Popcorn anyone? This is getting good...

[munch munch munch]
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I love the self-righteousness in this thread

"Bash anyone who wants to eat meat"

"Bash anyone who believes in religion"

"All of my personal believes are perfectly fine and there is absolutely nothing wrong with my mentality. Its everybody else who is crazy!"

I wasn't denying your beliefs or "bashing" anyone about it. My beliefs are my own and if you believe in god, eating animals or so forth go right ahead.
    The bible? The bible is a joke. Saying that animals are slaves of men because the bible says so is like saying women will always be inferior and are the reason sin exists.

At least I can sleep a little better knowing someone else thinks the bible is a joke.

The bible is a joke IMO. Shrug.
    People here are making jokes about the OP and sniding about how animals are so tasty ect. Cool, we get theyre tasty but this is not what the thread is about. Is that ignorance or just stupidity?
  • mishimouse101
    mishimouse101 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would add to your animal cruelty list catching and releasing fish for sport-if they are too mall to be a legal catch, O.K,. but otherwise, NO, just cruel.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I can tell this topic is going to get shut down soon...lol
  • lovecrescendo
    lovecrescendo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am TOTALLY on the same boat with you girl!! Like, COMPLETELY.

And everyone says that animals are part of the food chain... but...
    1. If you look at a human's body vs. a carnivore's body (an animal that is SUPPOSED to eat other animals) we are not equipped to eat meat... much longer intestinal tract... no canines (don't give me the crap about our 'canines' --- REAL flesh-eating canines do just that -- rip through raw skin and flesh and muscle. Try that with a human's puny 'canines', won't work), no claws, etc...

2. EITHER WAY, if we WERE supposed to eat animals that in no way excuses us from torturing them as we do. It's horrendous.

And anyone who is using the bible as their excuse... unless you're willing to follow EVERYTHING ELSE the bible tells you to then don't even go there. Besides, the most famous phrases from the bible are "Love thy neighbor" and "Thou shalt not kill."

What I really hate is these people who think animal cruelty toward cats/dogs/horses is absolutely terrible but when it comes to chickens/cows/things we eat it's okay
    If you're against the slaughter of horses you should DEFINITELY be vegan... even if you're against animal cruelty in general. Don't call yourself an 'animal lover' if you support the torture that these animals you 'love' endure every single day.
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My cat started to kill a bird today, but then he thought about how the bird has rights and chose a cucumber from our garden instead.

:flowerforyou:
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I never said animals weren't meant to be eaten, although I don't eat them. I am a science major. I know and love the circle of life. I am saying that Earth was not made for humans and animals were not made solely for the purpose of serving humans.

I think I get what you're saying here.
    I don't think they're here to serve us either. I think they're here to be companions and learn from.
    Though sometimes they're tasty with BBQ sauce that doesn't exactly make us "superior".
    Am I close?:huh:

Haha. You my dear, are correct.

YAY ME!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    My favorite part of my morning routine is sitting on the porch with my coffee and watching the local birds, squirrels and cats get their breakfasts. Even try to keep the grass a little on the "long" side so it's better for those early morning bug treats :wink:
  • MissGraziano
    Options

I hope so, I'm over it haha! Got some support and any last remaining thread of hope in humanity I had shred to pieces. All done!
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    ‎"If God did not intend for us to eat animals, then why did he make them out of meat?" ~John Cleese

What do you think we are made out of? Chopped liver?
    Awe, my liver isnt chopped, but your brain is obviously scrambled. I eat all kinds of meat, and I LOVE it! I've even raised and butchered my own pigs, cows, and goats, butchered a calf once too, and its soooooooo good! They only wiggle for a minute.

That kind of comment is completely unnecessary..
  • CassieReannan
    Options
    ‎"If God did not intend for us to eat animals, then why did he make them out of meat?" ~John Cleese

Awe, my liver isnt chopped, but your brain is obviously scrambled. I eat all kinds of meat, and I LOVE it! I've even raised and butchered my own pigs, cows, and goats, butchered a calf once too, and its soooooooo good! They only wiggle for a minute.

My brain is scrambled? Um. I dont think so. Humans are made out of flesh and organs just like the animals you just said. They may be animals but are still alive, this is not about eating animals. Read the original post.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I love the self-righteousness in this thread

"Bash anyone who wants to eat meat"

"Bash anyone who believes in religion"

"All of my personal believes are perfectly fine and there is absolutely nothing wrong with my mentality. Its everybody else who is crazy!"

I wasn't denying your beliefs or "bashing" anyone about it. My beliefs are my own and if you believe in god, eating animals or so forth go right ahead.
    The bible? The bible is a joke. Saying that animals are slaves of men because the bible says so is like saying women will always be inferior and are the reason sin exists.

At least I can sleep a little better knowing someone else thinks the bible is a joke.

The bible is a joke IMO. Shrug.
    People here are making jokes about the OP and sniding about how animals are so tasty ect. Cool, we get theyre tasty but this is not what the thread is about. Is that ignorance or just stupidity?

Bolded again since you clearly don't bash people of religion.

People are making snide comments because of you and the OP's self-righteousness. And yes, people like me DO think animals are tasty. Hence why we eat them. Thats not stupidity. Thats my taste buds.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    My cat started to kill a bird today, but then he thought about how the bird has rights and chose a cucumber from our garden instead.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I was a vegetarian since 1993. This thread just convinced me to start eating meat.
    I never cared what anyone else put in there bodies.
  • teacupowl
    teacupowl Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm a total animal lover, but I realize, as a human, I'm naturally an omnivore. But I try to buy free-range and cruelty-free whenever possible. All my eggs come from my sister-in-law's chickens - and they're so much better tasting than the mass market chicken farms! I also regularly purchase locally hunted deer meat. :)

But I think the whole point of this thread is not whether you eat meat, but whether we have a right to treat animals only as slaves. Personally, I don't. Animals are beautiful and intelligent in their own ways. They have souls and can show affection and kindness just like any human. I definitely plan to have chickens and sheep/goats (and maybe a pig!) in the future - but they will not be for eating, they will be loving. :D
  • MissGraziano
    Options
    I never said animals weren't meant to be eaten, although I don't eat them. I am a science major. I know and love the circle of life. I am saying that Earth was not made for humans and animals were not made solely for the purpose of serving humans.

I think I get what you're saying here.
    I don't think they're here to serve us either. I think they're here to be companions and learn from.
    Though sometimes they're tasty with BBQ sauce that doesn't exactly make us "superior".
    Am I close?:huh:

Haha. You my dear, are correct.

YAY ME!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    My favorite part of my morning routine is sitting on the porch with my coffee and watching the local birds, squirrels and cats get their breakfasts. Even try to keep the grass a little on the "long" side so it's better for those early morning bug treats :wink:

Yes!!! Everyone should be like you! :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

My brain is scrambled? Um. I dont think so. Humans are made out of flesh and organs just like the animals you just said. They may be animals but are still alive, this is not about eating animals. Read the original post.

Actually brains ARE scrambled. I used to eat goat brains. They kinda taste like scrambled eggs except yummier
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Nah, they only shut down fun threads. They let the ones with mean spirited comments roll on.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I agree with you. Humans suck.
    that's why I don't eat them....I mean as food....:tongue:
  • MissGraziano
    Options
    I'm a total animal lover, but I realize, as a human, I'm naturally an omnivore. But I try to buy free-range and cruelty-free whenever possible. All my eggs come from my sister-in-law's chickens - and they're so much better tasting than the mass market chicken farms! I also regularly purchase locally hunted deer meat. :)

But I think the whole point of this thread is not whether you eat meat, but whether we have a right to treat animals only as slaves. Personally, I don't. Animals are beautiful and intelligent in their own ways. They have souls and can show affection and kindness just like any human. I definitely plan to have chickens and sheep/goats (and maybe a pig!) in the future - but they will not be for eating, they will be loving. :D

Yep! That's exactly what this was about! Nothing to do with vegetarianism. :) I like your post.
  • CassieReannan
    Options

Actually brains ARE scrambled. I used to eat goat brains. They kinda taste like scrambled eggs except yummier
    [/quote]

Facepalm.gif
This discussion has been closed.