Your Worst Binge Since Starting Here?

Options

Replies

• carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I remember it well....a huge breakfast - 2000 calories, a huge lunch - 2000 calories - drank 20 beers all day - 2500 calories - snacked all day on junk - 1500 calories and ate a huge dinner twice [3000], then late desert and white wine [1500]....it added up quick!

What's amazing is that there are people who eat like that, or close to it, every day. One of the British shows added up some poor fat schlep's calories and he was packing away 10,000+ a day on mostly take out and soda, or take aways and fizzy drinks as they called it.
    Is that the show were that one woman comes in and shows them how to eat healthier? I forgot what I was called but I watched it a lot on BBC America. It was insane to see how much people ate. O_O

Yeah, I think that might have been it. It was just crazy. The guy was big, but I'm surprised he wasn't bed-bound or something the way he ate. As I remember he made some decent progress by the end of the episode.
  • SingeSange
    SingeSange Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    161 days, not one binge!

that's great!
    reading everyone's posts makes me feel not so bad about the can of coke I have a few times a week or a chocolate bar....
    all the food everyone's talking about would give me a serious belly ache
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have a coconut lime chocolate chip poundcake in the oven right now that I'm going to dig into as soon as it's cool enough. I'm on my lady time, so chocolate and milk is happening tonight. I figure a day or two a month of sugary heaven is alright, if I'm doing well the rest of the time.

Also, I'll probably have fish and chips for dinner between helpings of that poundcake.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I remember it well....a huge breakfast - 2000 calories, a huge lunch - 2000 calories - drank 20 beers all day - 2500 calories - snacked all day on junk - 1500 calories and ate a huge dinner twice [3000], then late desert and white wine [1500]....it added up quick!

What's amazing is that there are people who eat like that, or close to it, every day. One of the British shows added up some poor fat schlep's calories and he was packing away 10,000+ a day on mostly take out and soda, or take aways and fizzy drinks as they called it.

If it's mostly take-out, then it's not surprising that he managed to pack that many calories away. If it was healthier stuff he probably wouldn't have been but on the show. lol
  • foremate
    foremate Posts: 38
    Options
    I would not call it a binge I call them calorie spikes...where we shock our bodies with huge amounts of delicious food. I thought I was the only one but I see it happens to the best of us...my worst spike was when my birthday hit and I had just started using mfp...the most i have hit is 2700 i think that's with logging in all of my bad eats...my weakness is icecream. although I have only lost 5 pounds my friend says he can see where I lost it in my stomach...which is where it has to leave...but yeah my weakness ICECREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I had an 8700 non-healthy calorie day once and the next day the scale finally went down after not losing for weeks!

That is dangerous talk. If only....
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've only binged once where I went 700+ calories over thanks to half a bag of dark chocolate chips. I was sooooo sick afterwards and won't do anything like that again anytime soon! I still ended the week with a deficit and actually lost 2 lbs that week.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Funny but thats what happens to me, If the scales are moving it always seems to be the day after i have eaten out or had stuff I shouldnt have, But ofcourse there is no way you can gaina pound in one day, Well I dont think so anyway.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Pizza Hut Lunch Buffet. I think that should be pretty self-explanatory. :P
  • dwclaire
    dwclaire Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    right. now.

i cannot breathe.

i went and bought mcflurry and a XL chocolate bar and ate them both, and im drinking a bottle of coke right now too.

i want to sleep it away, it's nearly as bad as a hangover!!!

this is all because i was extremely tired, then i ran 5k for charity this morning, i pushed too hard, and i guess i was lacking sugar! should have chosen an apple.

i guess karma really is a biaaaaaatch!

scuuuuuuuse me while i go barf
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any binges yet (I've only been on MFP less than a month), but every time I go to a restaurant unplanned I will mentally prepare to hate myself afterwards when I look up everything!
    If its planned I take precaution and choose beforehand, but every once in a while I'll be out with someone they'll mention "Hey let's do lunch!" I've done that twice with my mom so far. Thankfully I'm a pretty light eater otherwise, I probably would have gone over if I weren't :P
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I struggle to stay within my 1200 calorie allowance so often go over a bit, hence my very slow weight loss. Re binges though, if you feel you've had a bad day try watching 'Man versus Food'- thats enough to put anyone off food!
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    I think it was over a week or two ago....I had 7 cookies with milk @ 100 calories each!!! and it was at night..smh!!! So much sugar and fat :(, but the happy thing is it didn't affect my weight loss. :)
  • sa11yjane
    Options
    I'm so jealous of the person who is eating chocolate RIGHT NOW! I've been craving a McFlurry for ages too but haven't given in...yet! The other day I was desperate for a box of fondant fancies and had to keep talking to myself all the way home to stop myself from turning off at the appropriate shop! Sometimes it's just so hard! x
  • sa11yjane
    Options
    Yes biscuits are a killer, aren't they? I had about 6 chocolate digestives the other day, let's be honest I could have eaten the whole packet, and I was sooooo shocked when I logged the calories. I made a decision not to buy them 'for the family' again as it's always me who ends up eating them!
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I felt like I was starving the whole day, had a total of 2340 calories, consisting of too much pasta and hershey kisses
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Worst? Probably the weekend I celebrated my friend's 19th birthday with her a couple weeks ago. I don't remember exactly how much of what I ate/drank, but there was various kinds of booze, pizza, chips, chocolate covered butter cookies, orange Aero bubbles, McDonald's (twice), Coca Cola, root beer, as well as giant store bought strawberry cupcakes and homemade red velvet cupcakes. I remember throwing out some chips and pizza, as well as pouring out the pop, but that's about it.

I didn't log it at all, though looking back on it I wish I had, just out of sheer curiosity.
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    two bags of pepperidge farm cookies
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Lol biscuits used to be one of the worst things for me, now i only eat maybe 1 per week, but i could binge quite easy on cadburys snack sandwich, ooo and omg i reckon i could eat 4 caramel shortbreads from costa if a really let my self go.
    Its actually so funny to see that everyone is the same, no one is so strict that they dont ever say, oh well sod it, im having that cake and icecream etc.If I wasnt watching what im eating, and im not perfect by any means, i reckon 3000 in one day would be no problem to me at all, i mean go eat pizza out and your talking over 1000 cals just for that, and most desserts are about 500-600 ish cals, unless there made in the us, where they are more likely over 1000 each lol.
    I used to eat about 8 chocolate digestives a day, after every meal I would eat them, coz once ive had savoury, i want sweet.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Today is now my worst without a shadow of a doubt. I think for me though, depression is playing a large role, as well as getting my lady time back after a few months of it being absent. Let's just say pizza express pizza, ice cream sundae, doughnuts, cookies, cupcakes, chocolate shortbread, flapjack, peanut m+ms, normal chocolate, biscuits etc. If I were to log it all, it would most likely be over 10,000 calories. I have never had that much in 24 hours. Time to get a grip on this thing and relearn moderation. The rest of the time I am good at avoiding the junk and enjoy healthy food. Fortunately, I am a long way from overweight and have never been overweight, not that this makes me feel any better about my lack of control as a former anorexic.