TOPIC: Ready to Rock it! - 12 Week Challenge (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• Illusent
    Illusent Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Positive Thoughts and Protein?

Sounds good to me! We got this!
  • 25daniow
    25daniow Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Truthfully...I'm the queen of negative self talk...ask my husband (lol):) So I am going to try especially hard to focus on the positive self talk challenge! I think it is an excellent challenge and one that I know I need to do more of! Thanks so much. And to add a quote to the mix...

"It's Never Too Late To Be What You Might Have Been!" George Elliot

So Whatever It is You're Looking To Accomplish....Go For It....Cause It's Never To Late To Make A Change:wink:
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Decided to do a progress post. The people here are so awesome! Thanks Kristen for keeping me on track with these challenges!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/664241-80lbs-down-in-8-months-getting-pretty-excited
  • ksraider
    ksraider Posts: 107
    Options
    Just looked at your progress pictures Roni. Amazing. What an awsome job you have done. I have yet to get brave enough to post pictures. But I enjoy looking at them to keep my motivation going. Like I said before awsome job. Regina
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Just looked at your progress pictures Roni. Amazing. What an awsome job you have done.

^^^This!

I posted mine in the before and afters thread but I'll post here too. I started in 2010 with the LoseIt! app but it had me eating 1000 calories a day and netting less after an hour of cardio. I couldn't maintain so I moved to MFP last year.

208 lbs
    208lbsJPG.jpg

137 lbs (holding my new nephew last week on July 5th):
    138lbs.jpg
  • Roni_M
    Options
    Fabulous job Deedsie! This is my third challenge with Kristen, so I've lost most of my weight through these challenges. In fact the Jan picture was only a few days into the first challenge. I find seeing everyone posting their losses really keeps me on track. I hope this doesn't sound mean but even the people who struggle keep me from getting down on myself when the numbers aren't what I expect. It let's me see that I'm not alone when I struggle.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Did my 20 minutes of jogging today and while it wasn't as hard as I psyched myself up for it to be it wasn't easy either but I got it done. And my husband just told me that he can tell that by the time I'm where I want to be weight wise that I'm going to have a sexy *kitten*. Haha He's been such a wonderful source of positive encouragement lately.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Did my 20 minutes of jogging today and while it wasn't as hard as I psyched myself up for it to be it wasn't easy either but I got it done. And my husband just told me that he can tell that by the time I'm where I want to be weight wise that I'm going to have a sexy *kitten*. Haha He's been such a wonderful source of positive encouragement lately.

My husband keeps grabbing me. I told him, "promises, promises." :wink:
  • Victoire2012
    Victoire2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Decided to do a progress post. The people here are so awesome! Thanks Kristen for keeping me on track with these challenges!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/664241-80lbs-down-in-8-months-getting-pretty-excited

Roni your progress pictures are so amazingly inspiring. This is my first challenge and I am so excited to be a part of this group. Today I hit the 55 day "anniversary" on MFP. It was a little discouraging to realize I had hoped to be down so much more by this point. My measurements have changed so I know I am going in the right direction.

Sharing your success helps motivate people like me to keep going.

Thank you.
  • Cuddlebug12
    Cuddlebug12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yesterday instead of driving to my friend's place for a swim, I strapped my daughter into the stroller and C25K'd it enroute there. I knew I would have arrived before the 31 minutes, so I turned left instead of right, circled the block one more time before arriving at her place in perfect time. That pool felt aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamazing after that run. The run itself? Much slower than normal and I felt like Jello ... but I did it. I made a healthy choice, I followed through and I stuck with it. Afterward we briskly walked home giving us another 21 minutes of cardio (well, me ... she just rolled along!)

Little changes toward the bigger picture.

Congratulations on sticking with it!!!
  • Roni_M
    Options

Roni your progress pictures are so amazingly inspiring. This is my first challenge and I am so excited to be a part of this group. Today I hit the 55 day "anniversary" on MFP. It was a little discouraging to realize I had hoped to be down so much more by this point. My measurements have changed so I know I am going in the right direction.

Sharing your success helps motivate people like me to keep going.

Thank you.

Thank you! Although I must admit i don't feel very motivational. I just keep stumbling along hoping for results like everyone else! LOL
  • Cuddlebug12
    Cuddlebug12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    GUYS! So for five weeks I weighed in the same and was feeling pretty stuck. During the weeks I would go up up up and then by mondays be back down but never lower. I tried eating less, exercising more, eating more, exercising less, and finally last week I got really frustrated and my husband took the batteries out of the scale. I had a great weekend with lots of family bike rides and we took our older girls to Seattle to see Les Miserables. On Monday I made my husband replace the batteries so I could weigh in, but it still read the same darn number.
    But, this morning when I stood on the scale I was down from my stuck number 1.5 pounds!
    VICTORY!
    Thanks for cheering me on!

Awesome work!!!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    am i too late for this week? sorry been super hectic!!!

Current Weight: 197
    Challenge Goal Weight: 170

07/02: 200.00(have had a bad few weeks....stress and life..lol)
    07/09: 194.60
    07/16:
    07/23:
    08/06: <<<mini goal weight>>> 190
    08/13:
    08/20:
    08/27:
    09/03: <<<mini goal weight>>> 180
    09/10:
    09/17:
    09/24:
    10/01: <<<challenge goal weight>>> 170
  • dmolnaraz
    dmolnaraz Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thank you for bcdpearce, shadowkitty and cuddlebug for correcting my thinking about my runs. You are right I am 2/3 of the way there and 2 miles is a wonderful thing by itself.

I'm not too bad on the negative talk. I have lots of practice with my daughter. She turns 1 Saturday and is in the 'into everything' stage. I try to keep things positive talking to her (let's close the drawer instead of don't open the drawer) I'm trying to let her explore and keep no and don't for the really important things (No, don't play with the oven, No don't pull the dogs lips).

The protien is harder for me. I realized when I started running I wasn't eating enough protien. It made me very tired and I struggled with it for a couple of weeks. I do greek yogurt and tuna fish during the day. I also changed my percentages so that I have a higher number to aim for. I don't make most days but the amount I do get is higher than it used to be.

Deedsie and Roni - thank you for sharing your progress pictures. I need to find some before and now pictures. Maybe that will help me see the changes. I know all my clothes are loose but I don't see the changes when I look in the mirror. I know I have lots of pictures because of my daughter. I just have to find ones that show me and her instead of me hiding behind her.
  • grahamckas88
    grahamckas88 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    First: Train.
    Second: DO IT!
    Third: Dont stress on times, just go for it, and finish, no matter how long it takes.

This is great advice! In April I signed up (along with my daughter) for a 1/2 marathon that takes place in October. What was I thinking?!? The longest run I've done so far has been a 10K and that was a struggle! I haven't been able to get motivated to start training. I've had thoughts of not doing it at all, but I know I would be disappointed in myself and I don't want to let my daughter down.

I need to change my mindset! I'm determined to go on a run tonight!

I CAN DO THIS! - This is where the positive thoughts need to come in!
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    To make it easier for us, I'm FINALLY succumbing to the group idea. You will have your invite, in just a few minutes. I think it will help us be better organized so that it is easier to put our weigh ins one place, find the chart in another, post about our measurements elsewhere, etc.

Would ONE of you start a measurement topic there?

Thanks!
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    To make it easier for us, I'm FINALLY succumbing to the group idea. You will have your invite, in just a few minutes. I think it will help us be better organized so that it is easier to put our weigh ins one place, find the chart in another, post about our measurements elsewhere, etc.

Thanks!

How does it being a group change things?
  • JNJN25
    JNJN25 Posts: 60
    Options

Thanks!

Easier to find the thread and it is much more organized.
  • Roni_M
    Options

Thanks!

The group has it's own forum, so a thread for weigh-ins, one for charts, one for chit chat, etc. I suspect with the big number of us in this challenge (and so many posts) it's very difficult to locate all the weigh-ins. I hope the group is just as active as this thread!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    All of you are so inspiring.

AmandaWarnerz--congratulations on finally getting that number lower. Maybe you just need to think about it less; maybe take the batteries out of the scale more often.

I struggle with getting my protein goal everyday. I eat a lot of fruit (basically no protein), I have Greek yogurt everyday so that helps a little. But I need low cost protein rich snack foods I can have at work.

I would much rather get my protein from actual food than from a powder or bar, but will if I have to.

Any suggestions???
    try chicken, turkey, cheese, eggs even egg beaters, nuts....hope this helps :happy: