BLACK TEAM!!

Options
so I thought it might be a good idea to just start a thread with out the week in it.

We will still be doing weekly weigh ins so it's week 15 for that. but we can just keep going with one thread.

OK, So we are going to give up our vice for the rest of the week. Sounds fun to me. :noway: But if I can go 2 weeks with my mother in law we can give up that one food that is keeping us from our goal or for those of you at goal making it hard for you to stay at goal!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    awesome-- mine has been salted peanuts this week-- even measured, they're killing me in sodium.

Thanks, Sam--
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I am not sure what I need to give up, but I will think about it tonight.

Maybe the Iced tea with sweet and low? From what I have read my body doesnt know the difference, just knows sweet.

I will have to figure this one out.

:glasses: Jeannie
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Marla, I didnt ignore you about the sugar. I dont eat sugar except in fruit and milk, mostly.

IDK:ohwell:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla, I didnt ignore you about the sugar. I dont eat sugar except in fruit and milk, mostly.

IDK:ohwell:

No worries, my good Jeannie-- I didn't think you ignored me, but woulda handled it well just the same--

I know you wubs me-- :blushing:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,751 Member
    Options
    This one might be hard. If I'm eating good, I'm eating good, I don't really have that one thing that I just can't give up. Now when I fall off the wagon, I eat my share of sweets, but if I'm on a good streak it's not so much of an issue.

The one thing that I do really LOVE to have every day is a smoothie, but it's frozen strawberries, fat free vanilla yogurt, banana and skim milk. Hardly bad for me.

I've got to think about this one too.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Goodbye peanut butter. I have tried and failed at this many times. This time I am not giving up all peanut butter. Just the sugar filled sodium fest that is skippy. I have a nice jar of all natural stuff that I will be eating. Save the skippy for the kids and their lightning fast metabolisms. Good challenge s
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    tag
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,751 Member
    Options
    Goodbye peanut butter. I have tried and failed at this many times. This time I am not giving up all peanut butter. Just the sugar filled sodium fest that is skippy. I have a nice jar of all natural stuff that I will be eating. Save the skippy for the kids and their lightning fast metabolisms. Good challenge s

I actually DID just do this myself. I love, love, love me some peanut butter. Skippy. I buy the biggest jar I can find. I ate apples and Skippy daily. I bought a jar of Natural Smuckers peanut butter and told myself that's all I could eat.

The first week after I bought it I glared at the funky looking glob with all the oil on top and ate Skippy instead. Last week I made myself stir it around and try it out. Eh. Not so bad but not my Skippy.

I went from peanut butter every day kinda gal to only eating it twice in the last week and a half. It says to refrigerate it after opening, then it gets hard and it's not so spreadable.

I miss you Skippy......
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Lori, Andrew- I tried to do the natural PB thing as well- a recipe in my Weight Watchers cookbook called for it...bought some brand that I had never heard of with a giant glob of oil at the top of it. Gross. I didn't mind having it without salt and sugar because I'd been eating Simply Jif for awhile, but that oil got to me. Bought myself some more Simply Jif and used it while that natural business sat in the fridge. I recently ran out of PB and saw that Jif makes a natural one. Talk about a girl in heaven. There is a smidge of sugar and salt in it, but it's way better than the regular stuff...plus, no weird ingredients and most important...NO OIL IN THE TOP!

So, my vice to get rid of is not going to be the peanut butter. I'm gonna need that with my apples to get back off the sweets. No M&Ms or salt water taffy at work, no buying ice cream when we go shopping, and no cake next Wednesday.
  • Marla64
    Options
    three cheers to all natural peanut butter-- goodbye sugar!!

Mix in the oil, Shuntae, and enjoy--
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Tag:smile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I love my Smuckers Organic PB. I stir in the oils (after pouring off just a bit) before I place it in the fridge.

I have had not problems with the transition because I dont need sugar and salt in PB.

Yummo..............

Now WHAT shall I give up?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The problem is I am on vacation with my BFF this week.

Ok-we always eat sweets when we are together. I will NOT eat dessert this week. If I promise my BT members, I will not do it.

:heart: Jeannie
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    three cheers to all natural peanut butter-- goodbye sugar!!

Mix in the oil, Shuntae, and enjoy--

That may be something I am just going to have to work toward. It took me several months to get through that jar, and I didn't finish it because I really didn't like it. I know the organic/all natural is supposed to be better for me, but I'm not willing to pay for and eat things I don't like just because they are supposed to be better. I will stick with my 3 grams of sugar and 75 mg of salt.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    tag :heart:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Good morning!

Well, I guess I'm going to try to give up coffee UUUUHHHHGGG - one of my most favorite things in the world!!!!!!

Ok, breathe deep...this is going to be hard... and since Im drinking one right now, I'll start tomorrow :tongue:

Hmmm, maybe I should give up the creamer first...gotta take baby steps, you know. :laugh:

Hope everyone is doing well
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,917 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.....Can I give up s@x? Just wondering....:laugh:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Ok so I was behind I posted this the morning wonder why no one has answered it yet until I figured out hey there may be a new post...Sorry I am so slow today

Good Morning Black team!!!!

I want to start off with a nre personal record. 5 miles done in 57 minutes 505 calories burned. Yay yay yay me, second aunt flo came to visit this morning so I didnt even feel like going out but I did and not only did I do 5 miles I did an extra 2 to step it up a notch.

Also, I was on the website for my marathon in Oct and I am starting to get nervous. I also have few questions, this will be my first marathon. They are having a spaghetti dinner the nght before if I dont go to that do I need to load up on carbs???? and NOT weigh they next morning. I was thinking about going to olive garden. I am afraid I wont finish it 13.1 miles and the course opens at 7 and closes at 10:30, in my mind I am saying ONLY 3 hours.

Well hope everyone is having a great day!!! My baby will be here shortly.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Ok so I was behind I posted this the morning wonder why no one has answered it yet until I figured out hey there may be a new post...Sorry I am so slow today

I want to start off with a nre personal record. 5 miles done in 57 minutes 505 calories burned. Yay yay yay me, second aunt flo came to visit this morning so I didnt even feel like going out but I did and not only did I do 5 miles I did an extra 2 to step it up a notch.

Also, I was on the website for my marathon in Oct and I am starting to get nervous. I also have few questions, this will be my first marathon. They are having a spaghetti dinner the nght before if I dont go to that do I need to load up on carbs???? and NOT weigh they next morning. I was thinking about going to olive garden. I am afraid I wont finish it 13.1 miles and the course opens at 7 and closes at 10:30, in my mind I am saying ONLY 3 hours.

If you were running a 5k I would say the carb thing isnt needed, But for a marathon or half marathon, I would say that some additional carbs would be a good idea. I am planning to carb it up a bit for my Duathlon on Sunday. Just picked up my race packet. This is gonna be interesting! lol
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options

If you were running a 5k I would say the carb thing isnt needed, But for a marathon or half marathon, I would say that some additional carbs would be a good idea. I am planning to carb it up a bit for my Duathlon on Sunday. Just picked up my race packet. This is gonna be interesting! lol

Yes its a half marathon...I am scared!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Look up Olive Garden stats on line. The sodium is the highest I have ever seen. If you have a local Italian place, they make it much fresher and without so much salt. Or make sketti at home with a huge salad and garlic bread.

I was shocked when I looked up my healthier version a OG and it was 2500 mg of sodium