TOPIC: Ready to Rock it! - 12 Week Challenge (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• micshu32
    micshu32 Posts: 22
    Options
    I love the mini challenge of positive self talk. I to am one that manages to get in that negative place now and again. I have been reading all the posts and I have not posted alot but this is my feelings on this subject after reading all of them. My positive-

"Really great people make you feel that you, too, can become great"
    -Mark Twain

Thanks to all!!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    So my husband didn't get home until after 7 tonight and of course by then I'm tired from the day and just not in the mood to go to the gym anymore, especially when I don't have a gym buddy to motivate me and keep me accountable. But luckily for me, I found a whole bunch of inspirational phrases in the forums this morning (my profile pic is one of them) and my former gym buddy is just a few hours North of me in Fort Sill so with her help, I talked myself into going to the gym because the only person I'm punishing by not going is myself. Nothing is going to change unless I MAKE it change. So I did W5 D2 of C25K today and did two separate 8 minute jogs and I feel damn good about it. Now I just fear the TWENTY MINUTE jog the program wants me to do on Wednesday. EEP! But I am strong and I will power through.

Be strong Kitty you CAN DO IT !!!!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Positivity for the day
    Failures are made only by those who fail to dare, not by those who dare to fail.
    Lester B. Pearson
    HAPPY WEDNESDAY ALL!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart:
  • Victoire2012
    Victoire2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Okay: here's what I am doing for this week's mini-challenges-

1. Positive thoughts: Some times I am guilty of beating myself up for past failures. I question whether this effort is "real" and whether or not I am really going to do it this time. I find myself confronted with challenges to respond to emotional/stressful times with old habits. So I found this quote in the link that Kristen gave us in the last thread:

"a completed goal more than makes up for each and every failed attempt. never give up."

I will focus on this thought whenever I feel doubt creeping in. I have printed it and it is on my dream board at home and bulletin board at work.

2. Protein- I am going to make an effort to try different sources of protein. I tend to gravitate to the same ol' same ol'.

Great challenges! Thanks
  • Mechell15
    Mechell15 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all so just say our mini challenges more protien and self pep talks got it good luck to everybody. My own goal this week is to walk i have another 5k on the 27th. Would like to get under 39:48. I can do it i've done it before and will again!!!! :happy:
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE

I struggle with negative self talk. So this weeks mini challenge is to concentrate on positive self talk.

A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.
    -- Gandhi

What a great challenge! I think we all need this :)
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Great challenges!

I must admit I am guilty of negativity at times. It's kind of weird, I never had those thoughts when I weighed 300lbs, I was honestly content with life and didn't put too much thought into my body (maybe I was in a subconscious denial or something LOL). But now, I seem to be much more critical of my lumps and bumps. When I look back at my "before" pictures I'm amazed at how bad it was and don't understand why it didn't bother me. I will work on concentrating on the positive!

I'm pretty good on getting protien most days, but the odd day I am not hitting the recommended amount. I'll try to fix that this week.

Have a wonderful week everyone! :drinker:
  • itsmindovermatter
    Options
    Positivity for the day
    Failures are made only by those who fail to dare, not by those who dare to fail.
    Lester B. Pearson
    HAPPY WEDNESDAY ALL!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :love: :heart:

Great quote!
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    So I got inspired by a friend on my friend's list most recent measurement numbers and wanted to take my own as I haven't done it since late April. So I busted out my measuring tape and was amazed to see that I've lost 14.75"! I lost two inches in my waist and both thighs, three inches from my hips and a half inch on both biceps. :)

Now I just have to get dressed and go hit up the gym in about an hour or so and work on completing that 20 minute jog for C25K.
  • Brinasacat
    Brinasacat Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    The challenges are great for me. I'm guilty of the negative self talk, and I don't get enough protein. I've got my macros on 40-30-30 (C-F-P), I continue to lift some weights to try and preserve some muscle mass during this fat shedding process, and only consume 1/4-1/2 of what I should. I've got meat issues ever since I watched Food, Inc , and can only buy it from a local farmer, so it's a challenge!
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Great challenges!

I must admit I am guilty of negativity at times. It's kind of weird, I never had those thoughts when I weighed 300lbs, I was honestly content with life and didn't put too much thought into my body (maybe I was in a subconscious denial or something LOL). But now, I seem to be much more critical of my lumps and bumps. When I look back at my "before" pictures I'm amazed at how bad it was and don't understand why it didn't bother me. I will work on concentrating on the positive!

I'm the same way! I was content being large and lumpy until the scale hit 303 pounds. Now I look at those pictures and I just like, "wow...really?!?" of course I know that has more to do with the fact that I would look at even older pictures of myself from when I was thinner and my mind would think that I still looked like that even though I didn't. So as odd as it may sound, I'm glad that the scale finally hit over 300 pounds because it was the wake up call I needed to get out of this bad downward spiral. I now weigh about what I did four years ago and it's only getting better from here. :)
  • redbird99
    redbird99 Posts: 298
    Options
    I love the positive thoughts everyone is expressing this morning. I'm with Roni_M and Shadowkitty22 - when I was at my heaviest, it never seemed that way in my mind. But when I saw myself in photos, I was shocked and dismayed. Body image is such a strange thing - my friend has lost to her goal weight, but she still sees herself as huge. She says she doesn't feel any different. How can that be? I have lost 36 pounds and can not see any real difference, but I know it is there because I am wearing smaller clothing. This is a great challenge! Find the positive and meditate on those thoughts!

"Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward."
    Victor Kiam
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    So I got inspired by a friend on my friend's list most recent measurement numbers and wanted to take my own as I haven't done it since late April. So I busted out my measuring tape and was amazed to see that I've lost 14.75"! I lost two inches in my waist and both thighs, three inches from my hips and a half inch on both biceps. :)

Now I just have to get dressed and go hit up the gym in about an hour or so and work on completing that 20 minute jog for C25K.

Congratulations!! Outstanding loss! I never know what to include when tallying up inches lost. I love the measuring tape though, it makes me feel pretty awesome! LOL

My stats are:

Bust was 48.5 down to 43 (lost 5.5")

Waist was 48.5 down to 35.5 (lost 13")

Hip was 54 down to 44.5 (lost 9.5")

Thigh was 33 down to 27 (lost 6" off each)

Went from a size 22 to a 14 so far! :heart:
  • foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE

I struggle with negative self talk. So this weeks mini challenge is to concentrate on positive self talk.

-- Gandhi

This is a great challenge. My "notes" section of my food/exercise log is fueled with talk to myself, and in the last week or so I've noticed a transition from negative to encouraging -- I'll definitely keep your challenge this week in mind as I press on :)

Great idea.
  • foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yesterday instead of driving to my friend's place for a swim, I strapped my daughter into the stroller and C25K'd it enroute there. I knew I would have arrived before the 31 minutes, so I turned left instead of right, circled the block one more time before arriving at her place in perfect time. That pool felt aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamazing after that run. The run itself? Much slower than normal and I felt like Jello ... but I did it. I made a healthy choice, I followed through and I stuck with it. Afterward we briskly walked home giving us another 21 minutes of cardio (well, me ... she just rolled along!)

Little changes toward the bigger picture.
  • AmandaWarnerz1
    AmandaWarnerz1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    GUYS! So for five weeks I weighed in the same and was feeling pretty stuck. During the weeks I would go up up up and then by mondays be back down but never lower. I tried eating less, exercising more, eating more, exercising less, and finally last week I got really frustrated and my husband took the batteries out of the scale. I had a great weekend with lots of family bike rides and we took our older girls to Seattle to see Les Miserables. On Monday I made my husband replace the batteries so I could weigh in, but it still read the same darn number.
    But, this morning when I stood on the scale I was down from my stuck number 1.5 pounds!
    VICTORY!
    Thanks for cheering me on!
  • adm88
    adm88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    All of you are so inspiring.

AmandaWarnerz--congratulations on finally getting that number lower. Maybe you just need to think about it less; maybe take the batteries out of the scale more often.

I struggle with getting my protein goal everyday. I eat a lot of fruit (basically no protein), I have Greek yogurt everyday so that helps a little. But I need low cost protein rich snack foods I can have at work.

I would much rather get my protein from actual food than from a powder or bar, but will if I have to.

Any suggestions???
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Positive thought challenge: I am sure many of you have scene this already, but I stumbled across it a couple of days ago. Now any time I am feeling week or just need a little boost I reread this to remind myself of my goal and where I am going.

I may not be there yet, but I am one step closer than yesterday !!!
  • balancejenn
    balancejenn Posts: 234
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE

-- Gandhi

Thanks..... great challenge :smile:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    WOW! This group is really supporting each other. WONDERFUL :flowerforyou:

Our last challenge was not as talkative. I am so impressed with everyone giving each
    other support. :heart:

I have lost a few pounds since back from vacation. Trying to make some small changes.
    Trying not to eat the appetizers at our boat parties and get togethers. Very hard !!!:tongue:
    Summer is difficult this year since my DH and I host these parties for our sailing club
    going on the second year. Sodium is the devil !

Like the idea of not doing the negative talk. It amazes me how much negative thought
    we have thoroughout our day. If you wrote down on paper your negatives thoughts,
    you would be amazed. I will follow this challenge. As far as protein goes I am okay
    with my protein intake.

Good Luck next week everyone :drinker:

Shirley