MFP Left-Handers Stand up and be Proud!!

Options

Replies

• GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    well I am in good company! I 'm 100% left handed. It would be cool to be friend lefties.
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    Left handed... I use my left hand for everything except controlling a computer mouse.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Fellow south-paw. I do most things left -handed. I'm also left-footed.

I can use the calculator, shoot pool, and bowl with my right-hand but I wouldn't say I'm good at any of that. LOL
  • StirFriedGiblets
    Options
    I'm left handed despite my grandparents trying to change that! :laugh: Outta the six of us at home half are left handed, half are ginger and I'm the only one with green eyes (rest are blue-eyed) strange huh?

My boyfriend calls me "cack-handed" the cheeky bugger!
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly left-handed, but I golf, bat, kick, and shoot right-handed. I think I wouldn't make it if I had to do fine-motor-skills sort of things with my right hand...it's useless that way. :-)
  • flstarlady65
    flstarlady65 Posts: 129
    Options
    I am a lefty and do almost everything left handed. I have a sister a cousin and uncle that are also lefties.

Recent Left handed Presidents: George W. Bush, Bill Clinton and President Obama!!

We are in our Right Mind!
  • laurenr85
    laurenr85 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm a lefty!!! Only thing I do right handed is cut with scissors and use my computer mouse. I'm definitely creative and athletic. My dad and grandpa are the only left-handers I know of in my family.
  • aperfectionista
    aperfectionista Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am a lefty! let's all be friends!
  • BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    southpaw here! as a child, i did gymnastics right handed. i use scissors righthanded b/c no place ever has LH scissors! everything else is lefthanded.
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    southpaw here, too! i do everything leftie except use scissors, a computer mouse and ... one other unmentionable ... :blushing:
  • nswars
    nswars Posts: 2
    Options
    I am left handed!!! I do almost everything with my left hand but since no one else in my family is left handed I learned to play most sports the right handed way. I am always having to adjust to the right handed world haha.
  • wendyt77
    wendyt77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am a lefty too! I only use my right hand to use scissors & computer mouse. In my house of 5, my daughter is the only right hander. :happy:
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    Im a leftie...well kind of!! I write with my left hand, brush my teeth and put my make-up on with my left hand but everything else right handed!! not very artistic but I can be quite creative when I have time!! I'm the only one in my family and proud of it!! :smile:
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Left-handed. When I was a baby and started picking up things with my left hand, my father tried to make me use my right hand and blamed my mother because she used to sit in front of my highchair at feeding time and hand me stuff with her right and he swore I was mirroring her. His attempts never worked.

I've learned to be minorly ambidextrous when it comes to some things, mostly using my jewelry tools or certain mediums when I'm drawing/painting. I did manage to learn how to draw with my right hand using the computer mouse for 4 years. I couldn't afford a digital drawing tablet back then and I wanted to draw digitally so I just worked with my right hand. I can also eat with my right, I learned that when I had 4 different surgeries on my left arm when I was 19 and the bandaging was almost to my shoulder for roughly a month.

My boyfriend was born left-handed as well but his mother was more adamant about which hand he used so he's a righty now.

I've actually had people be bothered with me using my left hand and I'm never sure why. Go to sign a receipt and a cashier makes the comment, "oh... you're left-handed...." like I just gave her bad news. I've had people in restaurants stare as I eat, especially when I was a kid. It was like they were thinking I was experimenting with the "wrong" hand and just waiting for me to drop food on myself.
  • mrpearson253
    mrpearson253 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Do most things lefty, even scissors (adapting to the right handed world I guess), bat, throw, play tennis, but I eat with mostly with my right. Go figure. But the only left-hander in my entire family...on both sides!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Aww I'm a lefty too! But I do a ton of things with my right hand like cutting with scissors :)
  • taxacctdfw
    taxacctdfw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    100% left handed. And I am very accident prone :( I love being left handed. !!!!
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Born a lefty, school tried to force traditional right handed practices...
    I WON! Still a lefty and proud of it! :bigsmile:
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Left-handed and -footed here! :-) The only thing I do right-handed is eat finger foods, everything else is southpaw!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    lefty! when i first got my job, i had to specifically ask for a pair of scissors that wasn't already molded for a righty.

Ever notice how gas pumps are set up for righty's too? As if the gas line never seems to twist the right way!