What is your most embarrassing "fat" moment in your life?

Options
love4ransom
love4ransom Posts: 67 Member
Everyone has embarrassing moments. I know some are willing to share them and I respect your decision if you chose not to share. I have a TON of moments that were so embarrassing that my first thought was, " I really need to lose weight NOW!"

I'll go first since I started this......About 2 years ago I was at sixflags with some friends. The superman ride just opened that weekend and I wanted to ride it so bad. I was 316lbs at the time. I was able to ride a lot of the rides. I thought," I've ridden most everything I wanted to ride today so I'm sure I'll be able to ride the new superman ride." Of all my friends that went with me, only one was actually interested in waiting in the long line to ride it. 3 hours later it's finally our turn to get in the seat. There were 3 seat belts and 2 of the 3 did not click. I tried and tried to suck it in but it wouldn't work. Even 2 of the workers tried their hardest to make the seat belt click. It was bad enough that 2 workers were trying to get me in, but what made it worse is that one was saying things like ," try to push it in," and ," maybe hold your boobs in and suck in at the same time." Tons of people in line started laughing and I just wanted to cry. And to top it all off, when my other friends asked me how the ride was, I had to tell them that I waited all the time in line and had to get off b/c I didn't fit.

Now that I've shared, what your most embarrassing "fat" moment?

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    My worst one was when I was dress shopping for my brothers wedding at lane bryant. I refused to accept that I was really too big for their clothes anymore. I kept trying to squeeze myself into the size 28s. I actually got stuck IN a dress. I pulled it up over my head and it just wouldnt go any farther. I pulled it back down and tried going down over my hips.... even less of a chance. So back over my head it went. It just wouldnt budge. my arms stuck up in the air.... I just cried. I finally had to ask for help from the sales lady to get out.
  • love4ransom
    love4ransom Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My worst one was when I was dress shopping for my brothers wedding at lane bryant. I refused to accept that I was really too big for their clothes anymore. I kept trying to squeeze myself into the size 28s. I actually got stuck IN a dress. I pulled it up over my head and it just wouldnt go any farther. I pulled it back down and tried going down over my hips.... even less of a chance. So back over my head it went. It just wouldnt budge. my arms stuck up in the air.... I just cried. I finally had to ask for help from the sales lady to get out.

I've had a moment similar. I was at the mall and I got stuck in a dress and I wound up ripping the dress b/c I was struggling so hard to get it off.
  • no_stemz
    no_stemz Posts: 47
    Options
    Interesting enough, mine was also a roller coaster that I didn't fit in at King's Dominion. I can't remember what it is called, but it is indoor and goes 0-70 in less than 3 seconds. I loved it when I was growing up, but when I was 22 I didn't fit in it. I didn't take a lot of time trying to fit, I knew it wasn't gonna happen the moment I sat down. I just cried.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    When I asked a fat girl when she was due when she wasnt even pregnant. Lesson learned.
  • jmobashrn11
    jmobashrn11 Posts: 120
    Options
    When I asked a fat girl when she was due when she wasnt even pregnant. Lesson learned.

Mine is similar - when someone asked ME if I was pregnant!
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options

You stole my answer :) only made it worse that my 6 month old was in the cart :(
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have a "fat moment" every time I go clothes shopping with my close friends from high school.

It seems like whenever they try on clothes, they fit perfectly. But when I try them on, they squeeze my fat and hang loose where they shouldn't...I look like a box on stick legs. Even when they're not around, I feel the same. So shopping for new clothes is extremely rare for me.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    When I went to sit at the end of the dinner table against the wall. My daughter was sitting there and fitted easy enough. I was doing something in the kitchen and I couldn't be bothered going to my seat around the other side squezing behind a bunch of people. My daughter had already left the table to play. Sooooo I went to sit in her seat, and I couldn't fit! the edge of the table was cutting into my gut! OMG people at the table were staring at me as I tried to casually bring the chair around the corner a bit while sucking in my gut. THAT WAS SO EMBARRASING
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Options

Ouch. Well, congrats on the 42 lb loss!
  • capri1652
    capri1652 Posts: 6
    Options

• jmobashrn11
    jmobashrn11 Posts: 120
    Options

42 lbs to go!! when i get there though i'll be super happy and hopefully no more questions about whether i'm with child or not
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    When my mom gave me her old fat clothes -.-
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Options

42 lbs to go!! when i get there though i'll be super happy and hopefully no more questions about whether i'm with child or not

Ohhh, my bad. You will get there!
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every time I've been at a booth in a restaurant and the frickin' table juts into my tummy fat.

Also, when I almost took out a row of chairs at my university's graduation because the rows weren't quite far enough apart for me to get through gracefully.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I was at the carnival and I wanted to get on the swings. Well...my *kitten* didn't fit into the swing seat..so I tried to force it in there. No go. Everyone pretty much pointed and laughed. Thing is...my *kitten* is really not that big.
  • BROscience_PHD
    BROscience_PHD Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    when i was 280lbs, i couldnt get on a roller coaster because the safety bar wouldnt go all the way down to lock. I was soo embarassed
  • Cliffy94
    Cliffy94 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    when i was younger probably about 13/14 and i was chubby at school and very low in confidence. I had a crush on a girl in my Spanish class, and i told her friend that i liked her. And she went across the room to tell the girl i liked, to which she shouted out 'euuurgghh as if i would go out with you' in front of the whole class! really hurt me and stuck with me for years. Funny thing was i saw the same girl i had the crush on at my local gym a few months ago, and she almost didnt recognise me, she was quite complimentary and flirty with me, i thanked her for her advances and then said no thanks!

Also many times at school being bullied from about 13-16 years old, the constant jibes and name calling by certain kids.
    Really sticks with you and still does today for me, even ten years later
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Well, I broke my grandmother's porch swing when I sat on it, which was probably the most embarassing. What hit me the hardest, however, was being turned away by the Red Cross when I went in for a regular blood donation. Something's seriously wrong when they choose not to take a unit of A- (my blood pressure was too high, which started when my weight hit a certain high point).
  • crickysue
    crickysue Posts: 67
    Options
    When my Dad said "Wow, you've gained som weight!" Gee thanks Dad:grumble:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    When I was getting measured for a corset with my friends in a renaissance club on campus and my waist was almost twice as big as most of my friends. Theirs were 28 inches, mine was 44. I've gotten a lot smaller since then though. XD