Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    North or South Carolina, LOVE Boston, Virginia Beach
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Savannah Georgia is a great city to visit.

I love Boston, the Cape is a great day trip if you want a break from the city.

Philly is fun, as is Pittsburgh, both in Pennsylvania.

Portland is fun.

Denver/Boulder are also super fun, chill kind of cities.

Anywhere in Texas is pretty entertaining...

The Grand Canyon is a really amazing trip, as is Monument valley.

We're a really big country with a wide variety of cultures, sights, and cities...
  • jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If you come to New Orleans in Oct we have the Voodoo Festival on Halloween weekend!!!! And well this city is wonderful!!! The weather is also pretty nice that time of year!! The further southwest you go from New Orleans the more authentic the Cajun culture and food is. So come on down the bayou and pass a good time! :happy: :bigsmile:
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Boston is a million times better than NYC, so there of course.

It really depends on what you're looking to do and see and the time of year. There are some really amazingly, breathtakingly beautiful parts of New York state (NOT the city!). Look into the Finger Lakes Region, but avoid the weekend of the NASCAR race in Watkins Glen in August. There are vineyards and wine tastings there, beautiful lakes, lots of apple orchards. Autumn is a great time of year for that.

I also really like Georgia -- Atlanta, Savannah, St. Marys, Athens ... But you would want to go there in the cooler months unless you're going to the beach.

Atlanta is nice, but I LOVE Savannah! Summers are ok, but Fall is better. All the "kids" are back in school, and it is still warm enough to go to the beach.