Bad hair cut! WARNING PICTURES!

Options
12346»

Replies

• sharlowbrla
    Options
    Yikes! I have had some bad ones in my day but i think yours wins. I'm almost speechless.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Why did she decide to give you a tail?
  • 1969ned
    1969ned Posts: 219
    Options
    Did she use a knife and fork to cut it!! Poor you! :sad:
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    harsh !! i know how sad it is to lose your hair due to other people screwing it up..sorry love, at least it can be fixed and still have a little length :frown:
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    What a shocker - I rarely go to the hairdressers because I have had some bad cuts too. I have recently mostly done my own hair, using this method - and because yours is thick it would probably work. This is from the simple Savings website:
    http://www.simplesavings.com.au

QUOTE:
    It's best to wrap a towel around your shoulders before you do this; that way you can just shake the towel outside to get rid of the excess hair.
    Turn your head upside down and make a ponytail with your hand about 3-5 cm from your front hair line.
    Tie a hairband around the ponytail, keeping your head upside down.
    Then tie another hairband every 5 cm up the rest of the hair until you can't go any further and trim 2-4 cm of your hair (to get rid of split ends) with very sharp scissors.
    Undo the hair bands and brush. There you have it - a new layered hairstyle with minimum fuss and no cost! UNQUOTE

I have done this lots of times, it really does work :-) And let's face it, it couldn't be worse than it is now. You have my sympathy :flowerforyou:
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Well since you didn't go to a salon to get it cut, you could just tell her that you want to get everything blended better. I would go to someone who knows what they are doing. I think if you just cut the point off and get the layers blended it will look great! :) Also straightening it just seems to make the choppiness stand out. Good luck to you! :)
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    call the better business bureau and also call your cosmetology state board and file a complaint! that person should not be in business or should at least get penalized...I am a fully licensed cosmetologist and salon/ spa owner....it is absolutely unethical for people to be charging for such shoddy work IMO....

ps...oops sorry didn't realize it wasn't done at a salon, you're just out of luck then:( lesson learned I hope?
    but for anyone who has had this happen at a real salon and had to pay for it the above should still apply...eek!
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I totally sympathize! Last September I had a friend who said he'd gone to cosmetology school, so I invited him over to give me a haircut. I wanted a trim at the ends and my bangs. He decided to do some type of "artistic" asymmetrical 80's layering that looked like a bird's nest! I still paid him because I am a wuss and I coddle people from their own mistakes. Had to wait a month to fix it, too, until my student loans kicked in and I could go back to the more expensive salon that I trust.

Good luck on the hair! Glad to hear that it grows fast.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    THIS SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME... a few years ago. I was so pissed. Also, I had already gotten it cut short, but it looked like that in the back so I had to go even shorter. Oh well, it actually looked nice shorter, I'm sure you can work it!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Wow! Sorry about her doing a bad job!!! Maybe getting it cut short to have it even won't be a bad thing.
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Sorry if you mentioned this already, I didn't read through all the posts. Did she cut your hair while it was still curly? My sister had her hair cut by someone who did not know how to deal with curly hair and they cut it while it was in its most curly state and when she straightened it, it looks a lot like that. I did read that you said that she knew that she messed it up. If she knew she messed it up, why didn't she just fix it? On the other hand, I guess if I knew I screwed up someone's hair that badly, I wouldn't want to risk making it any worse.
  • Tangerine302
    Options
    Did you get your hair fixed yet?
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Yes. its all 1 length. I'll try and find a picture. ;)
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    557819_10151841767375184_1153697299_n.jpg
  • Tangerine302
    Options
    Oh it looks cute! It's still pretty long too! :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    This is why nobody cuts my hair but me.

It looks like she attempted the 'V' hemline and some layers. She done a hack job on you. I'm sorry :( I would write a bad review on her, and/or speak to her.

I would recommend longhaircommunity.com if you'd like some advice and support :)

EDIT;

I see you got it fixed. Never mind :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Sorry if you mentioned this already, I didn't read through all the posts. Did she cut your hair while it was still curly? My sister had her hair cut by someone who did not know how to deal with curly hair and they cut it while it was in its most curly state and when she straightened it, it looks a lot like that. I did read that you said that she knew that she messed it up. If she knew she messed it up, why didn't she just fix it? On the other hand, I guess if I knew I screwed up someone's hair that badly, I wouldn't want to risk making it any worse.

It's best not to cut curly hair while it wet/straight because it will behave differently when curly.

Best cut for curly hair is a Devacut ;)
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    557819_10151841767375184_1153697299_n.jpg

It looks lovely!