Your Worst Binge Since Starting Here?

Options

Replies

• Annitte
    Annitte Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My free day is normaly Sunday.. But today I was lazY did nothing! I ate Ice cream and had a few glasses of wine Booooooooooooo and shame on me... but will do better tomorrow..
  • ayfa
    ayfa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    well "binge" has turned into 3-4 months of stagnation AAARRGGGGG!!!

But my highest...havent looked over it but if i had to guess about 5,000. I have a sweet tooth *blush*
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Today...had 4 slices of pizza and one chocolate chip pizza slices.
  • rnnayna
    rnnayna Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went on a bit of a family outing with my SIL, my daughter, her kids and a friend's kids. They wanted Five Guys burgers...I had heard they were amazing...so I had one, the thing had TWO patties on it. I did ask for no mayo...to make it healthy HAHAH! That was a tasty burger. Then we went across the street to this very popular cupcake shoppe (Gigi's), locally famous for very decadent cupcakes in different flavors with delicious buttercream icing just as thick as the cupcake itself. I had one called Midnight Magic, that had devil's food cake and fudgy buttercream icing with mini-chocolate chips in it. I couldn't eat it all at once, but I did finish it off the same day with a glass of cold skim milk. I logged my calories at the end of the day and hung my head in shame, but it was worth it. If you are going to cheat, don't do it with something boring like McDonald's and M&Ms, do it RIGHT.
    Today, I am proud to say I went to a birthday party for a 3 year old and only ate a half slice of Little Cesars pizza (like they sliced it twice to be able to serve more) and some watermelon and had a single bite of birthday cake. Didn't even drink soda. Just water.
  • tremilla
    tremilla Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just came back from a week in Texas and I binged every single day of my vacation. My biggest meal was probably from Pappadeux. I had two lobster tails with crawfish stuffing, shrimp wrapped in bacon, dirty rice. broccolini, and starwberry lemonade. I also ate bbq for breakfast, and even had a Red Velvet Milkshake from Toomers (Auburn, AL). I enjoyed every minute of it. As a result I was sluggish, queasy from time to time, and gained 4lbs. I'm happy to say that I'm back to eating healthy and working out. : )
  • Eveamlizya
    Eveamlizya Posts: 16
    Options
    I've learned from previous tries at dieting that I have to be more strict with myself so instead of a free DAY, I get a free MEAL every two weeks where I pick ONE meal and just eat whatever I want. Last week my mom made chicken and noodles and I had two plates full of pretty much just pasta...and I had two Dr. Pepper's with that meal too instead of my one a day rule.
  • reservoirghost
    Options
    Yesterday was one of my worst D: Y'all can view it if you'd like, clocking in close to 4,000.
    But My worst was in October, I think it was.. god probably at leasttt 7,000.
    My day: Oatmeal, Almond butter and fig Jam sandwich, Toast with Nutella and jam, Bag of Pita chips split with friend, Hummus, Bowl of Granola, Bag of Popcorn, Plate of risotto, 4 slices of pie, two enchiladas, Pint of half baked ice cream, bag of chips, more pita chips, two reeces packets, a bag of pepperidge farm snickerdoodle cookies, two twix, and i think that was all :P
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I always eat a little unhealthy during my time of the month, but I remember one week where I just ate super unhealthy. Fast food and icecream. I made sure to drink lots of water and somehow managed to lose weight. I think the extra calorie boost was needed for my body at the time.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Uh, mine would probably be the last 36 hours. Friday lunch: Pattymelt and fries. Then Thai food at dinner (appetizers AND entree, although it was mostly all paleo friendly) and a DQ blizzard ice cream late at night. This morning: an entire bag of apple chips (it says "5 apples in every bag!"), A big Arby's Turkey & Swiss sandwich for lunch today, double-scoop hard ice cream on a waffle cone for "dinner", popcorn at the movies, and then...taco bell mexican pizza on the way home from the movies.

I will tell you, the only time this kind of thing happens is when 2 things happen in order: 1) I hit my "new low" and feel AWESOME about myself AND 2) it's a Friday. Friday's already feel special to me, because it's the start of the weekend. If I hit a low weight and it's Friday, I want TO CELEBRATE. And the one thing leads to another and another and then Monday morning hits and I'm up 5-6 lbs or something like that. It'll take me a full week to be back where I was (because it's usually just all that sodium and water retention) and then to start moving lower again. Wouldn't be too big a problem, but it's managed to happen almost every weekend for 2 months. This weekend being the WORST. I gotta get a handle on it, and soon!
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have laughed at some of these posters, how the hell some of you are stick thin and binge on more tv withhan 5000 i dont know, you must not do it very often, and the original poster does not need to be losing weight, she is very underweight by the look of her profile. Imo you should be adding weight not trying to take it off, sorry if that offends.

Ive watched loads of with people who eat masses of calouries in one day and there huge people, you dont get fat eating small amounts of foods each day. I know on a bad day i can eat 3000 quite easy or maybe worse if i had chocolate in there.

When we go to florida for our hols we eat way too much every day, we go out for a buffet breakfast, then we might have pasta, pizza or a burger maybe, not so much the burger these days, or steak, chicken etc, then for will have full dinner at night with dessert and inbetween that i might have popcorn, chocolate, icecream,it all adds up to a hell of a lot.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Mothers Day my brothers and I took my mom to an all you can eat buffet for brunch. I had mac and cheese, stuffed chicken breast, mashed potatoes and gravy, waffles with syyrup and strawberries, eggs benedict, bacon, hash browns, fruit and a cookie (just one everything in moderation you kn0w ;-) My sister in law and brothers were like "What about eating healthy? What about working out?" I said "Abs shmabs this aint cheap Im gettin my moneys worth"

I have zero regrets.

I have a similar tale to tell.
    All you can eat Chinese buffet with family. Thought I was full after the savouries, but then I hit the desserts. They looked insignificant and rather boring, but they so weren't.
    And because they are included you feel obliged to get your money's worth.
    I did put on about 3lb the next morning, but am back on track now.
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My first binge since using MFP was when I went to a banquet and ate about 2000 calories there alone. Mainly in the form of desserts- cake, cookies, brownies, cream puffs, donuts.. I had them all and then some. Logged everything I could remember though, by just guesstimating and using the generically listed foods. I had the worst stomach bloat and bellyache afterwards, haha.

Second time was when I was slightly sick (and couldn't taste anything) and very stressed about an upcoming exam that I knew I was going to fail. Most people eat less when they're sick, but this time I just kept shoving things in my mouth because it was like I wasn't getting satisfied because I wasn't tasting anything. I binged on cookies the whole day, mainly. And chocolate. Just couldn't stop. Think I had over 1000 for breakfast along and around 2700 the whole day.

I still logged everything, though. And amazingly these two binges didn't effect my weight at all.. I mean, besides water weight for like 1-2 days.
  • TheMadRedhead1979
    Options
    I don't call them bad days. they are delicious days!!! A container of ice-cream here. one of cool whip there. 2000 calories in munchkins for breakfast.
    It happens
    I have a bad habit of buying the whoppi pies that the supermarket puts out near the register. One day they had jumbo ones, it was 1800 cals of pure delicious

Delicious days !! Love it !!!
    At the end of the day we are all going to have bad days due to one thing or another, the trick is how you deal with them, do you go and sit in a corner and sulk or do you get straight back onto it and fight ??
    Love life and enjoy those bad sorry delicious days when you have them
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yesterday. Biscuits and gravy from Dairy Queen for breakfast had nearly 800 calories!!
  • loztredders
    loztredders Posts: 142
    Options
    I had a pretty bad one the other week for dinner I ate ten mini chocolate ring donuts, two slices of choc fudge cake, a haagen Dazs chocolate mini ice cream pot, a few mini cheddars and 2 weetabix with milk....
    I felt awful in bed, stomach was literally turning over all night, so won't be doing that again in a hurry!!
  • bethagon
    bethagon Posts: 18
    Options
    My binges tend to be after a few days of eating at weird times in a week, and they can get up to about 3 or 4k

a 2L tub of icecream, packets of biscuits, big blocks of chocolate... mm
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever had a proper binge (eating without really thinking, regretting it later etc). I've eaten a whole family sized bag of doritos in one day but somehow worked it in. I've had high calorie days but those aren't a "binge".

The closest thing to a binge was actually yesterday when I stood in front of the fridge eating out of the apple sauce container for about ten minutes until most of it was gone. I didn't even realise I was doing it.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I went nuts on Guinness, lager & rum and coke a month or so ago.

I logged booze for the first and only time just for a laugh.

It was a leaving do for an ex workmate and it looks like the connection I made will net me a decent full time job very soon.

It wasn't optimal nutrition wise but very good for my social/work life ...

(edit) To those wondering how some people can do this occasionally ... Think less about the calories and more about how your metabolism is set to use those calories ... And I mean occasionally ;)
  • Lillyeatslillies
    Options
    Since being on here the worst day was when I ate an entire pizza that spanned over breakfast and lunch and then I still had dinner. I felt so sick afterwards. I'm trying not to junkfood diet anymore and eat more whole foods. It makes me feel a little better.
  • Merrymaker_Misery
    Options
    Today.

I was Low-Fat-Raw-Vegan between april and mid-may, couldn't afford it, so i switched to Low-Fat-Cooked-Vegan with greens, fruit, pasta, potatoes, but 2 days ago i got severely malnourished (which is super weird cause i'm trying to recover from an ED and i've actually never been malnourished, even at underweight) so i switched back to my old, low-carb diet.

Seems my body was screaming for Fat-soluble vitamins, and i feel face first on fresh tuna, fresh muscles, liver pate that i made with our own olive oil, Camembert cheese, eggs and in order to not freak out, had a beer. The calories mounted up to 3000 in the span of 18 hours.

Not freaking out though, i just need to be careful the following days.