LOOSE 10LBS IN A WEEK

Options
12346»

Replies

• fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    You simply don´t.
    There is no healthy way to lose 10 lbs in a week. It took me 5 weeks to lose 10 lbs.
  • ukjessi
    ukjessi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I personally can drop 2 dress sizes by flying to the USA.

But you would gain 2 shoe sizes?! Might be worth the trade. :happy:
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    wonders if it ever occurred to anyone that OP may be new to all this and not have all the facts? way to make someone feel stupid in a world of smart a**es! you should all be so proud of yourselves......experts and all, of course that's why we are all here, right! we all know everything? i for one used to think it was possible until i came here! thank god nobody made me feel stupid or i probably wouldn't have come back!

^^^THIS. Haven't seen the OP in this thread after her initial post. These responses are not what "pals" are supposed to do. :grumble:

The responses on here have been a lighthearted response to a question that in all seriousness, everyone already knows. If there was a healthy way to shed 10lbs of fat in a week then there wouldn't be a billion websites devoted to dieting!

If I wrote on a runners forum "Hey could someone please tell me how to run a marathon in in under an hour" then I would expect a little ribbing
  • F__7
    F__7 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Cut your sugar.... all the way... only get sugar thru natural sources... banana, strawberries and such... that would get you down very quick...

Also, minimize the bulk of food and replace with snacks and low fat/carb dinner....
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    wonders if it ever occurred to anyone that OP may be new to all this and not have all the facts? way to make someone feel stupid in a world of smart a**es! you should all be so proud of yourselves......experts and all, of course that's why we are all here, right! we all know everything? i for one used to think it was possible until i came here! thank god nobody made me feel stupid or i probably wouldn't have come back!

^^^THIS. Haven't seen the OP in this thread after her initial post. These responses are not what "pals" are supposed to do. :grumble:
    sorry you live in closed minded box where you think everyone knows and thinks like you:0( i'll say it again.....i thought it was possible before i came here! people don't know everything! alot of us get educated by coming here! just think we should not all assume what people know and don't know! i think the word is called..... IGNORANCE!

The responses on here have been a lighthearted response to a question that in all seriousness, everyone already knows. If there was a healthy way to shed 10lbs of fat in a week then there wouldn't be a billion websites devoted to dieting!

If I wrote on a runners forum "Hey could someone please tell me how to run a marathon in in under an hour" then I would expect a little ribbing
  • Wonderob
    Options
    sorry you live in closed minded box where you think everyone knows and thinks like you:0( i'll say it again.....i thought it was possible before i came here! people don't know everything! alot of us get educated by coming here! just think we should not all assume what people know and don't know! i think the word is called..... IGNORANCE!

Yes so people are telling her in a lighthearted manner

What makes you think that she would feel more stupid with these responses than she would by a patronising "Actually dear, you can't healthily lose 10lbs in a week"?

I know little about weight lifting so Ive asked some pretty stupid questions on the lifting forums and had plenty of ribbing. It's all in fun though so what's the harm?

The only REAL harm to be done would be if she was given false information, or indeed, none at all!
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Don't believe there is such thing as a stupid question! we'll just have to agree to disagree! i think if she thought it was light hearted she would have come back to the post but she didn't and scaring someone away is not light hearted:0(
  • Wonderob
    Options
    Don't believe there is such thing as a stupid question! we'll just have to agree to disagree! i think if she thought it was light hearted she would have come back to the post but she didn't and scaring someone away is not light hearted:0(

Well I guess only the OP knows if she was offended by the replies, and if she was then I would definitely apologise and be suitably ashamed. Don't think she was though
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    10lbs in one week? It is not healthy, but it can be done. The next week you will probably gain about three of it back but if you are aware then you can still keep moving forward.

I lost nine pounds my first week of MFP. I am 5 foot 5 inches - lowest calorie intake daily for me is 940. I did this for one week with my protein, carbs, and fat set also. I had to go through carb withdrawal which was hard but I wanted to jump start my change and to see if I could do it.

I ate 30% carbs, 30% fat, and 40% protein. I worked out for six days out of seven (40 mins of cardio for 4 days and the other two days was 20 min cardio & 20 min strength).
  • gmarriottfccla
    Options
    You definitely don't. At least you don't if you want it to be sustainable. You could lose 10 pounds by eating nothing and working out harcore every single day. And then gain at least half of it back the next week.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!