MFP Left-Handers Stand up and be Proud!!

Options

Replies

• mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm left handed and so is my oldest son :)
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Im a leftie!!

I shoot with my left, but i swing a bat with my right. The Mouse on th PC is with the right. everything else LEFTIE
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    proud lefty here....please let me sit at the end of the table so I don't bump elbows with you!! :)
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Left handed here. I've also heard lefties are more emotional and better in math.:drinker:
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I considered myself a lefty even though I'm really mixed dominant. I write and eat with my left hand, but I play guitar and sports right-handed.

Left-handed Myths & Facts
    http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4310
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Oh and I do everything with my left hand. In sports that involve rackets I can use both hands though.
    My boyfriend is only left handed when he writes! Everything else he's right handed! I call him not a true lefty ;)
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm a righty, but I could switch hit like a f*cking beast in my bad@ss softball days.
  • mcginger1
    mcginger1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Lefty's Represent!! :)
  • rosiewantsaburger
    Options
    such a lefty..i practically walk in circles! But i heard that left handed people have lease of a live span.... something like we are more likely to jump in front of a bus??
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am left handed and use my left hand for pretty much everything. I always like how when someone is trying to show you how to do something, they can't figure out how to do it because you are left handed.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Lefty! Both of my parents are righty's, grandparents were righty's so I have no idea where I got it!
    Bat left handed, but catch right.
    Bowl left handed
    Tennis left handed
    Kick left footed
    Artistically inclined in a crafty sort of way. I also crochet left handed, so I basically taught myself. One grandmother had to use her left hand after a stroke, so as part of her therapy she took up cross stitch lefty. So, I guess we taught that to eachother in a way.
    Use lefty scissors in my right hand :huh:
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It's nice to have someone post this! But you also failed to mention that unfortunately we have:
    1- a shorter life expectancy
    2 - and while we're also athletic, we are accident prone - due to the world being tooled for the right handed world.

Also of note, there's quite a few serial killers who were left handers - Jack the Ripper, the Boston Strangler and Jeffery Dalmer. My dad gave me a book about being left handed when I was a kid (he was born a leftie as well but the nuns beat that right outta him!

I'm 100% left handed. My right hand is like a spleen...entirely useless.
  • noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Two fellow lefties have mentioned guitar, and both play right-handed. I'd really love to learn to play someday, and have even considered getting myself a loaner or rental and a few lessons as a reward for continued dedication to health and fitness. The issue of whether to try to learn left or right handed is a stumbling block, and there are good arguments either way. Anyone care to chime in with their experiences? Much appreciated. :flowerforyou:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am left handed but can only use my mouse with my right hand
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    <--BOO-YAH!! Club Card Carrying Member Left here. ( See... see what I did right thar? )

"If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handed people are in their right minds."
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Southpaw!! My daughter is also a lefty and it appears her daughter will be as well!!

Look out righties!! We are multiplying!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I use my left-hand for everything but mousing. Makes working on a computer so much easier...mouse with my right while I'm writing with my left! Let's see a right handed person pull that off!

Haha that's what I thought! I use the mouse with my right hand, that just came naturally because I need my left hand free to write etc. Yet right handers still use the mouse with their right hand :/

This is the same logic I applied to using bats or racquets. Ex: badminton. I cannot throw/serve with my right hand to save my life, so I learnt to use the racquet with both hands, and would naturally throw with my left.
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    I am a lefty

I was a music major (creative), went to culinary school (creative), played tennis in college, love to swim, and decorate cakes (creative, too!!!)

I hate fitting a stereotype... LOL!!
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I use my left hand for mostly everything, I love being left handed i had a boss once and she didnt want anyone working on her line who was left handed and if you were she would do her best to make your day hell why do people always hate on the leftys:smile:
  • lilscuder
    lilscuder Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm Left-handed and Proud of it ! However with that being said. I only use my left hand to eat and write. I do Everything else right handed. I am what you call very Ambidextrous. :laugh: