MFP Left-Handers Stand up and be Proud!!

Options
_EmmaStrong_
_EmmaStrong_ Posts: 648 Member
Being left-handed is a unique trait that less than 15% of the worlds' population possess. There are more men than women left-handers. Left-handers are creative, inventive and athletic. Left-handers can actually see more easily underwater and are excellent swimmers. We also excel in sports such as tennis and fencing. Not to mention - we have the advantage in fist fights. Our opponent can't see that "left punch" coming.

Some famous left-handers include: Female - Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansson and Angelina Jolie
Male - Tom Cruise, Bruce Willis, Sly Stallone, Luke Perry, and Jim Carrey
Not to mention - Leonardo da Vinci, Michaelangelo, Mozart, Beethoven and Albert Einstein
I won't list any Politicans, since they're all idiots!

This is really cool - National Left-Handers Day is August 13!

So, are you left-handed? Do you use your left-hand for everything? Or, do you also use your right hand for some things?

I am left-handed, but I do use my right hand for scissors and most tools. I bat with my right, also. I use both hands in tennis. I also, use my calculator with either hand. But, I am a proud left-hander!

Replies

• beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Left handed here!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I am left handed...really ambidextrous but I use my left for eating so that settles it for me :)
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Lefter right here! ;)
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hola
  • kristalael
    kristalael Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm a proud lefty!! *raises left hand!* :happy:
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I use my left hand sometimes.
  • RDalton84
    RDalton84 Posts: 207
    Options
    Left handed here but I have to say I am not very artistic at all, not very good at sports and cannot open my eyes under water lmao so I must be a weird lefty but I am completely useless with my right hand so I know I was meant to be a lefty. My husband on the other hand SHOULD have been left handed but was forced to be right handed in grade school and he is athletic and very artistic, go figure lol
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I use my left hand for most things. My mom and grandma are both left handed as well as my brother is right handed. So it's the majority in our house. Yaaaay. :D
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat ambidextrous. I use my left hand for fine motor skills like eating and writing, but I am right handed when it comes to sports or any major motor skills. I'm not artistic, but I am somewhat creative and I am good at sports.
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm a lefty! Can't think of anything significant that I do with my right hand. It may as well not even exist. :laugh:
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm a lefty! I'm kinda athletic, pretty creative but not at all artistic. And I actually took tennis and swim lessons for years as a kid and was on my school's swim team for 6 years.

I bat with my left hand but thrown and kick with my right side. Everything else? Lefty.
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    southpaw right here :flowerforyou:
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Leftie here. Although on most things I am ambidextrous (I think I spelled that right, lol).
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm left handed to write with but can use my right too just a bit scruffy lol, everything else is done right handed, my 11 yr old son is the same as me and my 9 yr old daughter is right handed for everything except eating which she does left handed, genetics is a funny thing, by the way my mum and brother are totally left handed x
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm a lefty born to two right-handed parents. I believe there is only a 3% chance of that happening. My five year old son was right-handed from day one but I have an almost 2 year old daughter that uses her left hand a lot so there is still hope for her! :happy:
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Total lefty here, in all sports and activities, except golf.
    I had an uncle who coached me in the sport early on who put a right handed club in my hands and refused to let me play left handed, and it stuck.
    My parents, kids, grandkids, all right handed.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Total lefty here, aside from using my computer mouse.

I'm artistic in a craft kind of way.
  • kymivivid
    kymivivid Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm a lefty for writing but use scissors in my right hand. Do a fair few other things with my right hand too. Whenever I try something new I have to try it with both hands to see which is gonna work for the task at hand lol
  • missmorninglory
    Options
    Lefty here. Ever try to teach right-handed kids to tie their shoes? Good times :P
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I'm ambidextrous. That's the only way I play for both teams though.