30 Day Shred Group Sept 1st!!! Here we go!!!

Options

Replies

• Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    8 days done. no extra comment though. nothing exciting happened yet. although that bit where she says 'those on day 5 6 and 7 will notice better endurance' she is definately right i can get through the cardio loads better. still struggling with some of the strenght. have change food to suit strenght workout now though so i will see.

:smile: happy shredding:smile:
  • Iwkido
    Iwkido Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm to curious! :tongue: I've took my measurements before and... today :embarassed: ... and I've lose 6 in. in all! Cool!! That's exciting! :drinker:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

April_mesk: I am going to the kettlebell class next week since I didn't get home on time this week. I'm both scared and excited. We'll see. As far as the Jillian Michaels DVDs go, they used to carry them at Walmart stores, but when I was looking at my local stores a few weeks ago, they were no where to be found. I ended up buying them on walmart.com for about $10 each. Otherwise, if you buy them from jillianmichaels.com, she offers both the Metabolism Boost and Trouble Zones for $14.95; if I had known that when I bought mine, I would have gone that route.

I've been very, very bad at following the Shred plan because I've been so busy this week again. Last night was three hours of walking around at my volunteer work and tonight will be two hours of the same. Needless to say, there just aren't enough hours in the day sometimes to get everything done, workout AND sleep enough! I'm going to have to take another look at my schedule for the upcoming month and schedule in some Shred time.

Happy exercising, everyone. Hopefully, I'll be back on the wagon soon!

Heather
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    dont know if Ill get my shred in today....had some weird stomach issues last night that Im still fighting off.
    and on top of it I have a migraine, Im dizzy, and I feel like I may have a fever.

Probably in my best interest not to push it

Sounds like you're having the same issues I had all weekend. I took 2 days off from all exercise and because of my stomache I was afraid to eat certain things. I didn't really get to enjoy the holiday weekend and still am not 100%. I know how you feel, so I hope you get well soon :flowerforyou:

Finished day 6!! :happy:

I'm sick too! Past two weeks....allergies maybe? Runny nose and so tired all the time......i'm so behind in my shredding :sad: Going to sleep the whole weekend and pray that I get healthy by Monday so I can start fresh!!!
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day Shred yesterday and i absolutely loved it!!! :heart: I usually am not one who likes exercise DVDs but this one was really good. I go to the gym 4 days a week so days I am not in the gym I will be doing the Shred. Good luck to you all!!
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I completely failed at this challange haha. Never too late to start though!
  • bribaby24
    bribaby24 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow just finished shredding through Level 1 and 2. I feel great! Getting much stronger, but still have a lot further to go. Plan on getting my butt outta bed early and run/walk for a 1/2 hour tomorrow if not I will shred again! Hope everyone is doing good! :happy:

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator

Oh ya I almost forgot, how does everyone record it on your excercise log? I put circuit training, is that right?
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Bribaby24:
    I just did Shred for the 1st time (level1) and was wondering the same thing. I found it on demand but, I will probably go buy the dvd at Walmart. Looks like it is only on demand until the 15th. I put it under cardio but, I know there is some strength training, so, it is probably considered circuit training.

skywalker:
    If you are out there- thanks for telling me it was on demand! I will be checking in regularly. I do AE Active as well and just finished the 30 day challenge there so, this will be a good variety for me. Thanks, again!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    No problem. april_mesk :happy: Happy to help. I log it under circuit training. Someone else on this thread suggested that, so that's what I've been doing.
    No Shred for me today, 20.5 mile bike ride instead. I like to have some variety too. I'm also getting back into yoga. It's a great stretch after doing the Shred :happy:
  • Iwkido
    Options
    Yep : I'm log it under "circuit training" too.

Day 5, done. :smile: Tomorrow : training my horse, and the Shred after! :happy:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Again, no Shred for me yesterday. I'm completely and utterly failing. I probably won't get it in today because I dinner plans and then a party to go to with a friend. There's always tomorrow, right?

Last night, I logged in two more hours of instructor training for therapeutic horseback riding, so that was exciting. I was walking around quite a bit, lifting kids and saddling, so I'm sure I burned more calories than just watching tv!

Tomorrow morning I have bowling, so I'll probably wear the HRM to see what I burn doing that. Probably not much...

I've been logging my Shred exercising under cardio (for lack of knowing where to put it), but I wear my HRM, so I can get accurate counts on calories burned. I'm not sure it matters what I put it under as long as the burned calories is there, does it?

Good luck exercising, everyone!
    Heather
  • jewely82
    jewely82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    hajohnson24 - I'm sure it doesn't matter what you log the exercise under as long as you know how many calories you are burning. I've been using circuit training, but I don't have a HRM to tell me exactly how much I am burning.

I did the shred this morning after a couple days of slacking off. I think I am almost ready to move up to level 2. I did all the exercises the more intense way except for the push ups. I'm still having to do girly push ups.
  • everyday
    Options
    skywalker You are kicking my Ars...

I need to catch up with ya :smile:
  • bribaby24
    Options
    Didn't wake up early enough to run so just shredded through level 1 and 2! yay! so 8 workouts already this week. woohoo hopefully i can eat right this weekend! that is a huge challenge and i have to workout the whole weekend because i cheated last night! went over my cals by like 500 yuck!!! boooooo :sad:

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Iwkido
    Options
    Day 6, done!
    Yeah it was nice and funny this time : my children did it with me (like they could, of course), and see my 1 year baby (12 month 1/2) jumping and moving his arms...! It was difficult for me to do the jumping jacks with laughing! :laugh:
  • bribaby24
    Options
    Just finished level 1 and 2 Day 5! 10 workouts done!
    lwkido~my 18month old son worked out with me today too! He flaps his arms and trys to do kicks he also sits on top of me during ab work, it's hilarious!

114507.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Iwkido
    Options
    :laugh: Yes, mine wants to climb on me during abs too!
  • skywalker
    Options
    Checking in... Glad to see everyone Shredding! :happy:
    Day 7, done, plus a 33 mile bike ride!! Trying to make up for being sick last weekend and lazy during the week. :drinker:
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Level1 - Day 2 Done, uggh, hopefully, I can keep this going. Took a break yesterday because I couldn't move. Who knew this with a 30 min. workout? Anyhow, it feels good. Maybe if I am up for it I will do it again tomorrow. I am at least going to get comfortable with Level1 before I move on. It may take me 10 times but I will get there!
  • skywalker
    Options
    skywalker You are kicking my Ars...

I need to catch up with ya :smile:
    I just noticed this post. LOL :laugh: I'm not kicking anyone's *kitten*. I need mine kicked this week! :laugh: :laugh: