I don't like veggies or exercise :(

Options

Replies

• Exquizyt
    Exquizyt Posts: 33
    Options
    Find different ways to eat them :). Even if it means putting cauliflower in your mashed potatoes.

I used to HATE water. Prior to calorie counting I drank a lot of soda/juice. I wanted to stop drinking my calories, and started to drink crystal lite packets ALL of the time. It's been expensive to keep drinking all of that crystal lite, so I started to incorporate water into my day. Now I drink water all of the time, and don't even think about it.

I guess, my point is that if you slowly incorporate veggies into your meals you may find you don't mind them :).
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think Veggies are yum....Surely there is a veggie out there you like :) I love various squashes....my favorite is Zuchinni so much you can do with it!

As far as exercise I'm the laziest brat you'll ever meet! LOL...but I have changed my mindset and keep telling myself I love it! Eventually you believe yourself. I don't let myself do anything I like (ie video games) until after I've exercised.

You can also eat veggies in a hidden way try throwing them in your eggs :) yum! Tonight I made a homemade sauce that has mushrooms, zuchinni, onion, jalapenos, with seasonings and passata instead of buying jarred spaghetti sauce.
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I love working out and I love healthy food. I don't get all weird with my health food like I've noticed some people doing, but to each their own. I just eat the normal veggies: green beans, beans, brussel sprouts, squash, corn, sweet potatoes, potatoes, asparagus, etc... and I eat all of this stuff whole, as in, not canned or processed in any way. And I'm not really a fancy cook so everything I eat is generally just tossed with lemon juice, garlic, onion, olive oil, and similar things. It is a habit that you have to get into, but once you're used to it you really love the way you eat. I know I do anyway.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I hate being fat more than anything, so that trumps the asparagus I won't eat or the track I won't jog.
    To keep from being fat I'd eat roaches and do push ups in horse manure.
    Nothing is worse to me than being fat.:glasses:

I was miserable.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    After eating right and exercising even when I didn't want to -- my body adjusted to the new things, and began to associate the taste of vegetables with feeling energetic and awesome. Your body will catch up if you just stick with it.
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    I don't like exercise while I am doing it. But the rewards make it enjoyable. Sort of like Pavlov's Dogs, I guess.

As far as vegetables, well... I HATE most of them. I have found some that I find relatively enjoyable, so I try to eat them often to get my daily allowance in. I also eat fruits when I can. It's just a necessary fuel, so... just bite the bullet. Or rather, the brusselsprout.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I love veggies. I used to dislike many of them, but i toyed with them and figured out which food and spice combinations would make them enjoyable to me. I will eat and enjoy almost any veggie now. I still don't enjoy most kinds of exercise, but i love how i feel afterwards. The work is work, but th rewards are totally worth it.
  • chelseyjoan
    chelseyjoan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i don't like vegetables, at all, esepecially cooked!
    and i also don't like meat very much, i like steak or chicken breast and get sick of it very quickly!
    i lovelovelove carbs, and for me that's the enemy,
    so it has been hard!

working out, i dread starting the work out but when i convince myself to do it and get into the routine then i do actually enjoy it!
  • rosiewantsaburger
    Options
    Love veg.
    Exercise is fun wen listening to music and it's very satisfying wen you think of how well your doing...
    Just how i feel! ;)
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Theres nothing that says you have to eat vegetables. If you dont like them that much, dont eat them and find a way to get the nutrients elsewhere? I think a lot of people mainly use them to bulk up meals anyways, so if you dont have an issue with keeping calories down you dont necessarily NEED to eat them
  • steph71195
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of veggies, either, but I eat a lot of fruit. It's sweet, so maybe you'll think it tastes nice! things like strawberries, apple, banana, melon, grapes etc. Most people like those.
    As for exercise, I never look forward to it, but I feel crappy if I don't and much, much better afterwards. Like the nike slogan, just do it! you'll appreciate the benefits a lot
    also try different types of exercise, swimming, cycling, zumba, dancing, team sports or individual, or simply trying to walk more and at a fast pace can help :)
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE veggies!!! They really are some of my favorite foods!!! I would actually choose many of them over most other foods.
    I prefer certain exercises to others. I love to go to the pool and swim, I love riding my bicycle, I love to do a good Tae Kwon Do workout. I also love to go on long walks with my kids or alone. I am not fond of things like running or using gym machines because it just feels too much like exercise. I do enjoy finding out what my body can do for me and do to make me feel better by moving. It can be great to move and add muscle and tone to the body.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I love veggies especially of someone else makes them! Love salad again if someone else cuts up the veg. I did not love exercise at first BUT I now love it. I love the kick of endorphins. I actually enjoy the sweat and the burn and the feeling of accomplishment when it is done. I say stick with it and don't think of it as a diet. Also find physical activity you find fun. Then you can exercise have a hobby loose weight and enjoy yourself. I love zumba, I live to horse back ride and I have started to enjoy lifting.
  • Lasirenn
    Lasirenn Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Vegetables, as someone else said, are somewhat of an acquired taste, but really the secret is learning how to prepare them and finding ones you like. There are way too many vegetables to choose from for you not to like any or feel like you have to choke down ones you do not like. Spinach tastes good lightly salted and sauteed with garlic. Sweet potatoes taste great baked and eaten with a pat of butter and sprinkled with cinnamon. Or you can eat eat vegetable soup or eat things like carrot sticks and sliced bell pepper with hummus. I think the mistake a lot of people make is thinking they have to eat vegetables plain. You don't. They usually won't taste good. I know I wouldn't like unseasoned meat.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Find something that is healthy you like to eat and an exercise that you have fun doing, it doesn't have to be lifting weight or anything, it can be volleyball, baseball, frisbee, etc. anything that keeps you active :smile:
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    yes. I love healthy food (especially tasty veggies) and exercise. You get used to it. Find something you like to do. It doesn't have be torture or going to the gym. go for a bike ride.
  • auria17
    auria17 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Veggies - Ya they suck, made a new years res to eat more raw, so I ate it. Period. Dress it up but just make yourself eat them. Start small then work more in till you have some with every meal. Try as many different ones as you can, but make sure you don't fill your plate with high Glycemic ones or you will just be filling yourself with carbs. Eat fruits, again variety to keep you happy. If you can do this for six weeks then you can keep doing it.

Exercise - The hardest thing is getting yourself dressed and started, after twenty minutes you start to feel good, ahh the endorphine high. And this is what we all strive for, once you make it past six weeks of consistant working out, you won't want to stop and you will start to feel crapy when you don't exercise.
  • badgirlturnedgood
    Options
    i love the healthy food & i love the exercise & the way it makes me feel ,ie strong ,confident ,slimmer ,happier & the boost of adrenaline rush during a workout .
    Problem with me is my brain even though it is all good & i enjoy it all ,it still each day tries to tell me not to do it ,to not bother today ,my problem is not the food or the exercise its the staying power to keep it going & fitting it all into a busy lifestyle .
    I can for sure say that prior to the regime ,no i did not like the unhealthy food makes you feel fat ,bloated ,sick & doesnt taste as good & life without exercise makes you fat ,unconfident ,unhappy ,tired ,lazy & feel 10 years older than you actually are !
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I love vegetable and working out! I love the transformation I have gone thru with both! Along with Shakeology, I don't have any problem getting my daily requirement of fruits and vegetables + MORE Vegetables! <3!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I LOVE vegetables, always have. Brussels sprouts are my FAVORITE, with asparagus and broccoli being close seconds, but I will eat just about any vegetable. I would HONESTLY prefer a vegetable over a cheeseburger. Maybe not chocolate, though...

The only real exercise I love is walking, so I do that the most. The other things I do because I know they are good for me. I don't HATE them, I just get though them. lol