Calling All REAL animal lovers!!!

Options

Replies

• plbrown81
    plbrown81 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, it drives me crazy.
    I can't understand how people can actually EAT animals. Do they not think about what goes into it? Death, torture, etc.??!?!?!?

I'm a fairly recent vegetarian (since September/October) but I am so happy that i made this decision. I feel soooo much better about myself because of it.

Sine then, I can't help it, when I see someone eating cow, pig, chicken, etc., I just get really sad. I wonder, do they really understand what they are eating?

That's just part of it, of course. All the stray animals, I wish I could help, but I can't do everything myself. Animal cruelty ... UGH ... it drives me up the wall! I wish I could do MORE!!!

I am an animal lover, and have several times raised my own market animals. Beef, pork, lamb. If I'm going to eat it I'd rather raise it myself, know it was cared for and fed good quality food, and take responsibility for it when it comes time to go to the butcher. But the fact that I raised a pig from the time that it was 20 lbs until it was 250 lbs doesn't change the fact that I raised it for the express purpose of being my food...

In fact, I'm fairly certain I have a better idea of what goes into becoming a market animal than YOU do. I'm also aware that most market animals are not the same thing as your dog or cat. Try not to place the same "pet" value on a pig or a cow that you do on a dog or a cat...Not the same thing.

On the other hand, I believe that all animals have value in their own way. I don't believe that my life is any more sacred than that of a cow's or vice versa. I do not "belong" on this earth any more than any other animal, I was just lucky to be born human. I still have the same vulnerabilities - ie if a bear came along I'd be bear food - and therefore don't feel guilty about consuming animals. I feel so long as we respect the food we eat, and don't take more than we need, we're not doing any worse than the animal kingdom itself.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    We treat animals a lot like animals treat each other.
    Earth creatures eat one another.
    Welcome to reality.
    If somebody does not want to eat animal flesh, fine. Just don't snivel over the fact that most humans do.
    Life at the top of the food chain has its benefits.
    Buon Appetito
    600180_412912828749527_1148033529_n.jpg

I'm sure you would love being mistreated, underfed, farmed and then killed for your flesh to be eaten by creatures bigger than you. I have been vegetarian all my life have no problems with omnivornes. Just because you're a human doesnt mean you have to be ignorant. I do too believe animals were ment to be eaten, but to the extent.. Now they are farmed soley for meat.
  • MissGraziano
    Options
    Hate to say it, but even in the Bible animals are used as sacrifice or as a working animal.
    How do you define a "real" animal lover?
    Because I love animals. SO much I almost became a vet once-upon-a-time, I don't support certain things and I don't support the inhumane treatment of animals either. But how do you define a true lover?

The bible? The bible is a joke. Saying that animals are slaves of men because the bible says so is like saying women will always be inferior and are the reason sin exists.

I feel ya, OP. We have no right controlling the fate of animals. I, however, stopped caring that no one agrees with me.. You might as well sleep.

At least I can sleep a little better knowing someone else thinks the bible is a joke.

The bible is a joke.. The earth is also not 6000 years old. Science is the answer to everything.
    Inb4 bible quotes.

<3 Science.
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am a REAL animal lover. I love most all of them right next to the mashed potatoes.

Proud member of P.E.T.A.
    P.eople
    E.ating
    T.asty
    A.nimals
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I miss the Sundays where after church, Granny would open the back door and pick up the .22 and say "what chicken do you want tonight?" and blow its head off.

those were the days. best. chicken. ever.
  • MissGraziano
    Options
    THIS is what keeps you up at night? Do you think meat eaters are complete idiots? I am well aware that my chicken was a former live chicken. Same for my hamburger and my bacon. Animals had to die for it to be made. You have no problem with animals eating other animals, but humans (also animals) aren't supposed to eat animals? What kind of crazy hypocrisy is that!?!?

Once again.. I made it clear that this has nothing to do with vegetarianism.
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I miss the Sundays where after church, Granny would open the back door and pick up the .22 and say "what chicken do you want tonight?" and blow its head off.

Jealous... I want that fresh of meat. I am thinking I need to find a way to raise my own meat.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I think most people understand that the chicken breast they are eating came from a previously living animal.

Ehhhh. I don't think so. People are so divorced from food processes these days. Hehe, I remember this cute little video of a prank in a grocery store where there were "FRESH SAUSAGES" and the guy would give them some tasty sausage, and then when they wanted some to buy, he would pick up a little piglet and put it in this big box and then grind it with the sound of piggy squeals. MOST of the people were like gagging and trying to hurl up their sausage. Some were horrified about the painful grinding death, but the initial response was disgust and nausea.

Also, I notice most people I feed my whole fish to are disgusted by the head. Really? It's a damn fish. If you can't look it in the eye while you eat it, you don't deserve to eat it.. Or when they walk by asian markets that actually have ducks hanging - wah-wah-wah-gross-blah-blah.
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think there is room for all God's creatures, Right next to the mashed potatoes.:laugh:
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sorry dear, all animals are part of the food chain. Some less likely to be eaten than others.

Every animal is edible. Even I'm edible. But that my dear friend is called cannibalism. And it is frowned upon in most societies...

Awesome. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reference. Yes.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    ...i like IMAGINARY animals too! :smooched:
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    ‎"If God did not intend for us to eat animals, then why did he make them out of meat?" ~John Cleese

What do you think we are made out of? Chopped liver?
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Sorry dear, all animals are part of the food chain. Some less likely to be eaten than others.

Every animal is edible. Even I'm edible. But that my dear friend is called cannibalism. And it is frowned upon in most societies...

Awesome. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reference. Yes.

OH SWEET LAWD THANK YOU!! I was worried it was going to go over EVERYONE'S head...
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Jealous... I want that fresh of meat. I am thinking I need to find a way to raise my own meat.

I've got fresh gator meat in the freezer. you coming?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    BTW, if the killing of animals for eats is keeping you awake, then maybe you should take a walk outside and see other atrocities happening. Poverty, child hunger, drug abuse, uncureable diseases. There are alot of problems really one can lose sleep over. Not saying animal love isn't a noble cause but considering this is something that has been going on since the cave men time and something that a lot of other animals participate over too, maybe you should focus on real issues rather than telling others what to eat
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Why stress yourself because of others? If I let people get to me, I probably would have gone postal somewhere along the line, as I am sure many others would. Focus on yourself, do what you believe is right , and f@ck all the rest.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    We treat animals a lot like animals treat each other.
    Earth creatures eat one another.
    Welcome to reality.
    If somebody does not want to eat animal flesh, fine. Just don't snivel over the fact that most humans do.
    Life at the top of the food chain has its benefits.
    Buon Appetito
    600180_412912828749527_1148033529_n.jpg

I'm sure you would love being mistreated, underfed, farmed and then killed for your flesh to be eaten by creatures bigger than you. I have been vegetarian all my life have no problems with omnivornes. Just because you're a human doesnt mean you have to be ignorant. I do too believe animals were ment to be eaten, but to the extent.. Now they are farmed soley for meat.
    Who cares? They're food!:laugh: :laugh:
    I always find such sniveling delicious but not as much as the turkey I ate an hour ago....:drinker:
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    BTW, if the killing of animals for eats is keeping you awake, then maybe you should take a walk outside and see other atrocities happening. Poverty, child hunger, drug abuse, uncureable diseases. There are alot of problems really one can lose sleep over. Not saying animal love isn't a noble cause but considering this is something that has been going on since the cave men time and something that a lot of other animals participate over too, maybe you should focus on real issues rather than telling others what to eat

Find it funny because she never mentioned eating animals and denied the comment. Everyone took into account that animal lovers means vegetarians... Not the case.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I love the self-righteousness in this thread

"Bash anyone who wants to eat meat"

"Bash anyone who believes in religion"

"All of my personal believes are perfectly fine and there is absolutely nothing wrong with my mentality. Its everybody else who is crazy!"
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    If this is what keeps you up at night, I hope you know that there are millions of people on this Earth that would switch places with you in a heartbeat.....

...firstworldproblem...
This discussion has been closed.