Your Worst Binge Since Starting Here?

Options
graelwyn
graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
As title says, what is the worst binge you have had in terms of calories(Obviously there will be plenty here who have not binged) since joining mfp, and did it impact your weight badly, if at all ?

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I had a FREE DAY where I logged in over 12,000 calories...lol
    That's as bad as it ever got.
  • graelwyn
    Options

Wowsers, that makes me feel slightly better about the few occasions I hit 4-5k on a bad day, lol. Not that I am proud of it, I hate it when it happens lol. I sure would love to know what you ate to hit 12000 though.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I went to Texas De Brazil and went nuts, it was a special occasion and had planned to eat everything I could get my hands on.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options

Wowsers, that makes me feel slightly better about the few occasions I hit 4-5k on a bad day, lol. Not that I am proud of it, I hate it when it happens lol. I sure would love to know what you ate to hit 12000 though.
    I remember it well....a huge breakfast - 2000 calories, a huge lunch - 2000 calories - drank 20 beers all day - 2500 calories - snacked all day on junk - 1500 calories and ate a huge dinner twice [3000], then late desert and white wine [1500]....it added up quick!
  • graelwyn
    Options

I remember it well....a huge breakfast - 2000 calories, a huge lunch - 2000 calories - drank 20 beers all day - 2500 calories - snacked all day on junk - 1500 calories and ate a huge dinner twice [3000], then late desert and white wine [1500]....it added up quick!

I don't think I could fit that much in lol. I tend to be totally and utterly swollen and awful feeling after the 5k.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options

What's amazing is that there are people who eat like that, or close to it, every day. One of the British shows added up some poor fat schlep's calories and he was packing away 10,000+ a day on mostly take out and soda, or take aways and fizzy drinks as they called it.
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My worst binge on MFP was recent. Must have had a week (well 4 out of the 7) of unlogged binge days each was probably around 3000 calories. /: my break turned into a binge fiesta.

Not good but I'm back on board!
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I don't call them bad days. they are delicious days!!! A container of ice-cream here. one of cool whip there. 2000 calories in munchkins for breakfast.
    It happens
    I have a bad habit of buying the whoppi pies that the supermarket puts out near the register. One day they had jumbo ones, it was 1800 cals of pure delicious
  • Loveslupins
    Loveslupins Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow! It is amazing how it all adds up!! How painful was that to log! I'm trying to log even when I binge and I hate it. A lot.
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Probably on Father's Day. I didn't log it but I ate a ton. I couldn't breathe. It was great.
  • graelwyn
    Options

What's amazing is that there are people who eat like that, or close to it, every day. One of the British shows added up some poor fat schlep's calories and he was packing away 10,000+ a day on mostly take out and soda, or take aways and fizzy drinks as they called it.

I cannot imagine that. One day of bad eating, two at most, and I am desperate for my fish and vegetables.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    in one day i had donuts for breakfast, chili cheese fries & chili cheese dogs + a double cheeseburger & onion rings for lunch with SEVERAL cokes. that was by far my worst (or best?? LOL) day so far. didn't impact my weight loss at all.
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Probably on Father's Day. I didn't log it but I ate a ton. I couldn't breathe. It was great.

good day :)
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Oh sheesh, that's easy, it was the day I hit rock-bottom. I had been allowing myself one "cheat day" a week a few years ago. It started simple - one bag of something from the grocery store on the day I went shopping. It was always a bag of Brach's caramels. Simple and quick, when they're gone, they're gone. Then the store stopped carrying them. So I started experimenting with different candy...and upping it from one thing to I can have as many things as I want, but on that day only, and I would usually get sick of it pretty fast - maybe 4-5 pieces of candy. Plus I was super busy and didn't have time to sit and snack. Then Halloween clearance hit and my schedule settled down....I had about 7 bags - the BIG bags - of fun sized candy. On one day. And I was eating all of them. Wasn't hungry, but I couldn't stop putting them in my mouth. Felt immensely huge and sick afterwards.

It didn't really impact my weight loss, but I learned that a "little cheat" doesn't really work for me. I've since cut out all refined sugar and now I don't crave it anymore.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    in one evening I devoured the 6 pack of hershey's milk chocolate bars (not snack size)

Now, I only buy an individual serving (two at most), unless I have someone to share it with. It was that time of the month and I was eating crap anyhow, it contributed to a stall in my weight loss (did regain some weight). I have relost that weight and now more.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'd been painting and packing boxes all day on Wednesday, and when my boyfriend got home, I asked if we could order pizza. I had him get a small order of cheesestix (the size of a small pizza) since we were getting Papa John's. I figured I'd have two or three.

So much for THAT. I didn't touch the pizza, but I ate the *entire order* of cheesestix. I freaked out, logged the calories, and felt so much better when it didn't put me over my daily calories. Since it was so hot that day, I'd barely eaten anything, and I'd chugged about a gallon of water. I thought for sure the sodium/whatever would kill my weigh-in, but I dropped two pounds. Heh. :)
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    So much for THAT. I didn't touch the pizza, but I ate the *entire order* of cheesestix.

Those things are tools of the devil, I swear. Back when I was eating that sort of thing I could put away a whole order without batting a lip.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Mothers Day my brothers and I took my mom to an all you can eat buffet for brunch. I had mac and cheese, stuffed chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, waffles with syyrup and strawberries, eggs benedict, bacon, hash browns, fruit and a cookie (just one everything in moderation you kn0w ;-) My sister in law and brothers were like "What about eating healthy? What about working out?" I said "Abs shmabs this aint cheap Im gettin my moneys worth"

I have zero regrets.
  • fatcheeksme
    fatcheeksme Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was making cupcakes for a family friends kids and I ended up eating 12... I felt horrible but im doing better now :)
  • graelwyn
    Options
    Oh sheesh, that's easy, it was the day I hit rock-bottom. I had been allowing myself one "cheat day" a week a few years ago. It started simple - one bag of something from the grocery store on the day I went shopping. It was always a bag of Brach's caramels. Simple and quick, when they're gone, they're gone. Then the store stopped carrying them. So I started experimenting with different candy...and upping it from one thing to I can have as many things as I want, but on that day only, and I would usually get sick of it pretty fast - maybe 4-5 pieces of candy. Plus I was super busy and didn't have time to sit and snack. Then Halloween clearance hit and my schedule settled down....I had about 7 bags - the BIG bags - of fun sized candy. On one day. And I was eating all of them. Wasn't hungry, but I couldn't stop putting them in my mouth. Felt immensely huge and sick afterwards.

It didn't really impact my weight loss, but I learned that a "little cheat" doesn't really work for me. I've since cut out all refined sugar and now I don't crave it anymore.

I am considering, for the umpteenth time, trying the quit sugar and wheat route, for 3 weeks as I have heard that it totally kills the cravings, but the question is, does it last? And does it mean you have to refrain from ever having a dessert or chocolate for life, as I imagine that once you have a little again, it will lead right back to being hooked ?

I suppose I am fortunate in that more days than not, I can get by without feeling the need for this stuff, but perhaps once every few weeks, I will get insane cravings for bakery stuffs and that is that. It is almost like a compulsion actually.

My worst, I think, was a day where I had 2 pints of ben and jerry's. 4 ben and jerry's cookies, and earlier that day, a mcflurry, some mini chocolate brownies, a chocolate cookie, mini flapjacks, 2 muffins and some millionaires shortbread. It added up to rather a lot and the worst thing was, I knew I was going to do it. It is almost as if some of my binges are pre planned so I know that if I really work hard on it, I can stop it more times than not.

I suppose I have the mindset that if I try everything at once, I will have tasted it, know what its like, and not feel deprived at all when I don't buy it again.

I know some recommend beating the addiction by buying in all this stuff, and fighting the fear and panic, and keeping having it around, and eventually the desire to eat it apparently peters out. I read that in a guide to overcoming overeating and heard it from someone else. Something about taking out the whole idea of restriction and having foods that are 'unsafe', Obviously, initially the people would eat rather a lot of the food they had around, but less than they had expected and after a week or less, they found they still had whole boxes of cookies still sitting in their kitchen untouched because that time of having it around, unlimited, in quantity, sort of took away the craving. It was always there, thus nothing novel or special.