TOPIC: Ready to Rock it! - 12 Week Challenge (CLOSED GRP)

Options

Replies

• kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    93 pounds is like losing a small adult person!!! Wow!!
  • Illusent
    Illusent Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have a picture of my daughter taped to my wrist sweat band. When I want to stop running, when I think my legs are going to give out and that I can’t take another breath and keep running, I look down at her little face and remember that this isn’t just about my health but making sure that I am healthy enough to be a lung donor for her.
    Wow! That's amazing, and beautiful! Keep grinding!
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options

It's about the combined weight of my 5 and 2 year old, lol.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options

It's about the combined weight of my 5 and 2 year old, lol.

Haha! So for you, two small people.
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    MINI CHALLENGE

I struggle with negative self talk. So this weeks mini challenge is to concentrate on positive self talk.

A man is but the product of his thoughts what he thinks, he becomes.
    -- Gandhi

Great challenge supported by a great quote. This journey is just as much mental as it is physical. I am looking for a COMPLETE makeover and negative thoughts are out!!:happy:
  • dmolnaraz
    dmolnaraz Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've seen all the post about c25k and people doing 5ks and really wanted to try and do one in the distant future. I have been trying to incorporate jogging into my walks but have found that it kills my left hip. Any suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Regina

P.S. As of yesterdays weigh in I am NO longer overweight. I am in the healthy range. Not very far in but I'm there.

Yeah for being in the healthy range. I'm hoping to hit that by the end of the challenge.

I have problems with my lower back and hips. It isn't necessarily the running, it is sitting too much and not stretching. It is actually the IT band that runs from the hip to knee. If I don't stretch it out enough it pulls on my hip and across my lower back. thst being said there are lots of other things it could be. I would check with your Dr just to make sure it isn't bursitis or something else that running would make worse.
  • dmolnaraz
    dmolnaraz Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    AmybyExample - I second Deedsie. I run really, really slow. I'm glad there are not any power walkers in my neighborhood because they would all be passing me. :noway: I'm working on speed right now and then distance. I have a goal of making it down to a 12 min mile. (I told you I was slow) Once I have that down I'm going to try and increase my distance to the 5K I need for November.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Great mini challenge!

I think, therefore I can.

AmyByExample, a Tri is an AWESOME goal!
    First: Train.
    Second: DO IT!
    Third: Dont stress on times, just go for it, and finish, no matter how long it takes.

Our best friends starting a running program 2 years ago, when they did their first marathon, 26.2 miles, it took them almost 12 hours to complete it, sure they were tired, and sore, and they had to go REALLY slow at points, in fact, they said all the roadblocks were taken down and they wanted to call it quits, but they kept marching on, and they finished. Now, one and a half years after their first marathon, they are doing them in about 6 hours. Even though they dont come in first, they still come in.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I found new motivation for my runs this week. A group of us have signed up for the Dirty Girl Mud Run in November. Since the most I've managed to run so far is 2 miles, I've got a ways to go to get to a 5K. I know I have 4 months to train, but I also know 4 months will be gone before quicker than I want. That thought got me out the door this morning when it was already 92 degrees and I so didn't want to. It wasn't the prettiest run I've done but I did it.

I do need to find a hat to run in. And maybe a route that has more shade.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

All you can manage is 2 miles SO FAR? No, no, no. Dont look at it that way. Your already 66% of the way there! Thats fantastic!
  • ResetJen
    ResetJen Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    @bcdpearce your friends rock and in particular I love their focus and persistence and your following quote...we will all come in positively :smile:
    Even though they dont come in first, they still come in.
  • kristyp97pds
    Options
    How can i join with you guys?
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Sorry for not posting this earlier. To be honest, I did not know I was suppose to do so.
    Thank you kcthatsme for letting me know. :flowerforyou:

For my mini challenge for the week -

I WILL increase my protein intake per day.

Marcy
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is staying on track...I need to really work on my snacks!

Bought 2 new water bottles today though to keep my water intake up!
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    I like the positive self talk challenge, whenever I use my mirror I always nitpick my negatives. Have to stop that unhealthy habit...I have a question. When you are losing the same 4-5lbs, is this a plateau? I cannot get out of the 300's, it is freakin' frustrating. On day I'm at 303 then next couple of days I'm back to 308.

I can't believe the group lost 93lbs, that is huge. Congrats to the losers!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    FIRST OF ALL CONGRATS TO THE BIGGEST LOSERS :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:

SECONDLY I truly want to apologize for NOT losing wt. this week, I PROMISE to do better and have actually had a great 2 days and WILL continue with this pattern...NO NEGATIVITY....NOTHING GONNA STOP ME !!!

AND THIRDLY Thanks for the mini challenges guys, I definitely need more protein and less negativity on my new journey :happy:

So I shall see what next Monday holds :wink:
  • deepavignesh
    deepavignesh Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm busy working on our chart but I just had to write that WE LOST 93.3 lbs as a group this week!!! Great going!!!

Kristen

thats pretty awesome for 1st week!! we r rocking it!!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Bear with me as I get a handle of this - LOL (Thanks Kristen).

For this week, let's all try to increase our protein.

Have a great week.

Marcy
  • Cuddlebug12
    Cuddlebug12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I found new motivation for my runs this week. A group of us have signed up for the Dirty Girl Mud Run in November. Since the most I've managed to run so far is 2 miles, I've got a ways to go to get to a 5K. I know I have 4 months to train, but I also know 4 months will be gone before quicker than I want. That thought got me out the door this morning when it was already 92 degrees and I so didn't want to. It wasn't the prettiest run I've done but I did it.

I do need to find a hat to run in. And maybe a route that has more shade.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

All you can manage is 2 miles SO FAR? No, no, no. Dont look at it that way. Your already 66% of the way there! Thats fantastic!

That's a much better way to look at it... making it into a postive!!!
  • Cuddlebug12
    Cuddlebug12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I managed to drink 3 litres of water today!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I managed to drink 3 litres of water today!!!!!!!!!!!
    and I thought my 80ozs was something :noway:
    WTG GIRL!!!