TOPIC: Ready to Rock it! - 12 Week Challenge (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• surferfreak07
    surferfreak07 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Loving the group's loss this week! Well done to everyone that lost this week and congrats to the biggest losers!

In other news my interview yesterday went very well! Within 10 minutes of leaving I had an email saying they wanted me back for a second interview so I'm super excited about that!

I hope everyone has a great week, I've had the sniffles today so I'm hoping and praying it doesn't develop into a full cold or the exercise maybe difficult!
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Great job everybody!

I think we're all kicking some butt!
  • Cuddlebug12
    Cuddlebug12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Surferfreak07... I'm sure you will do great on the second interview
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone! Its my Friday, yay, me and the hubby get 2 days off, in a row! Lets ALL be losers today, drink your water and try to get in some activity, most important though, make good choices today!

Oh Happy Day!
    ~Bre
  • Illusent
    Illusent Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Lets ALL be losers today, drink your water and try to get in some activity, most important though, make good choices today!
    LOL! You beat me to it!! Also, I've come to see fruit as my best friends!! Especially if you are a snacker (like myself)! Keep it up guys, we can do it!!
  • balancejenn
    balancejenn Posts: 234
    Options
    I'm busy working on our chart but I just had to write that WE LOST 93.3 lbs as a group this week!!! Great going!!!

Kristen

This is huge!! :drinker:
  • 25daniow
    25daniow Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What a great motivating group this is!!!! I love it:smile: I find that having the chart to see the progress is inspirational for me. Thanks so much to Kristen for taking the time to make it every week...it is so encouraging!!!! Good luck to everyone participating and keep focusing one day at a time cause' everyone is worth the effort:wink:
  • dmolnaraz
    dmolnaraz Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I found new motivation for my runs this week. A group of us have signed up for the Dirty Girl Mud Run in November. Since the most I've managed to run so far is 2 miles, I've got a ways to go to get to a 5K. I know I have 4 months to train, but I also know 4 months will be gone before quicker than I want. That thought got me out the door this morning when it was already 92 degrees and I so didn't want to. It wasn't the prettiest run I've done but I did it.

I do need to find a hat to run in. And maybe a route that has more shade.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I found new motivation for my runs this week. A group of us have signed up for the Dirty Girl Mud Run in November. Since the most I've managed to run so far is 2 miles, I've got a ways to go to get to a 5K.

Well when you think about it, you only have 1.1 more miles to tack on. It's really not that much when you compare it to the 2 that you can already run. I'm thinking of signing up for the Foam Fest 5K being held in Dallas and Austin this October/November. I haven't decided which one to do yet because it all depends on if my friend can go with me or not. But I'm pretty sure that I'm going to try and do the free 5K that they do every month here on post just for ****s and giggles. And I never thought I would be the type of person that considers a 5K to be a form of entertainment. Haha
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I bought a new scale today, because the one we were using is over 25 years old. But, my nsv for the day: i do it at school and work, i park the car as far away as possible to walk up to where i go. well, i thought, why not apply the same concept to walmart (even when i grocery shopping at kroger i park as far away, walmart i never managed it) and i did park, but the fun part: i walked not only all over walmart, but i also walked the 1/2 mile down to subway and back!!!!!!! i figured if i wanted a sub that badly, i'm going to make my hungry butt wants it!!!!!

Anyway, had to share that, also thank you Kristen for all that you have been doing for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thank you all for being supportive!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have any support at home, so its nice to have support here at mfp!!!!!!!!!

Happy Tuesday :)
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options

For a challenge for this week, how about making sure you are hitting 30 grams of fiber per day? I know it keeps me regular. :laugh:

kcthatsme will assign one or two of this weeks biggest losers to select the challenges for the week when she puts up the chart. Although, to be honest, I for one can use more fiber in my diet most days! LOL

Thanks! I missed that part. :blushing:
  • Deedsie
    Options

For a challenge for this week, how about making sure you are hitting 30 grams of fiber per day? I know it keeps me regular. :laugh:

kcthatsme will assign one or two of this weeks biggest losers to select the challenges for the week when she puts up the chart. Although, to be honest, I for one can use more fiber in my diet most days! LOL

May I get my fiber from carrot cake? :wink:

Yes, I think that carrot cake has fiber.
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am about to confess my secret dream that I have told no one, because I'm not sure if I can accomplish it or not (fear not, nothing that jaw dropping).... I really want to do a triathlon next summer (eek! I said it!!). My biggest obstacle training wise is the running part. If I'm remembering right, sprint distance is about a 750 meter swim, 10-12 mile bike ride & 5K run. I've been doing my "Couch to 5K app" and my jogging intervals are 1:30. I have just never been a runner... the 1:30 intervals are tough for me to get thru, but I've seen people do it on Biggest Loser, so certainly it's possible, right? Ah, dare to dream ;0) I may start out with a "Try a Tri" which is shorter distances....

Per beatrixia's suggestion ("what are some of your little & big strategies to keep on track and resilient")... here's what I'd say:
    1. Group support
    2. Having mini-goals (and maybe a big goal or dream like above)
    3. I keep a calendar on the back of the bathroom door to write my weigh-ins on
    4. My kids are 6, 8 & 10....I notice each day how much they model my behavior & habits....I really need to be a good example!
    5. Pre-planning meals for the week (I don't always do this - but boy does it help!)
    6. Keeping my "go to" snacks on hand - salsa, almonds, fruit, cheese sticks, greek yogurt, hard-boiled eggs

Those are some of the things off the top of my head - many on this thread have been super successful losing big #'s, so I'd love to hear their tricks!

kvonjohn - love the new pic!

twoboys2012 - happy belated! The mud run sounds fun ;)

sweetiemimila - agree! 93.3 as a group is amazing - would love to break 100 as a group!

BLloudy - I too struggle with PM calorie intake being too high - I'm working on it!

cuddlebug12 - "ditto" your words of support & congratulations

cherubcrnp - nice loss!

beatrixia - prelogging meals is a great suggestion - better to adjust before hand than to be surprised afterwards!

mandamommy3 - great progress on your shred workouts!

redbird99 - I'm upping the exercise this week too!

shirley - the pilates class sounds great!

surferfreak07 - woo hoo on the 2nd interview! What a great sign!

Bre - enjoy your "weekend"

Illusent - agree - fruit is my new bff! Love this time of year when there are so many great fresh choices!

dmolnaraz - Mud run sounds like a great goal!

shadowkitty - ah, 5K - the new form of entertainment! Love it!

Navyknightah1 - enjoy your new scale! Love that your worked for your subway today!

Have a great one all!

Hugs, Amy
  • ksraider
    ksraider Posts: 107
    Options
    I've seen all the post about c25k and people doing 5ks and really wanted to try and do one in the distant future. I have been trying to incorporate jogging into my walks but have found that it kills my left hip. Any suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Regina

P.S. As of yesterdays weigh in I am NO longer overweight. I am in the healthy range. Not very far in but I'm there.
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    I popped on here to complain but after reading all of the great posts, I'll keep it to myself. :tongue: I don't see any mini challenges posted yet so I'll write Shamrockit and Ladytinkerbell99 privately and see if they'll post them later. That's when I'll be back also, with a better frame of mind and encouraging words. :happy:

Kristen
  • CrysButcher3
    CrysButcher3 Posts: 322
    Options
    I can't believe we have lost over 93 lbs as a group! That is just amazing you guys!

I can not stress enough how important it really is to take measurements. I'm saying this because I have been stuck at the same number pretty much for 3-4 months....gaining back 3-6 lbs...then losing them again...etc. I wasn't doing anything different, and I stuck with my exercise and of course watching my calorie intake. My biggest problem is getting 5-6 small meals in a day. I just haven't gotten the hang of that yet. I'm really trying.....I'm just not hungry but with anything....I'm sure I gotta RE-program my body to eat like that instead of 3 big meals. ((it is a learning process...its not always easy)) SO....

Where I'm going with this is....I took my measurements just to see if that was where I was losing (inches instead of weight) and sure enough....after ONE month of doing this...the following month I had lost over 5 inches total in a month. I knew I was losing somewhat because my clothes were getting just a TAD big looser.

So even if your scale isn't moving, that doesn't mean your inches aren't. Take those measurements...what do you have to lose? Compare them once a month, or every other if you want....but don't always just depend on that scale to give you that magical number...because sometimes that scale hates us. :sad:
  • shamrockit
    shamrockit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE

I struggle with negative self talk. So this weeks mini challenge is to concentrate on positive self talk.

A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.
    -- Gandhi
  • Deedsie
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I completed my 2 mile run today in 17 minutes. That means I ran 2 8:30 miles. Woot! Woot! I also did an hour of yoga.

Per beatrixia's suggestion ("what are some of your little & big strategies to keep on track and resilient")... here's what I'd say:

1. I have a calendar where I have mapped out all my workouts through October. I check them off as I complete them.

2. I have added my gym classes with reminders to my work calendar. It pops up 15 minutes before my class and I cannot block meetings over it without knowing I’m doing so.

3. I plan dinner during my day.

4. I buy fresh fruits to eat every 3-4 days. I have to eat them or they go bad.

5. I paid for my half marathon. It was $65! Then I told all my friends and family I was doing it and to block the time to watch me do it. Peer pressure and financial pressure all in one.

6. I have a picture of my daughter taped to my wrist sweat band. When I want to stop running, when I think my legs are going to give out and that I can’t take another breath and keep running, I look down at her little face and remember that this isn’t just about my health but making sure that I am healthy enough to be a lung donor for her.

PurpleCookie- I think a new scale is definitely in order.

ShadowKitty22- So glad you got your workout in! I love quotes and LOLZ and funny “motivational” pictures. A 5k is the best entertainment when you have books on your ipod.

Twoboys2012- Which mud run did you run?

BLloudy- I had to cut myself off to get over the night eating hump. Some people seem to be able to cut back or eat healthier but not so for me. I just cold turkeyed it. After dinner no more food and dinner must be at least 3 hours before bedtime.

Batrixia- I prelog dinner frequently around lunch time. It helps me come closer or hit my macros for the day. Plus, then I’m not left reaching for snacks then.

MandaMommy3- W2G on those travelling push-ups! Those are no easy feat. I like level 3 better than 2 myself. I’m not a big fan of planks.

Shirley61- I love those Luna bars for snacks. My favorite is the Chocolate Peppermint Stick one. I pair that with a cup a fruit and hit a 200 calorie filling snack pretty quickly.

Surferfreak07- YAY for the 2nd interview!

Bre- Have fun on your “weekend”.

Lllusent- I also like fruit especially watermelon. I love watermelon.

Dmolnaraz- I have a nike run cap that I got at ****’s that I love. Also, I got to tell my husband to go look at ****’s. BAWAHAHA! (sorry I may be 30 according to my birth certificate but I’m only like 14 in my head.)

NavyKnightAH1- Way to work in your workout! That’s an awesome job!

AmybyExample- How fast are you running? A lot of people start out running at or near their max and so can only run for short distances. If you start slower, you will find that you can last longer. For example, I can run a 13 minute mile for about 10 miles right now. Or I can run a 12 minute mile for about 6 miles right now. Or I can run a 10 minute mile for about 4 miles right now or I can run a 9 minute mile for a 5k or I can run 1 mile in 7 minutes. If you don’t have one, I would invest in a cheap pace timer thing. I have a Nike+ and I can hit the button on my iphone and get my pace at any point while running.

Regina- I would see the doctor and make sure nothing is wrong with your hip. If not, then yoga has some great hip stretches like the pigeon pose that may help. Also, I know that a lot of people go and get fitted for shoes at a store that videotapes you and then tells you your stride information. Personally, I have done all of this because I had ankle pain but at the end of that day I just ran through the pain. Two weeks later, my ankle quit hurting. The doctor said, “huh, must have gotten stronger.” Woohoo for not being overweight!

Crysbutcher3- True story!

Shamrockit- Awesome mini challenge! Congrats on losing so much!
  • Deedsie
    Options
    LOL - It starred out D.ICK's. It's actually D.ICK's Sporting Goods. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: