30 Day Shred Group Sept 1st!!! Here we go!!!

Options

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    day 8 Level 1 done! I really noticed an improvement on my endurance since day 1.. I'm lifting heavier hand weights since day 6 except for the side lunges.. it's still a killer for me.. :grumble:
    Same thing for me. Around day 6 I increased my weight on everything, but the side lunges. Apparently, my shoulders need a lot of work :laugh: Also, some have mentioned sticking with the girly push-ups. I'm also on board with that. I haven't been able to do "real" push-ups since college... And I was only pushing up my 140 lb body back then. I've packed on 75 lbs since then :noway: , but have managed to lose 43 of it so far :happy: . Maybe once I get to my 145 lb goal, I'll be able to do them again. :happy:

Happy Shredding, everyone!!! :drinker:
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    day 12 done! again, still on level 1 but doing everything with 5 lb weights and also doing most things with natalie (except the push ups - i agree! i even have a hard time just doing the second set of girly ones... phew) i am thinking maybe in 5-10 days to switch to level 2. still scares the bejesus out of me though...

sky - did you start level 2?
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

I'm glad to hear you're all trucking ahead with the workouts. I can't wait to join back in.

I've been without chest pains for two days except for yesterday, when I lifted a stack of orange construction cones up over my head; I felt a slight twinge, but only for a few seconds. If all goes well tonight, I'll be working with Jillian while my boyfriend is at his son's soccer game tomorrow morning.

I've been doing an okay job at staying within my calories, but definitely need to improve, especially since I haven't been doing the workouts!

Good luck, everyone!
    Heather
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    the migraine meds are working and I think I can start my shreds again! I never do em on weekends but Im gonna try and get one in today!
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 11 Level 1 and 2 done! I did so well with eating this week I hope I don't mess it up over the weekend like I usually do. Hope I make it but pretty sure beer and wings will be calling my name during football :drinker:

exercise.png

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • skywalker
    Options
    sky - did you start level 2?

I will be doing it tonight for the first time. I'll check in when I'm done... If I can lift my arms to type :laugh: . It looks like a killer!!! :noway:
  • mrsrossi
    Options
    Well Im new to this, and I just found your post. But I started the 30 day shred today and man it was good!! lol. I think this is going to be a big deal for me. So Im excited. This and my running should do the trick and following the calories they have desiganted for me. Im already seeing a difference in my stomach. Not as much bloating cause Im drinking enough water and pre-planing my meals for the day so I know that eating that donut will send me way over that limit. lol. Keep up the good work lady's Im going to rest now while my children are sleeping.
  • skywalker
    Options
    Checking in late... Day 11 done (first time doing level 2)!! WOW!!! :noway: That was tough. I may need to do more than 10 days on this one. Those plank jacks killed me! :laugh:
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Im up at 5am and have WAY too much energy for some unknown reason.
    Ill probably do the shred as soon as I get the motivation
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm considering buying the dvd, but wanted to browse through the posts firsts. I've seen weights mentioned-how do you know what size weight to start out with? And is there anything else that's needed for the workouts? Thanks and good luck to all of you!:smile:
  • Jovialation
    Options
    a mat helps. You can find em pretty cheap too.
    Im only using two pound weights for now which is totally wussy but I have tennis elbow and really dont feel like aggravating it. Im in it for the exercise, not to challenge getting hurt LOL
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

I'm finally back on the wagon. I did Level 1 to get back in the swing of things this morning and stuggled a bit, but too badly. And, even though I haven't worked out in over a week (other than walking), I am down another 1.2 lbs.! I must have been doing better on staying within my calories that I thought!

Happy exercising!
    Heather
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Day 12 Level 1 and 2 shredded! My little guy did it with me again today, it was hilarious :laugh: he was flapping his arms like crazy and laying on me during plank twists (ugh! those are rough!) Feel really strong but it is still very tough so definetly have a lot more days to go til I can move up to level 3!

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

exercise.png
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    11days done but i missed five days in a row lol. i can definately get through everything now apart from squat and press at the start. i don;t know what it is about my shoulders lol.

im sort of ready for level two but for people just about to start it, if i remember correctly, there is a lot of plank postition moves and you need a bit extra space for the skater cardio one, i felt like a pillock doing these lol. oh and the plank twists at the end i could barely breathe, good luck to anyone who can do these all the way through.
    think i will start level 2 either tommorrow or monday.

still no difference in weight but i think thats the alcohol. my next mission. ha ha yeah right !!!
  • skywalker
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm considering buying the dvd, but wanted to browse through the posts firsts. I've seen weights mentioned-how do you know what size weight to start out with? And is there anything else that's needed for the workouts? Thanks and good luck to all of you!:smile:
    I started out with 3 lb weights and moved up to 5 lbs within 6-7 workouts. It all depends on your upper body strength. Mine needs work. :laugh: I actually don't ust a mat. I find that a beach towel, folded a few times, works great. It provides just a little extra cushioning during the ab work. Also, I have a very small tv room and I have enough room for the workout. I just push the coffee table up against the couch when I do it. :tongue: If you're joining in, welcome aboard!!! :drinker:
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Day 7, L1, whew! Yay! I didn't shred yesterday but am back today. My muscles thanked me. I am still on 3 lb. weights my upper body really needs help!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I started out with 3 lb weights and moved up to 5 lbs within 6-7 workouts. It all depends on your upper body strength. Mine needs work. :laugh: I actually don't ust a mat. I find that a beach towel, folded a few times, works great. It provides just a little extra cushioning during the ab work. Also, I have a very small tv room and I have enough room for the workout. I just push the coffee table up against the couch when I do it. :tongue: If you're joining in, welcome aboard!!! :drinker:
    sounds good-thanks for the info:flowerforyou:
  • sudzie88
    Options
    Checking in late... Day 11 done (first time doing level 2)!! WOW!!! :noway: That was tough. I may need to do more than 10 days on this one. Those plank jacks killed me! :laugh:

haha i know!!! you spend like, half the workout in plank pose!! its suck a killer for me...
  • everyday
    Options
    Day 4 Level 1 - DONE... Yip-eeeee:smile:
  • sudzie88
    Options
    day 13 done :) im thinking at day 20 im moving up to level two (shudder) so nervous!!! but i know itll be great for my body... :P