What is your most embarrassing "fat" moment in your life?

Options

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Easy. When I looked down and my stomach did not allow me the chance to look at my whoo haaa
  • megan120c
    megan120c Posts: 13
    Options
    When my ex-husband and I were in Wal-Mart shopping for clothes for my 3-month-old daughter.... I was going to go down an aisle but saw it was blocked... so, I started backing up to get back out of the aisle. He started saying "beep beep beep" (that noise that big trucks make when they back up) and then yelled "watch out, shoppers, wide load coming through". There were tons of people everywhere and they all started laughing. I was mortified.

Needless to say, the *kitten* and I are no longer married. My current husband would never act like that.

Glad your rid of him!

A guy said the exact same "wide load coming though" thing to me... To make it worse i was only 123 lb then! Then i got stuck in the yoyo diet phase.. putting on a LOT of weight by the end of it..
  • LisaGore1
    LisaGore1 Posts: 41
    Options
    When my ex-husband and I were in Wal-Mart shopping for clothes for my 3-month-old daughter.... I was going to go down an aisle but saw it was blocked... so, I started backing up to get back out of the aisle. He started saying "beep beep beep" (that noise that big trucks make when they back up) and then yelled "watch out, shoppers, wide load coming through". There were tons of people everywhere and they all started laughing. I was mortified.

Needless to say, the *kitten* and I are no longer married. My current husband would never act like that.
    I agree good thing he is gone what a jerk.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Last year, I was in Honduras. I knew only a little bit of Spanish yet understood when one girl asked me if I was pregnant. I responded (in Spanish) that no, I was just fat. That was 90 pounds ago though.
  • jennylea16
    jennylea16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    when my daughter in the 2nd grade cried because a boy in her class told her her mommy was fat.

Ouch. :( That's part of the reason I want to lose weight, I don't want my kids to have the "fat" mom. :(
  • jammypack
    jammypack Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was working at a high school in Japan. One of the teachers I worked with called me over from clear across the hall, on the other side of the building. She was one of the bold ones who'd say whatever was on her mind and got away with it because she was funny. I figured she wanted to comment on a lesson or give me some ideas for class. Maybe even tell a joke. I walked all the way over there and all she said was, "You're fat." Several of my students standing around all laughed at me. In Japan that kind of thing is often used as a point of humor. There is very little sensitivity toward weight issues. Pretty sure it was meant to be funny, but it made me feel crappy as hell. I wouldn't go up to an old person and say, "You're old," or an unattractive person and say, "You're fugly." I knew I'd let it go, but I wasn't happy about that fact. Her humiliating me in front of the kids I'm supposed to be teaching was not helping me feel good about myself. I guess I don't harbor any resentment though. For one, I can't blame her for something that is culturally acceptable whether or not it is OK by western standard. Plus, that was one of the motivating factors behind my staying on course with MFP. I don't want to feel like that again. I am looking forward to going back there some day to see her and doing a Ricky Lake Show twirl. "Look at me now!"
  • tipyourbartender
    tipyourbartender Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When we were unpacking after a move, my husband jokingly tried on a pair of my pants and they fit - with room. I tried to do the same but couldn't even get it past mid thigh :(
  • bkhfws
    bkhfws Posts: 11
    Options
    come on lets face it the most embarrassing "fat" moment is not being able to reach around and wipe things that need to be wiped because my hands are not that big.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Me and the hubby were living overseas, we were on vacation with a group of friends and we went swimming in the Black Sea, it was early May so the water was still pretty cold, so I got out to warm up, one of our friends asked why I got out of the water, I told him I was cold and needed to warm up, he said "You shouldnt be cold, you have blubber like a whale". Wow, I thought. Granted, he was Russian and didnt speak very good English, he said later that he didnt say it right, but I think the translation was VERY clear.
  • dkeeling0419
    Options
    Wow! Reading these posts reminds me how cruel and narrow minded people can be. I want to say I think you all are absolutely wonderful and we are all better and stronger as a result of our experiences.

Mine was a double whammy. My ex husband and I had just bought a new townhouse and our all of our neighbors came over to welcome us to the neighborhood. We welcomed everyone in and proceeded with introductions, receiving gifts, pastries; etc. My next door neighbor's 5 yr old daughter waits until the room is totally quiet then says, "you're fat like my mom" and starts laughing hysterically. Her mother bursts into tears and leaves then my daughter (4 yrs old at the time) screams, "my mommy isn't fat, she's beautiful, now get out of our house!"

We continued entertaining and when everyone left, I high-fived my daughter then gave her the biggest hug I could without smothering her. Thankfully my daughter doesn't remember and even though I try to stay positive, I will never forget that day.
  • bkhfws
    bkhfws Posts: 11
    Options
    I had one of those he called me Queen Kong
  • AnnMaryS
    AnnMaryS Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to going back there some day to see her and doing a Ricky Lake Show twirl. "Look at me now!"

THIS! :)
  • maews1
    maews1 Posts: 18
    Options
    hmmmmm...there are many fat moments but one in particular was a bit memorable.I was in the shower and heard a loud rumbling noise, l fianlly came to realise it was my washing machine,moving, and it does move when they get stuck around the spinner.So, i put on a top and a old pair of shorts that were somewhat snugand ran down the cellar and as i bent over i heard a loud rip,the shorts ripped from my behind from top to bottom..(no undergarments were on at this time).Good thing i was at home and not out at the store with those shorts. :laugh: .they ended up in the garbage after that!
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'll never forget in the sixth grade, I was 11-12 years old, this one boy that sat behind me called me names like "Fatso" every day. Really... every, single day. It played a huge role in leading me to anorexia at age 13-14. Now I'm just trying to be healthy and happy!

Yep, can relate! Freshman year of high school... Boy sat behind me calling me names, pulling my hair, and otherwise spending his time humiliating me however he could. Because I had gotten a temporary perm and had mouse in my hair, he started calling me the 'N' word and said I was trying to be black. I look back now and think the teacher really should have been fired for allowing this to happen. There's no way she couldn't know it was going on... I really hated that school. I remember his name to this day... I hope he ended up fat and balding with a serious case of STD's to boot.
  • jennylea16
    jennylea16 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    When I was about 13 or 14 I was learning how to ski, fell on the rope tow (I'm totally ungraceful)! and the attendant that was helping me up said "Somebody's been eating their wheaties". He didn't mean it as a compliment! Never forgot that.

Going out with friends and being the only one who doesn't get hit on.

I had a girl I work with tell me that I had a "nice big black bootie for a white girl." Now, I know that she meant it as a compliment, but it certainly didn't feel like one!
  • bpetlock
    bpetlock Posts: 109
    Options
    After I had my first child my sister got pregnant a couple of years later. During HER pregnancy I went to my Grandparent's 50th anniversary party and in the same day my Grandmother asked if I was "Getting fat" and my cousin (whom I hadn't seen in a while) asked when MY baby was due. I was stunned. I had been called fat twice in one day!!!
  • SomeMorr
    SomeMorr Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Interesting enough, mine was also a roller coaster that I didn't fit in at King's Dominion. I can't remember what it is called, but it is indoor and goes 0-70 in less than 3 seconds. I loved it when I was growing up, but when I was 22 I didn't fit in it. I didn't take a lot of time trying to fit, I knew it wasn't gonna happen the moment I sat down. I just cried.

Omg, the hypersonic.. that happened to me too on the same ride!
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    When the bar on a carnival ride almost didn't fit. Or going shopping with my friends and them telling me to try something on and I have to tell them that it's too small.
  • dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    having been asked if i was pregnant THREE times in my life. a couple of those times i didn't even think i was over-weight :( in front of friends too and once in front of my boyfriend. i was so so embarrassed.
  • k8ermarie
    k8ermarie Posts: 204
    Options
    "At Work"

I walked into the office of my companies CFO! (Chief Financial Officer)

She hasn't seen me in a while because I work in our other office. So, first thing she says is...

"Oh...oh my gosh. No one told me. When are you due?"

I was apalled but more thinking of how she would feel that I am not.

Calmly, I said, "Oh, I'm not! Just haven't gotten rid of the rest of my baby weight!"

Immediately, I could see how stupid she felt. Now, normally I wouldn't mind because that's just not the way you ask someone if they are pregnant! But she is a big wig at my company! Needless to say, she and I speak Hello to each other whenever we see each other and that's it! I am not mad, or hurt or holding a grudge. It's life, but she really has shyed away from me since!