BLACK TEAM!!

Options

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Marla, great new pic! You look so good!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My goal was to finish, hopefully around 2 hours but just finishing would be enough. Well I did it in around 1:46:00. (not official-just what the HRM said.) This seemed like the beginning of a new chapter. It felt alot like leaving a world of limits behind and opening a door to a part of my life that is full of possibility. Thanks for being so supportive everyone. And I am especially greatful for my DW, Without whom I couldn't possibly hope to have come this far. All my successes great and small are driven by the love and support that she gives me and out of a need to be a better man and come one step closer to deserving her.

Cheers to you all my friends!

:drinker:

Hugs Andrew, and Beth too for her support of your journey. You are an inspiration to me each and every day. I tell your story to as many ppl that will listen and one guy at work (who reminds me of you) has started a lifestyle change with his family because of your story Andrew.:flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    You all know I can't resist bragging. lol

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/64659-from-couch-to-duathlete
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Way to go Andrew! I was cracking up reading your story of the day, had to share it with DH who got a good laugh too. You are awesome!

Busy day. It's almost 4 and this is truly the first I have sat down since 7:30. I even ate standing up, so I'm really not kiddin! Still have a housefull of kids, been working outside and making food. That is enough to fill up all those hours!

Enjoy what's left of the weekend.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Just updating: Got official results-

2 mile run=16:24
    Transition#1= 1:18
    16 mile cycle=59:13
    Transition#2=1:29
    3.2 Mile Run=27:59

Total time=1:46:20

Placed 35th out of 58.

Can't wait to do it again =)

• AmandaJ
    Options
    Wow talk about inspiring!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Placed 35th out of 58.

A-freaking-mazing. Seriously.

Between you and the girl who is trying to get the triathlon bug in my ear, I almost want to reconsider my fear of biking.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Placed 35th out of 58.

Wow...Andrew, I am so proud of you. Smiling from ear to ear, reading your comments to my hubs,
    Congrats !!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Andrew I am so proud of you,

I know I have been MIA this weekend, I have to get a better mind set, I want to lose ten pounds before my half marathon which is oct 3 and my friend wants to lose 10 pounds before her wedding which is oct 3 so together we have vowed to stick to this together and get these last ten pounds off

I am back on today I know I said that last monday but today I have already ask GOD to help me put the devil's food as far out of my mind as he can so here we are back to day one I feel the only difference is I am still 125 pounds lighterr then day one.

So I can do this ran my 5 miles this morning and really getting in to clean this morning, so gonna wear my heart rate monitor to see how many calories I really burn

Have a great day everyone
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Holy crapola, why did I say I would give up sweets this week?

A girl at work brought back chocolate from a Caribbean cruise she was on last week. It's not the first time she's brought it in, so I know what it tastes like (heavenly, to be exact.). I can do this...I didn't even buy Turkey Hill ice cream in the grocery store yesterday, so I know I can pass up this chocolate.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Marla, great new pic! You look so good!!!!

Thanks, Amanda-- I'd just gotten back from running, and was feeling F-I-N-E!!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi Black Team! I was MIA last week - took 3 days off to try to get ready for back-to-school. Got about half of what I wanted to get done done. :) Better than nothing! Then took me 2 days of hard work to catch up the crap on my desk when I got back! Kiddos are all in school - the new kindergartener is doing fabulously and loves school.

So, now we are back into a routine. I have had to change my a.m. schedule from last year, with a Jr. Higher to get out the door for the bus and a kindergartener to take to school on my way to work. No more early a.m. workouts for me. My oldest daughter and I are going to go back to the Y starting this afternoon - she will ride the bus there after school and swim until I get there, then we will go do some weights together, then cardio. I'm looking forward to it! I was going to wait until the week of the 14th, but decided to start now - we will go 3 days a week for that. Then maybe I can start to work in an early a.m. workout - video or walk - also. But right now getting up at 5:45 is the best I can manage - I would have to get up at about 5:15 to squeeze a workout in - doable, just not at the moment.

Marla - you look great!! Love the new pic, you too Jeannie. I said it on your other thread Andrew - but you are awesome! Way to go guys. :drinker:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Sounds like all the black team members are back on track one way or another- new schedules, new workouts, promises to give up sweets, etc.

I somehow managed to get off those 3 pounds from vacation before last weeks weigh in, now this week I've been on it, exercising, eating well and the scale is....how do I say it.... very consistent. Bummer. I'm hoping by Wednesday it decides to give a little. I've got to mentally prepare myself for the fact that it might not. *sigh* Nothing new my friends.

I'm determined again though, the mind is back in it. I've stepped up the cardio, doing as many sessions a day as I can manage. Mostly just stepping up my walking, I don't want to hurt myself by doing too much strenuous cardio. Been there, done that, then it takes you out completely while you heal. Not worth it.

I walked with a neighbor this morning, she's got these long legs and I was humping to keep up. It was good. Did 3 miles. Went to the gym, lifted. Did 2.5 more miles- ran those. Hubs and I will walk 3 more tonight.

Read something good the other day from my Tom Venuto Burn the Fat dude. He said he believes the human body is the only machine on the face of the earth that wears out and breaks down from not using it enough.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Read something good the other day from my Tom Venuto Burn the Fat dude. He said he believes the human body is the only machine on the face of the earth that wears out and breaks down from not using it enough.

Interesting Lori! It is true though :ohwell: I forgot - even though I'm late I am going to nix the doughnuts. I fell victim to them last week and refuse to do it this week. I brought lots of healthy stuff to munch on here at work so I can avoid them. :drinker: I really want this to be a permanent thing - If I avoid them all fall and winter, maybe I can beat them during the stress of spring :glasses:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hello Black Team! How goes it on this Monday morning? It's nasty here and rainy, gloomy. I had an awesome time last night at Crue Fest! They bands were kick *kitten*!! Hope you all had a great Sunday, too!
    Next Saturday is my birthday party and I haven't lost any more weight so I guess I didn't hit that goal. Of course the week isn't over but if I lose any it won't be enough to make my clothes fit any different. But I am happy with what I have done and will continue to try anyway.

Andrew-You are AWESOME!

Marla-Great pic lady! You look awesome and soooo happy!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Wow, today sucks without my morning coffee!! Wtf? What was I thinking?????

Andrew - you are such an inspiration...good job with your dualthlon!
  • 72lori
    Options
    At the risk of getting beaten to a pulp I'm gonna share this.

I increased my calories to 1800- maintenance for a sedentary me. I'm not sedentary. So everything I work my hind end off to burn should equal pounds lost. In theory of course.

Anyway, I digress. It's actually a lot of work to make sure I eat 1800 calories. When you are eating good that is alot of food. I'm not complaining. Just an observation I've made this past week.

So that means WHEN (I almost said IF) I get to goal and am still going to the gym, I'm going to have to figure out how to eat 2300 calories a day for maintenance. Holy crap!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Alright...here it goes...

I HAVE BEEN ON A PLATEAU FOR A MONTH AND I CAN'T SEEM TO BREAK IT!!!

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm totally, totally frustrated and ready to toss in the towel.

I've lowered my cal intake, increased my cal intake, increased my workouts from 3 days running (with strength training after my runs) a week to 3 days running, 3 days strength and elliptical at the gym. What do I do now? Well, I just started the gym last week.....how long does it take before I see the affects of that? (I increased my time running to a total of 5-6 hours a week 2 weeks ago which didn't help at all)
  • 72lori
    Options
    Alright...here it goes...

I HAVE BEEN ON A PLATEAU FOR A MONTH AND I CAN'T SEEM TO BREAK IT!!!

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm totally, totally frustrated and ready to toss in the towel.

I've lowered my cal intake, increased my cal intake, increased my workouts from 3 days running (with strength training after my runs) a week to 3 days running, 3 days strength and elliptical at the gym. What do I do now? Well, I just started the gym last week.....how long does it take before I see the affects of that? (I increased my time running to a total of 5-6 hours a week 2 weeks ago which didn't help at all)

*hugs*

I wish I had the perfect answer for you. I'm sure you know from being on the black team and reading the boards, you are not alone. My first 35 pounds came off rather quickly, in a few months, losing every week with decent numbers.

It's been tooth and nail and a few backslides since the beginning of the year to get where I am now. That is 8 long frustrating months.

I was 164 pounds at the start of January and here I am the start of September at 154. I want to lose 10 more but realize it might take until next summer to accomplish that- as much as the thought makes me want to scream.

Don't throw in the towel. Even if the scale isn't moving, you are still living a much healthier lifestyle and the benefits of exercise are awesome! Had I thrown in the towel when I first started to plateau, I'd be right back to 200 pounds again.

You will figure it out. We are here for you. Plus, you didn't have your coffee this AM. :wink:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I am starving today, I am trying to figure out why and make healthy choices while eating. Trying to stay in my calories, I am been under all week so maybe that is why I am so hungry today!