Most enjoyable exercise

Options

Replies

• 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I am in love with ZUMBA!!! I can't get enough of it. I go 3-4 times a week (more if I can fit it into my schedule).

me too, plus throw in a kickboxing and a yoga class!:laugh :
  • Iweigh139
    Iweigh139 Posts: 8
    Options
    Bicycling and Yoga ! :glasses:
  • artnun
    artnun Posts: 7
    Options
    I am lucky to have a small spring fed lake which used to be a quarry 100 years ago, it has high cliffs, wood land, and lots of wildlife, including blue herons, eagles, and once i spotted a badger!

I can swim around the perimeter and checkout the wildlife I do a lifeguard style head out of the water breaststroke and sidestroke. it takes about 45 minutes and I feel refreshed in both body and spirit when I am done.

also I agree with dancing as a great form of exercise, In the past I have done contra dancing, its fast paced, and an hour goes by without even thinking!
    thanks for posting, I enjoyed all the good exercise ideas,
  • juliepapillon
    Options
    i really enjoy zumba as well. What catagorie under excersise would i put zumba..would it be concidered cardio?
    thank you for your help
    Julie
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    For me it's running. There's absolutely nothing like a good long run along the river to work the body and clear the mind.
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    Stationary bike, rowing, elliptical, and running. I like the bike the best because it's the easiest to keep up the tempo with the music I like.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Swimming, followed by nautilus weight training!
  • jazzmatazz29
    jazzmatazz29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Roller Skating is my absolute favorite thing to do! Indoors, I'd skate outdoors if I could but I hit a small crack and fall every time... so used to indoor rinks.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Swimming!

^^ This swam two miles this morning :)
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    By itself? probably swimming, an hour of solid swimming and I feel fantastic.

I've been really enjoying my shoulder workouts recently, mostly because of the increased definition in the muscle fibers.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Right now it is walking out of doors. Spiritual high as well as physical
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Karate!
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    starts with an s and ends with an x.

seriously though i'd have to say weight lifting.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Just about any sport, but particularly volleyball or football (American, not soccer...although, I enjoy both). Also, hiking in the mountains.
  • xypop
    xypop Posts: 7
    Options
    I love going to my martial arts class! I have such a good time and I learn loads of awesome things. I'm not sure how many calories I burn but I think is quite plenty. I also like doing Turbo Jam. I guess I just love punching and kicking in general. ;D
  • KeRAWRi
    KeRAWRi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    tae kwon-do, weight lifting, swimming, tennis, etc.
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    spin class...*dreamy sigh* hurry up tomorrow!!!
  • juliepapillon
    Options
    that is fantastic. Keep up the amazing work.
    Julie
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My exercise can not be said on here because of the restrictions....but I think many agree that it is their favorite too :laugh: :smile: you can burn up to 200 calories during one time. However, my favorite exercise has to be beach volleyball or any sports related exercise

200 cals...hooraah I need to start logging that...jk
  • Whooleeah
    Whooleeah Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    it's Zumba first thing in the morning and in the evening I love swimming, great way to burn calories and spend quality time with my love bugs:glasses: