
    10/15/09
    10/22/09
    10/29/09
    11/05/09
    11/12/09
    11/19/09
    11/26/09 – Thanksgiving Goal=150.

Man, I really need to work a little harder to make my goal! I'm glad to see some loss this week though! :wink:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday Weigh-In, everybody! It looks like everyone is doing GREAT! Keep up the AWESOME work!

I don't know how this happened, and I am wary to believe the scale, but...

Last Week - 196
    This Week - 192 ( -4 loss )
    Turkey Day Goal - 183

:noway: I feel like it's not possible! Is there any way to check to make sure your scale is working?

When I started this journey and had a lot of weight to lose, the early losses were dramatic, then slowed down a bit. Don't let the scale make you happy or sad. Just keep eating and exercising right and making gradual improvements and the weight will come off. Congratulations on your success. Never, never, never give up. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • sara520
    Options
    Ok checking in

todays weight 145.5
    last week 146

I am down .5 and happy about it.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Well only a .2 pound loss but always better than a gain. :huh: I hope everyone else did great! Only 10 more weeks till Thanksgiving and 9 more lbs to my goal.
    SW 163.8
    09/03/09 - 161.2
    09/10/09 - 157.2
    09/17/09 - 157.0
    TD GOAL -148
  • TheNatKitchen
    TheNatKitchen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone sorry for checking in so late. I am just really stuck and need to get my butt in gear. no change again.
    NEW challenge! Ok last week a lot of people seemed to like the no more soda challenge. If you are not a soda drinker then cut out something else that you eat. Like for me I am going to make sure nosweets. I love to sneak a few oreo's or a mini snickers or two. Also lets keep up with the 200 crunch challenge. How is everyone doing? Also how are you all with your water intake. I know some of you do great and it seems to come as second nature. To others of us we have to really make sure and get our water intake in.
    OK so I have not done well and I am worried we live in Germany and have company tomorrow for the next week and will be eating lots of yummy german food. Not so great for my calorie intake. Then I have more company coming in October. I am worried I set my target to high. I might lower it a little bit or I don't think I will make it.

I think this is a great idea! What if we say 'no sweets' and this INCLUDES soda? Any thoughts?
  • hgirl1021
    Options

I think this is a great idea! What if we say 'no sweets' and this INCLUDES soda? Any thoughts?

hmmm...i can do the no soda challenge hands down myself. but i wont deprive myself of sweets! :laugh: then i'll just crave them and binge!! i like to have a SF jello snack pack or a skinny cow ice cream bar as my after dinner snack. that's all i ever has as a 'treat' to my day and they're both 100 cal or less. so if those are counted as sweets...i'll have to pass on this challenge :embarassed:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I gave up both soda and sweets in February so neither is a real challenge for me, but I'm still having trouble remembering to do the crunches so I'll stick with the crunch challenge because I really need it.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I missed today's weigh in so i will post mine first thing in the morning.. and i :heart: the no soda challenge i love diet coke and have been trying to kick the habit for a while now.. so this will help me stick to it and no more soda!!!
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Ok NO SODA or NO SWEETS Challenge! I however do not want anyone to totally deny them selves and then binge. If you drink a lot of soda why don't you try and cut back if you can not cut them totally out. I know I do not buy soda because if it was in my house I would drink it. I only have soda as a treat when I go out to eat. Even if I get fast food I get a bottle of water.

Next week- How many of us have a step omiter (SP?)? I have about 5 freebee ones from cereal to events I have been to. We wanted to do the 10,000 step challenge and I was thinking of starting it next week if everyone has one. Let me know ok!
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to check in... No changes here, so I know I need to get my butt in gear. I have the exercise part down pat, it's my diet that's killing me!!! I love the new challenge idea, and I'm all for it. I'm not much of a soda drinker, but for some reason lately if there's a cookie at my house, I have to have one! I've never been much of a sweets person, but lately it's been my kryptonite. I'm on board for this challenge!
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I'm on board with no soda and no sweets. I've been trying to kick the soda habit - even though I only drink diet soda. It is very hard for me. I like water, but I think I crave the sweet taste of diet soda. We're out of soda and I won't buy any this week. Man, I must be addicted because I feel anxious just thinking about it!

I have been wanting a pedometer to do the 10k steps, so I'll find one this week. I'm very sedentary outside of workouts right now as I'm a full time student. So, I spend a lot of time sitting in front of the computer - need to get up and move around more. I think this might help me with weight loss and energy.

I'm a little behind on my weight loss - just a little. BUT - we still have plenty of time, so I'm going to add two workouts to my week this next week.
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    no soda is fine for me but no sweets?!!!:sad: I have a small treat every now and then (within my calories) and I savor it like it's my last meal! :laugh: I'll do my best but I can't promise anything! :laugh:

water challenge is good, I have my bottle right next to me all day. I'm still working on the crunches but nowhere near 200! I like the 10,000 steps challenge, I'll get a pedometer this week to prepare!

I just want to say thanks to you all! You guys have no idea now I think about myfitness pals when I'm tempted to cheat or not work out! the other night I went over my calories about 120 and hadn't worked out and didn't plan too!! It was late, I was tired and cranky! I got on here to log my calories and check the posts and after reading all the encouragement I got up and ran 3 miles on my treadmill!!!

You guys ROCK!!!! Have a great day!!!
  • everyday
    Options
    Ok NO SODA or NO SWEETS Challenge! I however do not want anyone to totally deny them selves and then binge. If you drink a lot of soda why don't you try and cut back if you can not cut them totally out. I know I do not buy soda because if it was in my house I would drink it. I only have soda as a treat when I go out to eat. Even if I get fast food I get a bottle of water.

Next week- How many of us have a step omiter (SP?)? I have about 5 freebee ones from cereal to events I have been to. We wanted to do the 10,000 step challenge and I was thinking of starting it next week if everyone has one. Let me know ok!

~~~GREAT CHALLENGES~~~ :smile: Yes, using a pedometer 10 k steps a day is a good marker of your activity, especially if you sit at a desk all day. Count me in on all 3!
  • aallen440
    Options
    I don't have a pedomiter. Can someone tell me what the avg price cost is for one?

Also, as far as the soda, I quit almost 2 months ago. I had to quit cold turkey and was sick over two weeks but I feel so much better now. Worth it in the long run. However, I reward myyself with Edy's 1/2 the fat and 1/2 the calories chocolate Fudge chunk ice cream when I have extra cals to it.
    I guess:ohwell: i could try to skip it. I sometimes have 200+ cals to eat still at the end of the day and really don't want to eat 100lbs of veggies to eat my cals.
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hey guys

feeling really discouraged with no loss this week cause i have been so good about food and exercise... don't get it :ohwell:

as for soda, i don't drink it at all and i am fairly good about my water. as for sweets..... esp during my TOM i crave them like craaaaazy, but i have been pretty good lately. i do have my occasional 1/2 the fat French Silk ice cream which i loooove but only when i have the cals. ill try to cut it out this week but it will be tough!

also i am doing the 30 day shred so i am not really doing the situps challenge cause i have that (day 12!)

lets make this a great week!!!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Getting a late start on my weigh in last weigh in i was 162 this weigh in im 158 YAY!!!! 4LBS DOWN... Goal for thanksgiving 140 only 18 pounds to go!!! :smile:

Starting to cut back on soda's today :cry: hope i can kick the habit
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I sometimes have 200+ cals to eat still at the end of the day and really don't want to eat 100lbs of veggies to eat my cals.

When I have a low calorie/high exercise day and have extra calories I celebrate with peanut butter on a wasa cracker :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • bwilton77
    bwilton77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm a day late but heres my check in for 9/18/09

Starting weight 305

Current weight 301
    So a 4 lb weight loss in 1 week.

Turkey day goal 285
    Main Goal 160
    Not doing so good with water this week but I did sign up for curves and I start on Mon The lady said if I don't go 3 days a week they call you so I'm hoping it will help with motivation.